Delaney Reviver For Celtic, Sat 10/11/1938 Celtic 6 Rangers 2

Richybhoy

Here are two articles from The Sunday Mail 11/11/1938, written by a fan of each team,

WHAT I THOUGHT OF MY TEAM, BY A CELTIC SUPPORTER- B F GLEN, 903 GOVAN ROAD, GLASGOW
So the Bhoys have done it again! Great stuff this Celtic!
Three successive victories over their biggest rivals is a mighty proud record.
To find words to praise my team would be like trying to paint-shall we say the Shamrock.
Poor old Gerry Dawson he must have been mesmerised. Our forwards were here, there, everywhere, dancing their way to success. They did the Lambeth Walk, while Rangers tune was the blues.
We won in a gallop; no one could say any different. Patterson was a dandy, I have never seen him play any better. Calumn McDonald was also brilliant and capped a good afternoons display by getting a hat-trick. Wasn't his third goal a beauty?
We mustn't forget Delaney, he was in tip top form, and as elusive as the scarlet pimpernel.
Bobby Hogg played hard enough but just didn't strike it. On the day Morrison was the better back. Willie Lyon was his usual reliable self, and Joe Kennaway couldn't have been better. What a goalkeeper!
We certainly outplayed them in the first half and deserved the three goal lead at the interval. They played as a team and that was the secret of their success!
Celts weren't so good in the first quarter of an hour in the second half, during which time they lost two goals; but after that they pulled up their socks and showed them what for.
It was a well spent Bob. Attaboy Celtic

Will type up the Huns version next, then match report
Rich HH

Last edited:
Back