David Turnbull

Turnbull is a good player but...only going forward and even then if he gets time on the ball. He can't handle pressure and often panics, (we seen that last night for their first goal). Playing him and Rogic together doesn't make sense as they are similar. Turnbull is only young yet seems to lack fitness and stamina. A strange one.

Turnbull is a good player but...only going forward and even then if he gets time on the ball. He can't handle pressure and often panics, (we seen that last night for their first goal). Playing him and Rogic together doesn't make sense as they are similar. Turnbull is only young yet seems to lack fitness and stamina. A strange one.
Not an expert Brim could be he’s still having issues with the knee injury could be his training is around that building up his knee has maybe affected his ability to train at full pelt again not an expert but is strange

HH 👏

Whatever we are doing at the moment isnt working going by results..I think Turnball is good enough to be a top spfl player..He hasnt had many good games against good teams yet but it will come..I think Rogic isnt adding anything at the moment which means our midfield isnt working..McGregor is quality but i feel we need a strong enforcer in there in the mold of a young Scott Brown..Abada ,im not convinced yet..Jota looks good..Kyogo will spfl top scorer by a mile if he stays fit..Left back is a major problem..Jullien in for Starfelt when he returns ..We have the makings of a decent team , just not sure of the tactics thus far..

Based on our current squad, I'd be making Turnbull and Rogic jobshare. Play Turnbull for an hour which seems to be his limit and then bring on Rogic as he struggles for more than half an hour. It also means that they are not on the pitch at the same time as this leaves us far too exposed and vulnerable. But I do think that both have a lot of good things still to contribute to our season (domestically) as they are still talented attacking footballers.

Based on our current squad, I'd be making Turnbull and Rogic jobshare. Play Turnbull for an hour which seems to be his limit and then bring on Rogic as he struggles for more than half an hour. It also means that they are not on the pitch at the same time as this leaves us far too exposed and vulnerable. But I do think that both have a lot of good things still to contribute to our season (domestically) as they are still talented attacking footballers.
Not a bad idea.

Still say that to get the best from Turnbull, he needs to be allowed the luxury of finding the space to hurt the opposition in a free role without the demands of the defensive duties, much the same as Rogic.
Now that's not going to work with a midfield 3 especially with 2 playing the same role.
So can we still operate with such a player?
I still believe we can, but not in the current team set up

It is the fact this poster only ever seems to appear to make negative posts - usually starting new threads to spread it further (OK they did do a positive one on Hart after being called out on their behaviour). It is almost like they never get any enjoyment out of Celtic ever, only love wallowing in misery - or perhaps there is another reason???
Here's cinch comin tae get ye :ROFLMAO:

IdolizedInfantileChafer-max-1mb.gif

The midfields not right, calmac sitting too deep, need to be further forward, we need a holding midfielder to play in front of the defence to take some of the pressure off them and a box to box midfielder with some energy/a good engine/fresh set of batteries

Not an expert Brim could be he’s still having issues with the knee injury could be his training is around that building up his knee has maybe affected his ability to train at full pelt again not an expert but is strange

HH 👏
That crossed my mind too. 👍

Still think it's unfair to place so much of the blame upon Turnbull last night for the result.
Horrific mistake, yes, but has always been in the making with the amount of playing out from the back we have installed into our play in dangerous areas, an accident in waiting was always on the cards and Turnbull becomes the biggest victim of it now.
Always believed in the safety first approach, than trying to be to clever in dangerous areas, as it causes confusion and leads to a lack of confidence and players going missing when under pressure.
Turnbull still remains a valuable asset to us within the spfl, where he can be at his most affective for us, but is still struggling to make that step up to a higher level in bigger games and more so European matches.
I still think he can make that step up still, but won't happen until his actual role in the team is sorted out, as this role with Rogic now is becoming farcical at this stage which can't be good for confidence
He can't play in the same team as rogic when we are playing a good team. The midfield just get over run.
The 1 thing that really gets on ma tits with turnbull is him taking free kicks. He's fucking useless at them. Does anyone know if he's ever scored 1

He can't play in the same team as rogic when we are playing a good team. The midfield just get over run.
The 1 thing that really gets on ma tits with turnbull is him taking free kicks. He's fucking useless at them. Does anyone know if he's ever scored 1
Against hibs last season with nearly all the team missing after dubai, I think Glasbhoy

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back