Do we have the answer already ??

Weedocbhoy60

During the window, one of the positions that was reported to need strengthening was left back. Several names were mentioned but nothing materialised.
I wonder if we already have an answer ? My solution would be to utilise Liam Scales at left back, since,when all our centre-backs are fit, he is unlikely to be first choice. He would add a bit of height and physicality.
Your thoughts Bhoys and Ghirls...........

During the window, one of the positions that was reported to need strengthening was left back. Several names were mentioned but nothing materialised.
I wonder if we already have an answer ? My solution would be to utilise Liam Scales at left back, since,when all our centre-backs are fit, he is unlikely to be first choice. He would add a bit of height and physicality.
We'd need to wait until it actually happens to answer whether it's a solution or not.
Maybe more a case of needs must.
But, yes, could be a good shout.

Went from the league of Ireland straight up to Aberdeen said it before he needs a season under Celtic and developed under Celtic , give him a season and i think well see the best of him
He's no Maldini ,,,,,but we weren't expecting any of them to be that

Went from the league of Ireland straight up to Aberdeen said it before he needs a season under Celtic and developed under Celtic , give him a season and i think well see the best of him
He's no Maldini ,,,,,but we weren't expecting any of them to be that
Maldini happy they dinny become Houdini
But good shout a year learning with the Celtic first Team.

HH 🍀

Absolutely - he is not a left back that can bomb up and down the wing all match, but would be good if we are under pressure and having to defend against a fast attacking big club in Europe. Or where we need a bigger physical presence in defence. He shows a lot of heart and fight, and offers us a goal threat too.

Can he take a bloody throw in????

Get him in then..
That's something that does my head in, we seemed to have rid ourselves under Ange of having a player ( often Ralston and not his fault) standing waiting for someone to show and recieve the ball. The number of times Ralston has been forced into a hopeful throw that we lose possession from is ridiculous.
Those high looping throw ins , they're just asking to be challenged and becomes a 50/50 from our possession when we should have at least 3 options showing, making runs but instead we have Ralston or another waiting, waiting for someone to show for the ball and the crowd gets impatient, it's schoolboy football and unacceptable.
I hope not to see this again this hopeful throw , the best sides very rarely lose possession from a throw in, players recieve the ball , not from above but to feet or chest with the minimum of space and still recieve and control the ball.
Unacceptable to see something I was taught in school football not to do take place at this level.

On scales , he's shown he can defend but we require more than that from our defenders. Attack starts from defence and that seems to be Scales ' problem, the link in build up, certainly v St Johnstone at least.
He's never had a run at Celtic so it's tough to judge.
For now he deserves to start against Dundee but I do think he will be relegated down the order when our absentees return.
Grateful for having him especially in that game but I don't think he will keep the jersey unfortunately he's a good squad player but not sure he'll get the minutes he wants at Celtic, Rodgers more or less said it himself before he was left without a choice.

Last edited:
Dont think Scales is a LB. I know he gets used there but for me. he is a CB.

That's something that does my head in, we seemed to have rid ourselves under Ange of having a player ( often Ralston and not his fault) standing waiting for someone to show and recieve the ball. The number of times Ralston has been forced into a hopeful throw that we lose possession from is ridiculous.
Those high looping throw ins , they're just asking to be challenged and becomes a 50/50 from our possession when we should have at least 3 options showing, making runs but instead we have Ralston or another waiting, waiting for someone to show for the ball and the crowd gets impatient, it's schoolboy football and unacceptable.
I hope not to see this again this hopeful throw , the best sides very rarely lose possession from a throw in, players recieve the ball , not from above but to feet or chest with the minimum of space and still recieve and control the ball.
Unacceptable to see something I was taught in school football not to do take place at this level.

On scales , he's shown he can defend but we require more than that from our defenders. Attack starts from defence and that seems to be Scales ' problem, the link in build up, certainly v St Johnstone at least.
He's never had a run at Celtic so it's tough to judge.
For now he deserves to start against Dundee but I do think he will be relegated down the order when our absentees return.
Grateful for having him especially in that game but I don't think he will keep the jersey unfortunately he's a good squad player but not sure he'll get the minutes he wants at Celtic, Rodgers more or less said it himself before he was left without a choice.
Our throw ins are mince.
HH

Back