Do we have the answer already ??

During the window, one of the positions that was reported to need strengthening was left back. Several names were mentioned but nothing materialised.
I wonder if we already have an answer ? My solution would be to utilise Liam Scales at left back, since,when all our centre-backs are fit, he is unlikely to be first choice. He would add a bit of height and physicality.
Your thoughts Bhoys and Ghirls...........
That was a great point ! Look how good he’s doing

I don't think its a coincidence that since he started against St Johnstone that we have notched up 4 straight clean sheets. When he was playing at Aberdeen they had a great run of clean sheets as well.
In my opinion he is a perfect left sided centre back of a three man defence and once all the injuries are sorted out he would be able to provide that as an option particularly in Europe Where we need to be a bit less gung ho.

😂
Do you not agree then??
He has something about him...handled the livi gigantaurs with ease and also strolled through Mordor like a Swedish Frodo Baggins...pler
I'm hoping your right, but especially at mordor he was out jumped and mistimed a few in the air.. Nerves hopefully, and I wasn't overly impressed with his passing in Holland. But far to early to judge him either way. Atm if all our Cb's are fit he would be a squad player. But fingers crossed 🤞 for the future for him.

Mind the greek celtbhoy was always tellin us that Jack Hendry would be a 50 million player wan day...Well thats him in the Scotland team and playin in saudi;)
He was decent player playing in a weak setup without good plan with us and he was whipping boy. Quite a few of our less than fancied Centre halfs went to other clubs and had good careers at high levels.

Nit sure he was ever gonna be 50 million player but in this inflated market its possible?

I mind Callum getting ripped to bits and also Broony on various football forums like this before they fulfilled their potential
It happens too often - I too remember CalMac, Broony, Hartson, Petrov, Paul Elliot, Jackie McNamara, etc, were ripped to shittypaper at first, because "the shirt doesn't shrink". And James Forrest still is by some to this day on social media. Last week Taylor was back to being shite again even though he is learning a different system again!

So many of our fans always seem to want to have a fall guy that they moan about.

I wonder who got the treatment back in the late 60s? I suspect cleancut Jim Craig might have been the recipient of undeserved flack, even though he was a magnificent player (only because the other Lions looked like they could handle themselves and climb into the crowd to chin you).

It is something that I struggle to understand. I think on the whole, most posters on here are fair to most players.

It happens too often - I too remember CalMac, Broony, Hartson, Petrov, Paul Elliot, Jackie McNamara, etc, were ripped to shittypaper at first, because "the shirt doesn't shrink". And James Forrest still is by some to this day on social media. Last week Taylor was back to being shite again even though he is learning a different system again!

So many of our fans always seem to want to have a fall guy that they moan about.

I wonder who got the treatment back in the late 60s? I suspect cleancut Jim Craig might have been the recipient of undeserved flack, even though he was a magnificent player (only because the other Lions looked like they could handle themselves and climb into the crowd to chin you).

It is something that I struggle to understand. I think on the whole, most posters on here are fair to most players.
Jim craigs sons were the strongest fastest boys at my school. And despite being really good guys could knock you out with one punch if you tried your luck. I suspect Jim craig must have been similar strength considering he played in one of the best teams that ever played football.

He might look quiet but I suspect he too could KO anybody who tried his goat.

Jim craigs sons were the strongest fastest boys at my school. And despite being really good guys could knock you out with one punch if you tried your luck. I suspect Jim craig must have been similar strength considering he played in one of the best teams that ever played football.

He might look quiet but I suspect he too could KO anybody who tried his goat.
And then he could fix your smile again after knocking your teeth out! I think anyone who played in that era was hard as nails. But I also suspect there were 1 or 2 from the Lions era that the pub experts complained about. Usually the goalie was a good bet!

He was decent player playing in a weak setup without good plan with us and he was whipping boy. Quite a few of our less than fancied Centre halfs went to other clubs and had good careers at high levels.

Nit sure he was ever gonna be 50 million player but in this inflated market its possible?
Hendry had a good 6 months when playing for Melbourne City in Oz.
They went on to win the premiership,
He would of got winners medal for his contribution.

Mind the greek celtbhoy was always tellin us that Jack Hendry would be a 50 million player wan day...Well thats him in the Scotland team and playin in saudi;)
I think you'll find he wanted £125m for Hendry.

And £125m for Ajer.

Plus he expected the bidding to START at £250m for Tierney!!!!
(£50m more than the most expensive player ever)

He also demanded Scott Sinclair be played at full back because he had a good defensive rating on the FIFA computer game. Apart from that, he was quite a sensible chap - until he started his racist, bigoted rantings that got him deservedly banned.

I think you'll find he wanted £125m for Hendry.

And £125m for Ajer.

Plus he expected the bidding to START at £250m for Tierney!!!!
(£50m more than the most expensive player ever)

He also demanded Scott Sinclair be played at full back because he had a good defensive rating on the FIFA computer game. Apart from that, he was quite a sensible chap - until he started his racist, bigoted rantings that got him deservedly banned.
Maybe he's back under a different name :unsure:

Members online

Latest posts

Back