Decisions, Decisions?

Athenrye

Who actually makes the transfer decisions at Celtic? BR wants players shifted out "the squad is too big". BR wants players in "quality, but only if they are going to improve the squad". Few players out and even fewer in. Lots of talk all the same, but how does it work?

At the end of the John McGinn farce, BR stated publicly to effect that he identifies the players and the board presumably do the negotiating money talk.

Problem maybe more than the board!!
Presumably BR relies on the identification of players suitable via our own scouting system! Which in effect may well amount to the data driven statistical laptop system that Congerton is convinced of, a stats system that to date (many years) appears to have been not so good at finding any player of note.

Google "Congerton - Flawed Or Fraud?"

Last edited:
I make a 7hr round journey with the wee guy every weekend and through the week for cup ties. And never felt so pissed about by the board in my life it's becoming a laughing stock now.
Time they remembered the most important thing about the club and that's the fans. The Fans have been shouting for long enough about what is needed to drive out club forward. If your not going to listen to the Gaffer they sure us fuck should be listening to us. Time to seriously get a grip now and 2 days till the window shuts I don't hold much hope.

I make a 7hr round journey with the wee guy every weekend and through the week for cup ties. And never felt so pissed about by the board in my life it's becoming a laughing stock now.
Time they remembered the most important thing about the club and that's the fans. The Fans have been shouting for long enough about what is needed to drive out club forward. If your not going to listen to the Gaffer they sure us fuck should be listening to us. Time to seriously get a grip now and 2 days till the window shuts I don't hold much hope.
lawell needs a good boot up the kyber pass he believes his own hype he's too cushy in his office and thinks Dermott won't touch him well if he keeps this pish up much longer with us the fans he will be dragged out and Dermott will have no choice to replace him

They appear NOT to want to move forward on the park. Making a profit seems to make more sense to the board. I agree that getting players that are ready to improve the first eleven is time consuming and expensive. The fees and wages of such players are probably prohibitive. Since those in charge of the purse strings seem content to have us a selling club, we supporters must temper our ambitions.
Unless ,or, until there is a sea change in the distribution of wealth in our sport we remain a big club in a wee league.
HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back