Dundee v Celtic, Sunday 28th April 3pm

Big decision for BR deciding who plays left centre half. Scales, after a better than expected first half to the season, has regressed back to the standard that would have got him sold last summer had it not been for injury crisis. If Nawrocki has any future at the club then he surely needs to be playing between now and the end of the season. Way back in August CCV & Nawrocki were the preferred centre back pairing.
The other issue is the left side of the front three with Maeda missing again on Sunday (hopefully back for Hearts game next weekend). Yang has been poor in recent games, and looks better on the right as well, Palma hasn't rediscovered earlier form since his injury and its questionable if Forrest should be any more than an impact sub. Maybe for this game we should push Reo forward a position and play on the left of a front three, he ends up wide left much of the time he's on the pitch anyway. He plays as a left sided attacking midfielder for Japan so its a position he's familiar with.
That would allow Iwata to return as DM, had he been their in the cup tie I doubt very much Aberdeen would have scored their opening goal, and McGregor could push forward with O'Riley as the number 8s.
Either way, a tough game against a team who have achieved/overachieved their season's target and therefore have nothing to lose. They'll most likely go into the game knowing a win puts them in a European place given Stephen Robinson's team will lose to his heroes in the earlier game (he's never won a league game v them as manager of Motherwell or St Mirren). Tony Docherty has to be given credit for getting Dundee top 6 playing good attacking football.

Hart
AJ CCV Nawrocki Taylor
O'Riley Iwata McGregor
Kuhn Kyogo Hatate
Subs Bain Ralston Scales Kelly Bernardo Forrest Palma Yang Idah

An edgy, hard fought 3-1 win, more so given who is the officials are on and off the pitch

Last edited:
Big decision for BR deciding who plays left centre half. Scales, after a better than expected first half to the season, has regressed back to the standard that would have got him sold last summer had it not been for injury crisis. If Nawrocki has any future at the club then he surely needs to be playing between now and the end of the season. Way back in August CCV & Nawrocki were the preferred centre back pairing.
The other issue is the left side of the front three with Maeda missing again on Sunday (hopefully back for Hearts game next weekend). Yang has been poor in recent games, and looks better on the right as well, Palma hasn't rediscovered earlier form since his injury and its questionable if Forrest should be any more than an impact sub. Maybe for this game we should push Reo forward a position and play on the left of a front three, he ends up wide left much of the time he's on the pitch anyway. He plays as a left sided attacking midfielder for Japan so its a position he's familiar with.
That would allow Iwata to return as DM, had he been their in the cup tie I doubt very much Aberdeen would have scored their opening goal, and McGregor could push forward with O'Riley as the number 8s.
Either way, a tough game against a team who have achieved/overachieved their season's target and therefore have nothing to lose. They'll most likely go into the game knowing a win puts them in a European place given Stephen Robinson's team will lose to his heroes in the earlier game (he's never won a league game v them as manager of Motherwell or St Mirren). Tony Docherty has to be given credit for getting Dundee top 6 playing good attacking football.

Hart
AJ CCV Nawrocki Taylor
O'Riley Iwata McGregor
Kuhn Kyogo Hatate
Subs Bain Ralston Scales Kelly Bernardo Forrest Palma Yang Idah

An edgy, hard fought 3-1 win, more so given who is the officials are on and off the pitch
Good team Bren/Gary67 good idea you putting Reo as a floating 10 might see Kyogo bag a 🎩 or more.
I’m only joking Brengaz but if that’s the team yir oooted

HH😉🍀

Dundee have failed to score in their last two league games v sevco and Aberdeen but scored in their previous six I'm going for 3-1 the good ghuys but I'll settle for any victory it's crucial we maintain our run of form that's been shaky but ultimately a winning one.

I'm over in Coste Del Sol for the weekend team....meeting up with my sister from America and my sister from Greenock (I suppose their both from Greenock 😂)....I'm the older brother still looking after them to this day....that's what I was taught by my auld man and that's still my job.
Great to catch up and they both want to have a front seat when we play Dundee on Sunday.
They still know the rules about Celtic regardless of where they are in the world......HH !!💚🇮🇪🍀

I'm over in Coste Del Sol for the weekend team....meeting up with my sister from America and my sister from Greenock (I suppose their both from Greenock 😂)....I'm the older brother still looking after them to this day....that's what I was taught by my auld man and that's still my job.
Great to catch up and they both want to have a front seat when we play Dundee on Sunday.
They still know the rules about Celtic regardless of where they are in the world......HH !!💚🇮🇪🍀
Have a great time mate...

Enjoy mate 🌞🍻🧑🧒🧒🍀

Keep thinking yir in charge bud 😂😂
Hope you have a great reunion, Wish yir sisters awe the best from me and the noise

HH👏👏

Have a lovely time ☘️

Dundee are playing some good football this season and deserve to be in the Top 6. I love that a side that tries to play a more attacking style have succeeded where so many anti-football bus parkers have failed.

I think that Dundee will quite rightly fancy their chances against us, which may well play into our hands. Of course, they are a team full of silky shrinking violets either and will be quite happy to mix it with us and try to bully us physically. They would be silly not to factor in the Beaton/Dallas tagteam of evil into their tactics, as everyone in Scotland knows they will allow them the benefit of doubt in their refereeing. I also think the MIBs may have an eye on getting one of our important players (CCV, Hart, CalMac???) suspended for the new Glasgow derby when we face their favourites in a potential title decider.

Our players have to show a lot of heart and courage in every remaining game. I don't think we will win all 5 matches, but I also think the sevvies will drop points too.

Any win will do at this time of the season. I'm going for a very hard fought 3-1 win for us. But I suspect it will be a very tough match. COYBIG 🍀☘️🍀

Aye, shite pitch going for 3-0 The Hoops FUCK THE MIBS,VAR,SFA.

Early ko in Paisley, Draw anyone
This is the photo of Dens Park being shared on social media tonight. If it is real then it looks incredible. Although, if it is true then it may have been relaid which is not great either if the roots haven't taken yet. And they wouldn't be the first club to paint their sandy bits green.

20240426_211400.jpg

Lovely, have a great visit with your sisters mate
COYBIG

A win takes us another big step toward the title Can we take it? Will we be allowed to take it? Converting shots into goals is crucial. Am I hopeful? Dundee at home, cheating Beaton as the ref and biased VAR. Yes I am. We are the finest team in Scotland and we must show that.

Last edited:
Back