EDDY HOW MUCH?

I think where he's at just now, his age, his potential we should be holding out for 35m, can't see us getting as much as 40m just because this is the Scottish league. Not much doubt that sometime in the future he'll be 80m plus.
Just hope he stays with us next season, the board must do everything possible to make that happen.
Given the impact he has surely the rest of the squad wouldn't mind if the wage structure was broken to keep him for one more season, or would they?

Give him and his advisers 2 things, an extended contract with all the trimmings and a promise that we will accept the first offer of 40m that suits him once the Decima has been achieved.

This must surely be the plan and anything else would be a huge gamble. Imagine if we had let Dembele go without having Eddy to step into his shoes. The Griff is magic but we need a modern-style striker to either play with him or instead of him. I shudder to think of that being Bayo-Hazard or the unproven Polish Paddy at this stage.

Eddy should crash through the ceiling price of players from the SPFL. £30m with add-ons sounds about right but a player is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for him. Look at how mad dug has had a price tag round his neck for 2 seasons now and yet no one wants to bid and Eddy is a far better player (by a country mile) and a much more well behaved one.

It wouldn't upset anyone on here too much if nobody wanted to buy Eddy, after all we don't need to sell to keep the lights on and the big man will hopefully stay long enough to serve us up the 10iar.

Think I heard talk of a new contract under discussion. Let us hope there is an announcement soon. Eddie is a priceless asset who seems to enjoy being a Celt. He will get more money elsewhere but will he be adored as he is in Glasgow? Having the best chant in European and probably world football dedicated to you is in its own way priceless too.

I think 32-35M is figure we would be looking for. I do hope keep him happy with a promise to leave at a point - hopefully that point is summer next year.

There isna enough shekels in the EPL to buy Eddy.
There is no discipline problem, No scandal, No acting the big man, No personality issues and he is brilliant at football.
Chris Sutton called it, the best he has seen at Celtic since Henrik.
Got to be £35m+ esp after seeing the £70m man playing for Spurs last night. They stole KT for £25. It's not like we are desperate for the dough, unlike the new team. (GIRFUY lurkers)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back