Douglas Ross - Hun, Cheat, Corrupt and MIB

Let’s see if they cite Steve Clarke for his comments.......any bets?
It will be very interesting if they do give him a ban or fine the club a-la Rangers for their recent outburst at the SFA.

And by all rights, rules are rules and 2 wrongs don’t make a right. So if they’re going to be consistant, they almost have to cite him or the club. But the problems here are (1) he’s 100% right and I doubt even those in the SFA would deny that, and (2) Stevie G had a similar outburst after the first week of the season and they did NOTHING. So there’s grounds for appeal based on precedent this season. And given the performance during the match... I’m sure the SFA just was this to go away. Nobody is coming out of this looking good, and the longer we’re talking about it, the worse it is for the league and the referees.

I don’t think I’ll be surprised either way. Best thing the SFA could do is issue the citation, acknowledge that the concerns are valid and being looked at blah blah blah... and then hit Clark with a trivial fine and warn him not to do it again. Say £500 or something like that. And by ‘best thing the SFA could do...’ I mean in terms of making this go away rather than letting it dominate the news cycle for the next 3-4 days. Obviously the ‘Best’ thing they could do is get their shit sorted out so there’s no reason for any of us to talk about it! But the likelihood of that rests somewhere between a myth and a fantasy!

Also, during his interview, if anyone has a good copy of the audio, it sounded like they asked him about the news reports today regarding bringing in foreign refs.

Amazingly, given the tone of his comments generally, he wouldn’t even comment on the idea!

The audio linked on the other thread is not the greatest quality, although that may be the best there is as it doesn’t sound like the press were mic’d up. Anyone else pick up on that, or am I hearing things in my own head? Again... o_O

It's not about Clarke or Kilmarnock or even Celtic this was about getting sevco into the next round,if the penalty had been given it could have changed the game ?? So to make sure there is no chance of a come back send off the goalie,it all looked a bit surreal to me. 5 goals don't think they would done that with the first team keeper in,suppose it made them look good perhaps that was idea,thier attack on S Clarke just about some,s them up like Beatons phone threats no guilty party found,as Steve C said week in week out same story with the ref,a never ending story,by winning this game it keeps thier supporters turning up if they had lost with thier chances in the league going down the pan they need to keep the mugs interested because they need the money

Last edited:
It will be very interesting if they do give him a ban or fine the club a-la Rangers for their recent outburst at the SFA.

And by all rights, rules are rules and 2 wrongs don’t make a right. So if they’re going to be consistant, they almost have to cite him or the club. But the problems here are (1) he’s 100% right and I doubt even those in the SFA would deny that, and (2) Stevie G had a similar outburst after the first week of the season and they did NOTHING. So there’s grounds for appeal based on precedent this season. And given the performance during the match... I’m sure the SFA just was this to go away. Nobody is coming out of this looking good, and the longer we’re talking about it, the worse it is for the league and the referees.

I don’t think I’ll be surprised either way. Best thing the SFA could do is issue the citation, acknowledge that the concerns are valid and being looked at blah blah blah... and then hit Clark with a trivial fine and warn him not to do it again. Say £500 or something like that. And by ‘best thing the SFA could do...’ I mean in terms of making this go away rather than letting it dominate the news cycle for the next 3-4 days. Obviously the ‘Best’ thing they could do is get their shit sorted out so there’s no reason for any of us to talk about it! But the likelihood of that rests somewhere between a myth and a fantasy!

If they are going to fine someone for comments then they have to look at the comments and the incidents that led to the comment.
Will they look at the sending off and penalty incident and will they listen to an give their comments on the audio abuse.
1. Fact there was a dive for the sending off
2. Fact that killie had a penalty that all at the BBC McCann and Smith and Craigen and Rob MacLean agreed was a pen soon as it happened
3. Fact Steve Clarke was subject to sectarian abuse
And almost forgot
4. Fact Candieas straight red card straight leg tackle

How do you attempt to have a level playing field whilst telling managers not to comment on these blatant issues

Don't think Ross ran the line last night it was Kirkland and some other useless bastard

See the press narative today is sectarian abuse and strict liability , you would be hard to find what SC said in full

This will be off the news cycle in 321 gone just now ,till the next game and the cheating will start again the sevco will get the points or get through
And Nothing will happen

Therein lies the problem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back