Disappointment? Anger? Acceptance? Or even worse...Indifference?

Am I right in saying there will be no drop into Europa league in the newly structured champs league next season?? I'm not really sure on the new format...but isn't it just a big league and if you don't finish in a certain position you are fully out of Europe. No third place finish into Europa anymore after this season.
Do you think it’s good or bad if that’s the case Lubo?

Good for the board, more money.
Bad for Celtic.
UEFA don't change things for the sake of the whole of football, they do it to benefit the clubs from the bigger leagues. This will be another way for them to make sure more money is pumped into the top 4 leagues.
Aye, I had a read at the link Boab posted, definitely doesn’t read like it is designed for anyone other than top leagues. Only benefit I see is we’ll play 8 different teams I think. Which should hopefully be a bit more interesting

Aye, I had a read at the link Boab posted, definitely doesn’t read like it is designed for anyone other than top leagues. Only benefit I see is we’ll play 8 different teams I think. Which should hopefully be a bit more interesting

We will be in the lowest pot I'd imagine....so likely cannon fodder for the teams we play. Get to witness a few proper pumpings I suspect!!!

First off, let me say it's good to see The Noise getting back to something like the terrific Celtic forum it has ( mostly ) always been.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to take a wee break from my self-imposed sabbatical from social media to share my thoughts with you good folk. You see, I'm finding my reaction to our latest calamity in the Spanish capital quite strange. Why? Well, if I'm being honest, I feel only a kind of acceptance of the fact that our powerbroker's are happy to be top dogs in a very poor league; if we finish above our city neighbours, then, for them, that's success.

My thought process really is confusing me, while I am of course disappointed, I also have to say I'm just shrugging my shoulders in a kind of, 'that's just how it is' fashion. I really hope it's only a temporary blip, but indifference is the only way I can describe my feelings as things stand.

Lack of ambition is terminal.
It would appear, to me at least, that it is fear that is stifling ambition. The board are sitting on huge pile of cash. It makes them look good, from a business point of view at least.
They don't want this to change. The club has a wage structure that it does not want to alter. The status quo reigns supreme. Being the top dog in our own backyard appears to be good enough for them. Fear of expanding our horizons is stalling progress.
If you stand still you go BACKWARDS. Fergus brought Celtic into the modern world. The current board seem to think we have gone far enough. Shame on them. Where are our forward thinkers??

I was beyond disappointed with Wednesday's game; I was embarrassed by it but absolutely not surprised. I said before the game we would probably get leathered and we did. BR has had no success in Europe and has led Celtic to the worst beatings in Europe that I can remember.

We've already started losing ground in the league and that's something none of us fans will accept.
Sssshhh you're not allowed to mention the mini messiah in a bad light on here. Sure he's great altogether and the oiling in Europe had fuck all to do with him.....

It would appear, to me at least, that it is fear that is stifling ambition. The board are sitting on huge pile of cash. It makes them look good, from a business point of view at least.
They don't want this to change. The club has a wage structure that it does not want to alter. The status quo reigns supreme. Being the top dog in our own backyard appears to be good enough for them. Fear of expanding our horizons is stalling progress.
If you stand still you go BACKWARDS. Fergus brought Celtic into the modern world. The current board seem to think we have gone far enough. Shame on them. Where are our forward thinkers??
Seems as though our forward thinkers are in the North Curve Section. 🤔

Wolves v Spurs, Wolves striker 4 goals in total at a cost of 44 million, This guy will not see any medals in any major trophies CL EC FA Cup ot Title.
But his bank balance will be his Joy Boab
He will strive to have the best checking and debit account possible.
Like most of the EPL Spanish and others in the top leagues.
They all mistook the managers when they’re teltit to work on their balance

HH 😉

First off, let me say it's good to see The Noise getting back to something like the terrific Celtic forum it has ( mostly ) always been.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to take a wee break from my self-imposed sabbatical from social media to share my thoughts with you good folk. You see, I'm finding my reaction to our latest calamity in the Spanish capital quite strange. Why? Well, if I'm being honest, I feel only a kind of acceptance of the fact that our powerbroker's are happy to be top dogs in a very poor league; if we finish above our city neighbours, then, for them, that's success.

My thought process really is confusing me, while I am of course disappointed, I also have to say I'm just shrugging my shoulders in a kind of, 'that's just how it is' fashion. I really hope it's only a temporary blip, but indifference is the only way I can describe my feelings as things stand.

Lack of ambition is terminal.
As I’ve said before and in other posts, this Celtic board set the tone for the whole club.
They do what they want, tell the supporters fuck all and we simply have to take as it is.
The emotions you describe are all inflicted by default. We are financially sound but continue to take 2 steps back after we’ve taken one forward.
Our once great club has been reduced to SPL success and CL entry is simply another earner for them.
We regressed in the summer through our signing policy. If we had improved but any margin that may have been the difference between 6 home points v Lazio/Atleticob and the solitary point we have. Both games we were right in it but the lack of quality in our subs was telling both times. With the will, we can be a force at CP against most teams.
But we don’t have the will in our directors box.

Back