Eddy’s form

cheezydee

I’m not too bothered that the goals haven’t been banging in lately, but he doesn’t seem to be firing on all cylinders just now. That’s the last few games where he’s had a fairly good opportunity to score and missed. And even the magic feet around the defence isn’t quite there.

We’ve got st Mirren at home on Saturday, I’d say take the chance of starting Bayo/Klimala (assuming griff playing) and give eddy a wee rest to be raring to go against the tribute?

I’m not too bothered that the goals haven’t been banging in lately, but he doesn’t seem to be firing on all cylinders just now. That’s the last few games where he’s had a fairly good opportunity to score and missed. And even the magic feet around the defence isn’t quite there.

We’ve got st Mirren at home on Saturday, I’d say take the chance of starting Bayo/Klimala (assuming griff playing) and give eddy a wee rest to be raring to go against the tribute?
I would disagree (respectfully of course), it's just that the standards he'd been setting, the bar is so so high. There was a piece recently on here (I think it was from the Celtic Star) on eddys stats and the fact that Aguero was the player with the most similar stats in uk football at least. Given that Aguero has scored over 20 goals every season hes played , that's quite a standard to keep going. 11 goals from 6 games at French u21 level as well. I dont think his form has dipped, though the number of his goals return has. He is still the man making the assist more often than not, or the man who plays the defence splitting pass, there's so much more now to his game than his goals alone. We want to try and keep eddy for the 10iar season, dropping him when he is playing to such standards , even just to rest him at this time of the season could be detrimental to our chances of doing so and could possibly affect his form. This is far and away the best Celtic side for many years just making the bench should be seen as an achievement. If I had to leave out a striker then I would say Griffiths out and give bayo a chance. Not because of anything that Griffiths has done wrong , hes done really well since returning. Bayo though has that physical presence about him that defenders hate , he has that ability to hustle and bustle defenders , and hes unlucky not to have more goals to his name than he does. Klimala is a project player who will eventually work his way into the side. Bayo, if he continues to play as well as he has when hes had his limited chances , could well be the replacement for eddy come the time. I can see him becoming our main striker in the future 🤞that would be fantastic if we already have eddys replacement ready to go. It's not that long ago we had eddy and only Henderson as back up. Now we can call on eddy, Griffiths, bayo,klimala and Henderson we are spoilt for choice in that department. Same in midfield. I would like to see another quality CB as the pairing of julien and ajer has no challengers really. I wonder if that's the reason why lenny has been playing bitton as a third CB, just to let them know that he and jozo can do the job. The level of ability our players are at is astonishing , our reserve team would give most teams in the spfl a tough time. Arzani is fit and scoring, shved also el hamed to return we are so well off for real quality players, rogic is slowly returning to form too , mikey johnstone, karamoko. Only we could even consider letting go a keeper of Craig Gordon's ability, I'm not comfy with that as big FF isnt our player, like elyounnoussi and arzani. I'm off on a tangent lol nah I'd keep eddy playing and keep him happy.

This wasn’t about dropping him, but to give him the week off before the sevco game. Win that and it’s game over. I know there’s more to his game, but the spark isn’t there just now. Watching last night, it felt like he was playing with all the pressure on him. And if the lines of Bayo aren’t playing, how are they going to get better? What if eddy got injured and we’ve got players who aren’t match sharp.

I’d obviously have eddy on the bench for Saturday in case wasn’t working, but you’d expect to see out St Mirren at home without him.

This wasn’t about dropping him, but to give him the week off before the sevco game. Win that and it’s game over. I know there’s more to his game, but the spark isn’t there just now. Watching last night, it felt like he was playing with all the pressure on him. And if the lines of Bayo aren’t playing, how are they going to get better? What if eddy got injured and we’ve got players who aren’t match sharp.

I’d obviously have eddy on the bench for Saturday in case wasn’t working, but you’d expect to see out St Mirren at home without him.

Agree with that cheezy. The team have to know how to play without him and he can always come on as a sub but I'd rather we had the 9 tied up in a green and white bow first.

Not disagreeing with wanting the 9, but a wee break to give the lad a wee boost before skelping the huns given he’s hit a wee lull.

That’s all I was meaning. Not knocking him, not taking st Mirren for granted, just thinking about managing the end of the season. There’s a chance the team can be flogged to the point they stutter past the finish line. That’s my only real criticism of Lennon, he doesn’t rotate the squad enough. McGregor is a prime example

Back