David Turnbull

I hope not. Let's wait and see how he heals. Might not be the same after an op.

They can’t put a timeframe on the op recovery time or indeed if its successful.

Celtic where still gonna take the kid but wanted this reflected in the revised purchase.

That was exceptionally decent of Celtic. They didnt have to do that and most clubs would have been off like a shot.

The window will be closed.

The wee man needs to look at Larsson and see what he overcame.

Use that as his yardstick and if he has half the gumption and determination that Larsson had recovering then training after his horrific leg break then who knows what will happen next year for the kid.

But its a no go just now for Celtic.

Can't see motherwell spending the cash and time on his Rehab , there facilities are shite ,there not thinking on the best interests of the player
Maybe once the heat is off the story discussions will be started to facilitate for a young Scottish players future in the game. Whats the SFA take on a potential Scotland International player in need of surgery.

Can't see motherwell spending the cash and time on his Rehab , there facilities are shite ,there not thinking on the best interests of the player

Thats it Kelly. The revised price Celtic would have offered would have reflected how long potentially the kid would have been out of action for us and a little over the top knocked off for the risk element of non recovery.

Despite wishing the kid ill when he oissed me off by trying to embarrass my club at the start, i really am gutted for him.

He’s a youngster and he must be feeling lost at sea with no paddle to get to land. Can’t imagine his disappointment and at 19 that must be a hard thing to get his head around.

He needs to stay positive and like i said use someone like Larsson as inspiration.

HH psl ☘️

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe once the heat is off the story discussions will be started to facilitate for a young Scottish players future in the game. Whats the SFA take on a potential Scotland International player in need of surgery.

Ooft they’ll be hiding under a duvet and non committal about anything the fkrs.

I was right. He does not have a minor problem with his knee. He needs a major op and a long perioid of recovery. ie a knee reconstruction.

Not minor at all by some accounts, a underlying problem that all parties were unaware of prior, one that may never cause a issue but if injury occurred to it then it could be career ending.
That adds up, but the blood condition never did because while its common enough and serious if ignored, it would take weeks of testing to confirm a serious problem.
Family member is a biomedical scientist who does such blood tests in Ireland, so knew enough by default to know that never added up.

Sad for the kid, he's had the hoops on and wanted the move. Like to see him sign when fit again.

Last edited:
Celtic Football Club statement via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:

http://www.celticfc.net/news/16363

Absolutely love the way Celtic have dealt with this situation. The statement , short, accurate and to the point. I'm starting to feel like we've dodged a bullet with Turnbull. He was never going to stay, would always be linked left and right to various clubs, was really going to be an investment for profit. I wonder how he and his agents are feeling today. Whilst Turnbull sits laid up through injury, dreaming of 20k a week, Celtic respond by breaking our record pay out for a defender £7million (What? Celtic paid £7 million for a defender?) And yet the SMSM are telling us why aribo chose rangers over Celtic (big news). Find it hard to feel sorry for Turnbull but still there's a part of me that does , the boys head was turned by agents who have possibly ruined his career , he's 5 years younger than my son. I'd be amazed if he ever gets the kind of opportunity hes just been offered again. Had we signed him we'd have another player sitting around injured. I doubt Turnbull is a happy bunny today. For Celtic? No Turnbull? No problem here's £7million for Christopher. Or as some outlets are saying €8million , which puzzles me a little I thought the euro and sterling were about the same value these days

Why didn’t compper, do you think? He has been a sicknote from the start.

Not sure I understand the question. Why didn't Compper fail his medical? Probably because he's healthy and he passed the medical. Not much on the pitch, apparently, but the doctors probably gave him a clean bill of health.

Not so much for Turnbull. And it's a credit to the Celtic medical team for catching this.

Not sure I understand the question. Why didn't Compper fail his medical? Probably because he's healthy and he passed the medical. Not much on the pitch, apparently, but the doctors probably gave him a clean bill of health.

Not so much for Turnbull. And it's a credit to the Celtic medical team for catching this.

He’s been a constant sicknote since he signed, either thst or he cant be fit or good enough to even try to get in the team.

I presume

Back