Deeply worrying video of NFL doing the rounds on SM

NEIL LENNON is at the centre of a police probe over claims he was involved in an alleged cross-border Covid-breach.

Cops are investigating after a video clip emerged online that appeared to show the former Celtic boss at a hotel in England - a day after outdoor boozers opened down south.

Lennon, 49, who lives in Glasgow, was filmed with pal Duncan Smillie, 50, owner of Glasgow Rocks basketball team and a board member of Partick Thistle.

The mobile phone footage is understood to have been filmed at the Halston Hotel in Carlisle, Cumbria, on Tuesday night.

A spokesman for Cumbria Police said: “The matter is being investigated to ascertain whether any breach of Coronavirus regulations has taken place.

FFS that is the last thing he needs right now :(
A slap on the wrist and a fine ...the mans had death threats and bullets in the post ..nothing to see here 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, not been on for a long time but feel compelled to comment on these vids circulating. Firstly i want to say whoever took these is a complete scumbag and a very large slice of karma is hopefully awaiting for him in the not too distant future.
Someone sent me these on WhatsApp I didnt even recognise NL when I first watched it. Hes clearly struggling at the moment and I fear this is not an isolated incident, believe me I know how he feels. He will watch it the next day and cringe. Then reach for another drink. One of the biggest problems here is now that this has circulated every time he's out in public there be another candid camera wannabe whipping out their phone hoping he makes an arse of himself again. Its what comes with fame unfortunately.
Having said that I can now see that this may have affected the team this year. Some of NLs decisions and his blatant refusal to see what the rest of us could and his pressers particularly toward the end left me baffled.
Oh and for those who think PL and the board used him as some kind of human shield to deflect attention, I think the exact opposite was the case. I am now of a mind to think they gave him every opportunity to turn things around, and you cant tell me they didnt know the rumours of his drinking.
Just my tuppence worth. Hail Hail. 3-1 to the good guys tomorrow.

Hi guys, not been on for a long time but feel compelled to comment on these vids circulating. Firstly i want to say whoever took these is a complete scumbag and a very large slice of karma is hopefully awaiting for him in the not too distant future.
Someone sent me these on WhatsApp I didnt even recognise NL when I first watched it. Hes clearly struggling at the moment and I fear this is not an isolated incident, believe me I know how he feels. He will watch it the next day and cringe. Then reach for another drink. One of the biggest problems here is now that this has circulated every time he's out in public there be another candid camera wannabe whipping out their phone hoping he makes an arse of himself again. Its what comes with fame unfortunately.
Having said that I can now see that this may have affected the team this year. Some of NLs decisions and his blatant refusal to see what the rest of us could and his pressers particularly toward the end left me baffled.
Oh and for those who think PL and the board used him as some kind of human shield to deflect attention, I think the exact opposite was the case. I am now of a mind to think they gave him every opportunity to turn things around, and you cant tell me they didnt know the rumours of his drinking.
Hi Brim good to have you back hope it’s right the score line except furra yin 3-0 sooonds better
HH Brimcbhoy

HH 🍀

and again more assumptions when the reality is you know nothing about whats going on with Lenny
As for the board.....the man should never have been appointed manager in the first place so the biggest part of the blame lies with them in my opinion....penny pinching arrogant cunts who as the Green Brigade said fell asleep at the wheel.

and again more assumptions when the reality is you know nothing about whats going on with Lenny
As for the board.....the man should never have been appointed manager in the first place so the biggest part of the blame lies with them in my opinion....penny pinching arrogant cunts who as the Green Brigade said fell asleep at the wheel.
Ooh 😮 nobody knows nuffin Tony we’re all guessing but the board abandoned their Duty’s. Let’s hope NFL gets the help he needs.

HH 🙏

Ooh 😮 nobody knows nuffin Tony we’re all guessing but the board abandoned their Duty’s. Let’s hope NFL gets the help he needs.

HH 🙏
Too many making comments about drink problems and mental health issues because the guy was filmed pished 😂just ma opinion mate but i think its bollocks ...reading about his "irratic behaviour"while he was manager...dont get that either,all i seen was a guy put in there that never got the right team around him and maybe the job was too big for him,all goes back to the board for doing what they always do ...go backwards

You could see it like that, or you could see it like NL stepped up to the plate when BR done one at a crucial stage of the season. He delivered the title and the treble so his reward was an offer of the permanent Manager, which he jumped at. Wouldn't any fan? The next season, albeit covid affected another treble was achieved. Now to this season, warning signs were noticeable early on especially in Europe. Something wasn't right. The players were shadows of their former selves playing like a bunch of strangers. The huns were remarkably strolling through games having neither a penalty or a red card against, the fix was in. Then there was the Dubai debacle and the isolation of half the team and management.
To me that was the time for the board or PL to step in and say whoa, Neil a change is needed. Gardening leave or mutual consent, up to you, but that was the moment, then again, hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Too many making comments about drink problems and mental health issues because the guy was filmed pished 😂just ma opinion mate but i think its bollocks ...reading about his "irratic behaviour"while he was manager...dont get that either,all i seen was a guy put in there that never got the right team around him and maybe the job was too big for him,all goes back to the board for doing what they always do ...go backwards
Don't you think TS it would go a long way to explaining how such an all winning team goes from that to playing like chumps for the best part of the season?
Like I've said before it's not a time to look back but forward and if Lenny has got issues that need to be addressed then let's just hope he gets the help required.

Don't you think TS it would go a long way to explaining how such an all winning team goes from that to playing like chumps for the best part of the season?
Like I've said before it's not a time to look back but forward and if Lenny has got issues that need to be addressed then let's just hope he gets the help required.
It was the wrong appointment mate,the board fucked up and the majority of fans didnt want the guy ,that is a fact.What went on between him and the players or his drinking habits is all a guessing game and everyones entitled to their opinions .If the guy does have issues then i hope he gets them sorted ,end of the day he ll always be a supporter of the club and i ll always back the guy.

Agree Tony but he was erratic in his news conference’s. Aggressive even, at the end he defended the indefensible the way the Team played but let’s hope it was just a blowout and not the other thing I’ve said i won’t be watching the video and I won’t be.
Hope NFL’s ok he is and always will be a Legend for me.

HH 👏

Just a video of a guy out with some mates who has had a couple of drams too many. Big deal, means nothing.
The guy who made the video, and presumably is the one shouting abuse at the end, is clearly a twat.

agree 100% with your take on people watching and making the wrong assumptions
they may be correct but its a big if, they're likely wrong. Assumptions eh ?
If applying same theory, i am pretty sure that if you filmed everyone pubbing it in england tonight, you'd have around 3-4 million mentally fucked people if applying the same rules.

however,
'the man should never have been appointed manager in the first place so the biggest part of the blame lies with them in my opinion'

If you are pulling people on assumptions, rightly above, then you really shouldn't be making the same mistake. One thing which that statement does and is often repeated by others is make assumptions.

NFL came in almost overnight, took the reins and took the team to Tynecastle after the snake left with a 6 point lead. I remember shitting myself that the season would unravel at that time.
It didn't. We under Lennon cleaned house that season. It was the right appointment then as it did the job required.

NFL got the job, won the treble the following season despite a hell of a scare from the huns. It was the right appointment that season too, the trophies confirm that as fact.
This season it went tits up and you are correct, wrong man for the job this season.

But like a lot of people who say that he should never have got the job, people assume that anyone could have came in, cleaned up the snakes mess and won the treble for the next two seasons and we'd all have lived happily ever after.

The ignorance within that to me and maybe it is just me, is staggering.
Considering what we've witnessed this year and how the team have downed tools this season, who is to say that it may not have happened that first or last season under a different guy.

It was always dangerous to assume we'd win the ten and that danger has become a reality.

Season 1 his targets were finish off what the snake started - achieved
Season 2 - if we'd been offered another treble, hand bitten off

So i guess i've went the long way round to say that no Celtic fan can argue with the results above. Assuming ANYBODY else could have came in and done the same is an easy assumption to make and to me frankly absurd.

No Celtic manager in history has won 5 trophies in a row and been spoken of in the same context as NFL and i just don't get it. I struggle to understand the apathy there was towards him till this season and even then i still i don't buy the theory he is the real pantomine villain in this all.

If Eddie Howe walks through the doors and delivers 2 league titles in his first two seasons he'll be revered and rightly so, its the no 1 priority every season.

But when NFL did it and more, 'the wrong appointment and the wrong man'

lets hope the board are as as successful in appointing the wrong man again, hopefully they learn from their mistakes and sack the next guy when he hits 5 trophies in a row

Members online

No members online now.

Back