Disco lights and sleepless nights

Bellshill bhoy

I just would like to say, how much the £1million disco lights added to the occasion last night, how the Huns laughed when we had then fitted.
Just before kick off, when then team went into the huddle, the stadium went dark, a solitary green light bathed to team, the 60k Celtic fans belting our “you’ll never walk alone”…..the hairs on the back of my neck stood up….and I was at home sitting on the couch.
For me the game was won right there, the Huns were dazzled, literally shat themselves, never recovered till they were 3-0 down….

is the the 1st time we’ve played them under the disco lights?

I just would like to say, how much the £1million disco lights added to the occasion last night, how the Huns laughed when we had then fitted.
Just before kick off, when then team went into the huddle, the stadium went dark, a solitary green light bathed to team, the 60k Celtic fans belting our “you’ll never walk alone”…..the hairs on the back of my neck stood up….and I was at home sitting on the couch.
For me the game was won right there, the Huns were dazzled, literally shat themselves, never recovered till they were 3-0 down….

The thing is BB, we were going to have to spend a fortune upgrading our outdated lighting system anyway but we decided to spend a bit more to install a state-of-the-art light system which would do us for the next couple of decades. Not only was it a prudent long-term investment, but it also provides an amazing atmosphere.

I think it was Sutton on one of his snidey days that slagged them off as disco lights instead of praising them for the incredible atmosphere (I know you didn't need gimmick like this to create a special atmosphere back in the old days of the Jungle, but time has moved on and you can't carry in a case of bottled beer into games either these days).

Based on the £ms wasted at the same time on you foreign project players, I personally think that this was one of Lawwell's better financial decisions.

Any European team worth their salt will all have these eventually, it’s the way forward.
We’re ahead of the game, we want to be one of the big boys when the time comes for big changes, and this sort of thing makes our stadium a place the best want to play, a place Uefa will view as a must have for atmosphere and crowds, a spectacle on big nights.

I can,t get to many games now but have to admit the evening games I attend are given a great atmosphere by using the light.I was a bit sceptical at first when they tried to match the lights to music then they started to get it right.I could not make it last night and a cousin went in my place.I,ll tell you what at the start when the huddle was lit up in green I have never been more proud.You could see the stunned looks on the mockits faces,something to tell the wee mockits about.Aye I think it was well worth it.Isn,t it great to be a Celtic man.HH guys☘️☘️☘️

Totally agree BB, thought at 1st it was another ridiculous gimmick and far to old school to buy into the idea at all.
But that image just before kick off, added with the noise from the supporters, made it possibly the greatest sight I've ever witnessed in world football.
Heart just wanted to jump out of my chest with pride and even more so when the players responded to the whole occasion also.
With an added extra audience last night, everyone within the club really did put on some show, that many throughout the world will be talking about today

Don't ever let they smelly, trampy bastards back in paradise! The no away allocation has blew right up in there face! The filth absolutely shat it last night with 60,000 Tim's roaring on the hoops. Long may it continue. HH
Agreed also GS, the bastards only started this nonsense as they couldn't handle the way we could still make more noise within there shithole so reducing us to next to nothing.
Our response was truly amazing last night in showing we don't need the bastards in any shape or form to make the Derby a special occasion now.
Can also see SKY wanting to cover many more games under the lights from now on also.

Don't ever let they smelly, trampy bastards back in paradise! The no away allocation has blew right up in there face! The filth absolutely shat it last night with 60,000 Tim's roaring on the hoops. Long may it continue. HH
Hopefully our board and most fans will wake up to the idea we don't need the filth in our stadium we create an atmosphere 2nd to none while there's is a racist bigot fest

Agreed fuck them last nite was amazing it been talked about world wide we don't want them spoiling a great atmosphere like that

Latest posts

Back