Do you think Neil Lennon was main to blame for losing to a newco

Who or what do you think was primarily to blame for losing to a newco

• Neil Lennon

• Peter Lawell & suits

• Pandemic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toffeebhoy

This seasons circumstances were so mad and no one person or circumstance can be held entirely to blame.
Some of the bad circumstances we made ourselves, no one forced us to go to Dubai, no one forced us to spend £5 Million on Ajeti, a player that David Moyes had apparently forgotten was at westham.

The players failed us, but they never signed or chose themselves.
The manager failed us, but he never hired himself.
So now Neil Lennon has gone, do you think he was the main reason for Celtic losing out on 10 to a newco.
or do you think it was the suits or a one off because of the pandemic.

Combination of players and Covid19. Players could not adapt to playing in empty stadiums especially at CP. We needed the support to give us the extra impetus in matches, guys like Broon, Eddy & Calmac thrive on the park when fans are driving them on, no way, with that squad, we would have dropped anywhere near the points lost at CP this season. Euro matches were the prime example of this.
Sevco thrived on empty stadiums as the zombie brigade, who were not the most patient example of a match day crowd would get on the teams’ backs at every opportunity, mainly due to their desperation. Their players seem to be loving match days without their support while ours seemed to dread it.

Where did it all go wrong ? Forster not coming back,getting rid of Gordan,buying junk Ajeti,Barkas,Duffy etc ,Boli causing 2 games suspended,Griffiths coming back overweight,Lennon throwing players under bus after loss to ferenvarcos even though we had enough chances to win 3 games ,Covid hitting team,Forrest serious injury,too late to figure out with had a player in Turnbull,Eddie not trying a leg in first half of the season,Christie playing regardless of how rubbish he is ,No right or left wingers in the squad to name a few lol ..No fans being there was a massive factor also

Straightforward for rne. Neil Lennon. Matches are won or lost on the pitch.
He picked the teams, he determined tactics, he decided on substitutes and their timing, or lack of. He stuck with underperforming players for too long. Sitting moodily in the dugout was not the best way to motivate players. The same errors being repeated in match after match, raises questions over training and preparation for matches. Refused to accept responsibility for his own role in the unfolding debacle. Blamed it on everybody and everything, but the worms in the pitch. Hung on, despite it being patently obvious, that doing so, would cost us the league. Eventually resigned when the damage done was irreparable.

Yes, there were other factors at play. The biggest being the cowardice of our Board. Their failure to remove Neil Lennon and give us some chance of turning things around, for me is unforgivable.

Last edited:
They are all to blame. The responsibility for this shitshow stretches all the way from the boardroom to the dressing room, there's been failure at every level but the architects of it all are Lenny, Lawell and the nodding dogs in the boardroom.

Lenny turned a team of winners into a disorganised, disjointed mess while Peter Lawell and the board created the environment, implemented the strategies and enacted the policies that allowed that to happen.

This season for me was a league too far. Considering the hype and buld up to the 10inar, lmho, we weren't going to do it. Right from the seasons calamaties in Euro qualifiers to buying players, which looked like some were just to appease supporters. Lennon not having his own backroom staff was a major mistake. 2ho in their right mind would go along with the boards choices. I could just picture the late Brian Clough when told he had to work with Kennedy etc. Fuck off would be his reply. Herein lies the problem our board only want yes men in. Try just for once thinking of the supporters and get someone in who takes no shit from anyone. Jock Stein built great sides because he took command at the club and it was his way or the highway. Hopefully we get in someone similar to Mr Stein. ☘️☘️

Lack of crowd to spur us on and lack of pressure on the sevco players from their hordes is the main reason for me.....you only have to look how usually winning teams with passionate fans throughout Europe are faring this year... Liverpool, Benfica, PSG,Juventus, Barca to name a few

Last edited:
Everyone

board
backroom staff
coaches
players

and that nipppy fkr that comes out to tell you not to park there

there supposed to be paid athletes ,not prenning prema donnas who are missing the adulation of the support then they need a good toe up the arse

We where miles a head of every other club.I'm sure Peter lawell new that Rodgers wasn't happy and his days where numbered that being the case they probably had a couple of months to get a manager of real pedigree in before Rodgers left for Leicester city.everyone new that sevco and the MIB where going to go all out to stop the 10.but lawell went for the cheapest option something that has ended up costing the club probably tens of millions and more importantly 10iarow.lawell played fast and loose with a once in a life time record of 10iarow. We where in such a strong position from the moment the old co where liquidated and died to many people on our board fell asleep at the wheel for 9 years but the buck stops with lawell he was driving the car that crashed so tragically killing the dream of the 10.I just wish Fergus mccann hadve been around the last few years but he wasn't our loss.

This seasons circumstances were so mad and no one person or circumstance can be held entirely to blame.
Some of the bad circumstances we made ourselves, no one forced us to go to Dubai, no one forced us to spend £5 Million on Ajeti, a player that David Moyes had apparently forgotten was at westham.

The players failed us, but they never signed or chose themselves.
The manager failed us, but he never hired himself.
So now Neil Lennon has gone, do you think he was the main reason for Celtic losing out on 10 to a newco.
or do you think it was the suits or a one off because of the pandemic.

We where miles a head of every other club.I'm sure Peter lawell new that Rodgers wasn't happy and his days where numbered that being the case they probably had a couple of months to get a manager of real pedigree in before Rodgers left for Leicester city.everyone new that sevco and the MIB where going to go all out to stop the 10.but lawell went for the cheapest option something that has ended up costing the club probably tens of millions and more importantly 10iarow.lawell played fast and loose with a once in a life time record of 10iarow. We where in such a strong position from the moment the old co where liquidated and died to many people on our board fell asleep at the wheel for 9 years but the buck stops with lawell he was driving the car that crashed so tragically killing the dream of the 10.I just wish Fergus mccann hadve been around the last few years but he wasn't our loss.
absentee landlord cost us he should have been at the helm checking the day to day operations and asking questions as to why so much money was wasted on projects that nobody else wanted

Lawwell may have cost us millions but so did the dumbest landlord in the history of our club

The boards arrogance!As that squinty bastard said earlier they thought 10 was in the bag.

They appointed the wrong manager,made some questionable signings bar maybe Soro and Turnbull who never got a chance until it was too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
and the players you expect to stand up and be counted chucked it and should hang their heads in shame.
Everybody chucked it. Can say what you like about Sir Robert Kelly late past chairman of our club, he wouldn't have chucked it not with Jock Stein as manager.

I blame the players, all highly paid professionals, they've all proved their abilities in the past but have been awful this season (mostly)
I don't believe Lennon was telling Christie "every time you take a shot make sure you fuck it over the stand son"
Or Eddy "instead of scoring i want you to dribble round in circles until you loose the ball son"
Or Duffy "instead of just clearing the ball i want you to just stand still looking confused "

Even if he was saying those things they didn't have to bloody listen.

Same goes for fitness levels, if the training wasn't up to scratch surely theses highly paid professionals have a duty to keep themselves fit enough to do their jobs effectively regardless of the manager? The Griff being a good example (but not the only one) loved by Celtic fans, treated very well by Celtic as a club but came back from lockdown overweight and unfit to play.
Clearly 10 didn't mean as much to the players as it did to us.

Everyone who made decisions within the club this season are nothing short of a disgrace to the club.
Letting laurel and Hardy loose on making some of the most ridiculous decisions I have ever seen still infuriates me no end.
The only one's to really stop the 10 was celtic themselves and by christ did we manage to do in spectacular fashion.
We all knew the stop the 10 at all costs would be put in force and government, Scottish fa, mib's all done there jobs admirably but still not as good as our decision makers did of making a total bollox of a season.

Letting Damien duff go still remains suspicious to me.

Letting Gordon, heyes and jozo go was totally morally wrong when they had contributed so much to our success. Claimed to be a cut costing, only to be replaced by much more expensive crap. Throw in all the loan signings as well, I now believe it was done to upset the changing room and got the desired effect.

The CL exit, playing no strickers in a straight knock out match, followed by calling out all the want aways, yet deciding to keep and play them when they had no intention of giving there all to the cause ahead.

1st Derby against the scum was the clearest indication of just how much the majority had downed tools by putting in the most pathetic preformance I have ever witnessed against the scum. We were made to believe that a yellow card had been issued (a straight red for me) yet lenny was allowed to go on and be in charge for another 5 red card performances along with a good few yellows as well. Start of the lies and bullshit this board have given us this season.

Dubai, the most stupid decision that was never going to end well, and we did pay a huge price for been so stupid.

The players chucked it in a long time ago, with so many falling ridiculously short of what they are capable of, and now for many are only playing for themselves, while others are licking there wounds, but at a guess I would say a very toxic changing room remains.

JK still remains, who thankfully we now know has fuck all to offer. Sunday and starting 7 we shouldn't have next season, which would be 8 if highly unlikely we can't get Ajer to stay.
JK needs to be kept well away from 1st team affairs and preferably away from the club altogether along with all the misfits of players who never had the desire to succeed whatsoever this season

I can only conclude that it was never in the agenda for the powers to be, to ever deliver the 10iar instead opted to hand the scum our title without even a fight.
I look upon this as treason among our support and has to be rectified ASAP.
We have developed a core of decision makers that have become rotten to the core and also need to be removed as quickly as possible.
We will return to our splendour hopefully without the bastards who have shat upon us all season.
I personally will never trust this board all the time the current members are on board especially the horrible tash DD for letting what has transpired this season as I look upon so many as traitors to the cause.
Just hoping now any future decisions are made with us supporters in mind and not the bollox we have been given all season

Back