Dominic McKay has just resigned from Celtic due to personal reasons

To say I'm shocked at this news is an under statement.
Personal reasons can mean anything and throws wide open as to the reason why?
Can't help thinking that the vision of the current board has something to do with things and how I hope I'm totally wrong.
Dom and Ange just undertook one of the most exciting and amazing turnaround that I've ever witnessed, so this news makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Dom seemed just the perfect fit for what the club needed and upset not to be there to watch his legacy develop.
Wishing him all the best and thanks for the great work done so far and will be watching with interest that this board doesn't start undoing what Dom has started

The current board are not interested in 'modernising' the club as McKay said he wanted to do on the few occasions he spoke to the supporters. The current board want the status quo to remain, they want a 'CEO' (quotation marks as its in name only) to carry out their exact instruction and have very little autonomy. As I mentioned on here before, McKay would be like Lawwell during the early years he was "CEO'. Every decision had to get board approval. Lawwell got more autonomy the longer he was in the job as he knew, and accepted, how the board wanted the club to be run.
The board think they are doing a brilliant job and last season was a one-off, a blip, and everything will be back to normal this season.
When headlines appeared in the papers in July that Desmond had stepped in and was taking 'personal charge' of the transfer activity then the alarm bells started ringing for me. My take on 'personal charge' was Lawwell will do it and report back to me.
The fact that its Lawwell's protege, Nicholson, who has stepped up as CEO and been given a place on the board is telling.
Forget modernising the club, we remain a 'as long as we're one point better than them' club with zero ambition beyond the colloquial little country we live in.

The current board are not interested in 'modernising' the club as McKay said he wanted to do on the few occasions he spoke to the supporters. The current board want the status quo to remain, they want a 'CEO' (quotation marks as its in name only) to carry out their exact instruction and have very little autonomy. As I mentioned on here before, McKay would be like Lawwell during the early years he was "CEO'. Every decision had to get board approval. Lawwell got more autonomy the longer he was in the job as he knew, and accepted, how the board wanted the club to be run.
The board think they are doing a brilliant job and last season was a one-off, a blip, and everything will be back to normal this season.
When headlines appeared in the papers in July that Desmond had stepped in and was taking 'personal charge' of the transfer activity then the alarm bells started ringing for me. My take on 'personal charge' was Lawwell will do it and report back to me.
The fact that its Lawwell's protege, Nicholson, who has stepped up as CEO and been given a place on the board is telling.
Forget modernising the club, we remain a 'as long as we're one point better than them' club with zero ambition beyond the colloquial little country we live in.
That’s so depressing

Both the manner and timing of this suggest a major fallout between McKay and the board. This should be an early morning stock exchange announcement instead it’s released late on a Friday following a press conference earlier in the day where nothing is said. Personal reasons is always a misnomer. He has told the board to stuff it, probably because of their intransigence and probably because lawwell will be interfering. Either way it’s not a good look and an absolute clusterfuck again by the board. They need hunted.

Something stinks inside that boardroom. They are to set in the old ways, what they want is yes men to do as their told sign the players we want you to sign. Shambles everybody, where do we go on from here questions on a postcard please to Ian Banker chairman Celtic football club.

Members online

Latest posts

Back