Disappointment? Anger? Acceptance? Or even worse...Indifference?

Frank Owen

First off, let me say it's good to see The Noise getting back to something like the terrific Celtic forum it has ( mostly ) always been.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to take a wee break from my self-imposed sabbatical from social media to share my thoughts with you good folk. You see, I'm finding my reaction to our latest calamity in the Spanish capital quite strange. Why? Well, if I'm being honest, I feel only a kind of acceptance of the fact that our powerbroker's are happy to be top dogs in a very poor league; if we finish above our city neighbours, then, for them, that's success.

My thought process really is confusing me, while I am of course disappointed, I also have to say I'm just shrugging my shoulders in a kind of, 'that's just how it is' fashion. I really hope it's only a temporary blip, but indifference is the only way I can describe my feelings as things stand.

Lack of ambition is terminal.

Good to have you back Frank. It's a pity that you're developing such apathy but I guess you're not the only one and it can't be so surprising, given our board's predilection towards low ambition i.e. just stay ahead of the zombies.

That said as another noiser pointed out, 2 wins in the next two CL games might give is european footy after new year. Although you might just be better getting out for a walk if you want to clear the head rather than believe that 🍀:LOL: 💚

First off, let me say it's good to see The Noise getting back to something like the terrific Celtic forum it has ( mostly ) always been.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to take a wee break from my self-imposed sabbatical from social media to share my thoughts with you good folk. You see, I'm finding my reaction to our latest calamity in the Spanish capital quite strange. Why? Well, if I'm being honest, I feel only a kind of acceptance of the fact that our powerbroker's are happy to be top dogs in a very poor league; if we finish above our city neighbours, then, for them, that's success.

My thought process really is confusing me, while I am of course disappointed, I also have to say I'm just shrugging my shoulders in a kind of, 'that's just how it is' fashion. I really hope it's only a temporary blip, but indifference is the only way I can describe my feelings as things stand.

Have to agree Frank...after the shambles of a tranfer window, where all the hope of building a team to compete, came crashing down around us, and that realisation that it was back to the same old same old, my main ambition for Celtic was that we they didn't take the title of the worst team in Champions League history. We achieved that with a draw against AM.
For this reason, the result didn't hurt me as much as it probably should have...which is quite sad when you think about it.
My anger towards how the club is run grows by the day though....but that's a different story.

Frank yir back? But as usual agree we’re ahead of them and for our staunch left wing board of communists that’ll do nicely
Soz Tory Barsteward’s. Profits of the bonus type are now the only currency they care about.

HH😔

Last edited:
Greed Greed Greed🤬🤬🤬 It's what our board are infamous for. Didn't we get rid of the Kelly's and Whites for the same thing lack of ambition for our club. Celtic fans have got rid of one board I can see them removing another soon.

I can't. As long as we are winning the league and getting into the champions league, our board and major shareholders will keep a tight grip on the club. For them, it's like printing money.

Hey Frank - I.hope all is well? Your posts are always welcome on here. I'm like many on here that I feel a strange mix of anger, disappointment and apathy. It is fantastic to enjoy domestic success (but in all honesty I'd prefer a much more competitive league where trophies are shared out amongst several much better performing clubs) but that is clearly the height of our administrator's ambitions.

Yes, we all know that tv income in the largest nations has screwed up the sport. Also, not one fan is suggesting Celtic spend stupid money that we cannot afford - the very lazy argument about nit going the same way as the original Rangers is ridiculous as 95%+ of clubs do not go into administration and much more do not liquidate (there is a huge middle ground).

But to be delighted to post big profits every season (Covid years excepted for obvious reasons) but steadfastly refuse to build on in a constructive business-like manner this is sickening.

This summer, people high up in our organisation were leaking rumours to friendly journalists about us making a concerted effort in our transfer window by buying more experienced players. Of course, this was bollocks but many of us fans (who don't drive tractors at least) thought there may be some substance in these lies.

It has now come back to bite us in the arse big time - yet again. We have the worst away defensive record for goals conceded by clubs who've played 30+ UCL matches. And the lack of improvement was sadly predictable.

We cannot afford to spend relatively low wages (by ridiculous football standards), but the same ones lecturing us with this fact do not hesitate to reward themselves with relatively high wages & bonuses for their positions.

Yes, they make me angry but I've realised that my thoughts and feelings are irrelevant to them and so I am apathetic to it so it doesn't drive me mad.

The disappointment I can never get rid of until we play our next game I can't get it out of my system..... has always been the way for me since I was a boy.

The anger I feel is that I'm forced to accept my team who I love cannot compete at this level anymore for so many reasons including the cash rich monopoly of the debt ridden clubs immoraly enabled by the corrupt Uefa.

And if that doesn't work there's always the ridiculous VAR and european officials to help keep us in our place happy to help those with the unsporting dark arts.

But finally just to add insult to injury my own club custodians are the very ones who compound it all by holding us back and killing any hope with their clear lack of ambition.

What chance have you got ?.....I think I've answered my own question there.

I was beyond disappointed with Wednesday's game; I was embarrassed by it but absolutely not surprised. I said before the game we would probably get leathered and we did. BR has had no success in Europe and has led Celtic to the worst beatings in Europe that I can remember.

We've already started losing ground in the league and that's something none of us fans will accept.

Well said Frank

Take another sabbatical 🤣🤣🤣

Only having a laugh mate

League's definitely the bread and butter. If we are in the CL, there will be the occasional "gubbing" given our league and income! But, I'd take this (at times) if at the very least we got into the europa league by coming, at least, third in the CL!!

Am I right in saying there will be no drop into Europa league in the newly structured champs league next season?? I'm not really sure on the new format...but isn't it just a big league and if you don't finish in a certain position you are fully out of Europe. No third place finish into Europa anymore after this season.

Back