Declining circulations for Daily Record etc, Liverpool Echo’s Victory Parade coverage

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Two examples of anti-Celtic stories in Glasgow based newspapers. Jackson's distasteful article today, which has been criticised widely and last week's story in Evening Times about the mess that The Celtic fans left after our Treble Treble party, compare and contrast this with the Liverpool Echo's coverage of their Champions League victory parade yesterday, and a look at the all important circulation numbers....

https://thecelticstar.com/declining...-etc-liverpool-echos-victory-parade-coverage/

As Celtic supporters, it is only right that we should be more concerned with events occurring at our own club.

As football fans in general, the real story of the summer is the Dave King landgrab and the financial mismanagement of some new club that's only been on the go for 7-years.

In typical Scottish fashion, our intrepid "journalists" overlook the potentially career-defining scoop and focus on non-stories that appeal only to those with a vocabulary of 10 words or less.

Perhaps due to the presence on this island of the 45th President of the United States, our "journalists" are attempting to highlight their skill in affecting "fake news" so that trumpty-dumpty feels at home.

Anyhoo.........if that's the best they have to beat us with, then I won't be losing any sleep over it.

His writing is so limited at the best of times.Now struggling to find anything he jumps onto the abuse band wagon which is shameful.
The guy is truly dispicable as he has little interest in the victims and is motivated by his hatred of Celtics acheivements and tries to undermine the club at every given opportunity.
Scottish Media at its best when Celtic bashing, there was a case a few weeks back concerning the C.O.S. in abuse it merited a small paragraph
These terrible tragedies should be left in the hands of the legal establishments as ongoing enquiries,not a numpty pretending
to be a sports writer????.

Last edited:
Adam tomkins tory Msp sevco supporter felt he had to bring up the subject of child abuse at the boys club because 4 constituents have complained regarding the matter.

James dornan snp Msp felt he had to write to Peter Lawwell and discuss the matter with media outlets because he feels it's tarnishing the good name of Celtic and something has to be said.

Let's get the police in and do a full investigation on ALL clubs,but wait would it not be in there best interests for a full and proper investigation when they've been absolutely missing in action of past incidents on previous occasions elsewhere.

Solicitor Patrick Mcguire representing 20 alleged victims said it's been unaware of celtic's internal probe.We certainly not heard about this and would be good to know of the motivation for revealing this now.There's been no attempt for dialogue from Celtic.It's an insult to survivors and seems to be a way of working out a legal strategy as apposed to carrying out any investigation. There have been plenty of investigations already including from the police and the Crown that have led to convictions.What is more pressing is for Celtic to set up a compensation scheme for the victims.The time for action is now.

To All television companies and media outlets,newspapers social media Msp's and all tittle tattle they do not have completely the best interests of ALL VICTIMS of sexual abuse,not just in football but in life.
The 2 Msp's mention foodbanks to them or hospital waiting times and Universal Credit and sanctions you won't hear a peep out of them.The police are just as bad as the politicians except they don't get paid as much as them and the solicitor if he did it for nothing then fair enough but there's thing's called discression and meetings and phone calls where privacy is key.

They don't have the victims best interests at heart and will only use them for their own purpose or needs,because in a year's time they'll forget them and move on to another number and the bandwagon,they don't care what the victims have to go through minute by minute and day to day and the nightmares and suffering and torture they go through in every detail second by second and every waking hour you see and all of the past that haunts you forevermore.

I feel every victim doesn't just want compensation but acceptance of the club and and everything what has gone on,then the club speak to each individual and sincerely apologise for all that has happened and for the club to ask for forgiveness for every person that has been abused at the boys club and this can be a start of proper healing and a chance for the victims to move on with there troubled lives the best they can,And hope it's a starting point for everyone to move on,but never to be forgotten and that the club will Alway's be there for help advice assurances that won't be ever repeated again.

This is a very emotive subject for me because I've suffered at the hands of other people too,I'll never get over it and I'll never understand how and why it happened and honestly money is the last thing I want,i just want to try and live a normal life as much as I can in the best way I can and not let the evil people get to dictate my awful life that I'm in control not them.

On a final note there is plenty of clubs shitting themselves up and down this country who's ex employees or scouts that represented clubs,because there's so many people in doctors practice's psychologists psychiatrist's and people with addictions that can't deal with the shame the hurt and how dirty they feel of evil people that carryout awful abuse.
So to all victims of abuse try and overcome those awful feelings you have Your not alone you have a voice you can and will be heard please make the next step as hard as it maybe it can help you have a better meaningful life and it's just a phone call or email away
And to the people that can't manage I wish you an everlasting peace and love Forevermore.

Back