Dembele

Should we try to bring him back to paradise.

• Yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
It’s a no brainer the Hunskelper back at paradise why not
But doubt Ange would go for it is he his type of player.
He’s a fan’s favourite but not sure he’d fit with the current set up
But what a message that would send across the city 👏

HH 🍀

I wouldn't be against a Dembele return were it something that I believed we were pursuing.
I dont think we are , and if we are , heard nothing.

I also think that there's more to this move than meets the eye.

Yes , £5 million for a player of his calibre is a low ball figure but his wages have to be taken into account as well.
I'm pretty sure that he will be on significantly more than around £20-£25kpw in Turkey.

A player who costs just shy of £20 million must be on somewhere near the £50kpwk mark , probably more.

On top of that I'd hazard a guess that there are clubs in England who are interested in his signature , knowing fine well what a motivated Dembele can do.

I'm thinking that he doesnt want to be playing for Crystal Palace or another mid-table to relegation zone club .

He wants trophies and a decent wage I'd guestimate .
Galatasaray is it?
If it is , or Besiktas etc , one of the top clubs , then that's got to be a more appealing move than some struggling EPL , La Liga side who can offer the same or more in cash pwk but they cannot offer titles, European football and the stage he craves for since leaving Celtic.
Hes still hungry, this type of move is a bold one , confident in his abilities to deliver and I'm sure he will.

This kind of move would represent a chance to kick start his career again , at a club similar in size to that of Lyon average attendance wise but perhaps with more passionate supporters and most importantly challenging for title and a European/champions league place on offer, almost guaranteed as I think Turkey might still have 1 automatic entry place and 1 qualifying spot same as us .

He will have seen Eddys drop off into mediocrity at palace whilst raking in the cash hand over fist for warming the bench.

Not the scene for Dembele.
One of Turkeys bigger clubs, a fanatical support base that's more in line with Celtic's than Lyons, still getting good money, given choice of destination in return for one of their higher earners freeing up wages budget.

The move makes sense to me, it would require at least a 50% wage cut to return to CP, hes still a young player and he wants to be winning trophies as a big clubs main striker again.

Wish him all the best, never believed that Lyon was the correct destination for him in the first place.

Last edited:
I don't think Dembele really fits the bill of "won't be as good as the 1st time"
I get it with managers. Usually when a manager leaves, its not always on great terms, either sacked or looking for new challenges elsewhere. When or if they return back to a team, it's usually because new football tactics, that they haven't kept up with, or new football fitness regimes have come I to play, that they aren't used to, so they go back to where the are comfortable....and they fail to implement their old style on new players.
And in players cases, they usually return when they are in the last years of their careers and nowhere near their best.
Dembele is completely different. He's still in his prime, he's gone to a better league and played against better players than he came up against in Scotland. He would return to Scotland a far better player, in his prime, with his best years ahead of him.
I think, if we had the opportunity, it's a no brainer. He us somewhere in between the strikers we have already and may just be the missing link.
He is a powerful, strong player like GG and he is willing to run the lines and take on and beat players like Kyogo. He would be a great addition IMO. 😀

I don't think Dembele really fits the bill of "won't be as good as the 1st time"
I get it with managers. Usually when a manager leaves, its not always on great terms, either sacked or looking for new challenges elsewhere. When or if they return back to a team, it's usually because new football tactics, that they haven't kept up with, or new football fitness regimes have come I to play, that they aren't used to, so they go back to where the are comfortable....and they fail to implement their old style on new players.
And in players cases, they usually return when they are in the last years of their careers and nowhere near their best.
Dembele is completely different. He's still in his prime, he's gone to a better league and played against better players than he came up against in Scotland. He would return to Scotland a far better player, in his prime, with his best years ahead of him.
I think, if we had the opportunity, it's a no brainer. He us somewhere in between the strikers we have already and may just be the missing link.
He is a powerful, strong player like GG and he is willing to run the lines and take on and beat players like Kyogo. He would be a great addition IMO. 😀
Sorry Lubo, I can't see it happening. Wheres his incentive? When he came to us we stole him off Crystal Palace for 500k, no doubt pocketing a wedge himself for signing. We had Rodgers in charge also it was a good deal for all, except Palace.
We raised his profile and he got a lucrative move to his homeland. Not that long ago he was linked to Man Utd, an Spurs I think. He can still get a move to clubs who are able to pay a far higher wage than we can. I just dont see what would be his motivation to move back to Scotland would be.
We are a club players use as a stepping stone to richer pastures, or as you say, when they have filled their boots elsewhere an are on the wain. I don't think Dembele is at that stage just yet.

Sorry Lubo, I can't see it happening. Wheres his incentive? When he came to us we stole him off Crystal Palace for 500k, no doubt pocketing a wedge himself for signing. We had Rodgers in charge also it was a good deal for all, except Palace.
We raised his profile and he got a lucrative move to his homeland. Not that long ago he was linked to Man Utd, an Spurs I think. He can still get a move to clubs who are able to pay a far higher wage than we can. I just dont see what would be his motivation to move back to Scotland would be.
We are a club players use as a stepping stone to richer pastures, or as you say, when they have filled their boots elsewhere an are on the wain. I don't think Dembele is at that stage just yet.

Maybe his love for the club and fans will bring him back 😁😁
We can all live in hope!!!

I wouldn't be against a Dembele return were it something that I believed we were pursuing.
I dont think we are , and if we are , heard nothing.

I also think that there's more to this move than meets the eye.

Yes , £5 million for a player of his calibre is a low ball figure but his wages have to be taken into account as well.
I'm pretty sure that he will be on significantly more than around £20-£25kpw in Turkey.

A player who costs just shy of £20 million must be on somewhere near the £50kpwk mark , probably more.

On top of that I'd hazard a guess that there are clubs in England who are interested in his signature , knowing fine well what a motivated Dembele can do.

I'm thinking that he doesnt want to be playing for Crystal Palace or another mid-table to relegation zone club .

He wants trophies and a decent wage I'd guestimate .
Galatasaray is it?
If it is , or Besiktas etc , one of the top clubs , then that's got to be a more appealing move than some struggling EPL , La Liga side who can offer the same or more in cash pwk but they cannot offer titles, European football and the stage he craves for since leaving Celtic.
Hes still hungry, this type of move is a bold one , confident in his abilities to deliver and I'm sure he will.

This kind of move would represent a chance to kick start his career again , at a club similar in size to that of Lyon average attendance wise but perhaps with more passionate supporters and most importantly challenging for title and a European/champions league place on offer, almost guaranteed as I think Turkey might still have 1 automatic entry place and 1 qualifying spot same as us .

He will have seen Eddys drop off into mediocrity at palace whilst raking in the cash hand over fist for warming the bench.

Not the scene for Dembele.
One of Turkeys bigger clubs, a fanatical support base that's more in line with Celtic's than Lyons, still getting good money, given choice of destination in return for one of their higher earners freeing up wages budget.

The move makes sense to me, it would require at least a 50% wage cut to return to CP, hes still a young player and he wants to be winning trophies as a big clubs main striker again.

Wish him all the best, never believed that Lyon was the correct destination for him in the first place.
Agree Winter except for the Crystal Palace bit as oor Eddy’s there I always wanted to see the 2 of them together for a full Season the damage the pair of them would’ve caused WOW. and that’s just from the winner at Ipox in the 2-3 game.
We’d have battered most of the Teams in Scotia that season.
But still feel Moussa ain’t Parkhead bound
Sadly

HH 👏🍀

Signed him fae Fulham Brim, but yea I think he will be Qatar bound for Dembele bucks in the back pocket. Once a mercenary always a mercenary.

Thks for the memories and awe that, enjoy the sunshine and sand. 👍

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back