EDMISTON HOUSE

seven past niven

was passing mordor the other day and noticed that the above mentioned venue was near completion . apparently it will contain a museum and other fan facilities for matchday actvities. now i know its always frowned upon on this forum talking about them over there, but ask yourselves this, apart from the disco lights and a few other tinkerings, what have we done improve our stadium the south stand is desperately in need of replacement, and the act of installing tarpaulins around the stadium smacks of penny pinching, when most modern stadiums have led panels that can be interchanged with various displays. the point i am making is if that shower across the city can afford such a venue why cant we who are supposedly far richer than them not get moving with upgrading paradise to what it can be and deserves to be

I know the Pandemic put on hold any majorScreenshot_20221212-221816_Google.jpg new investment on facilities.
However given this was originally planned for 2020 I haven't heard any updates on the original Β£18m plan for the hotel museum and ticket office ..or has this been scrapped completely...anybody know if any of this was discussed at AGM.

I know the Pandemic put on hold any majorView attachment 21234 new investment on facilities.
However given this was originally planned for 2020 I haven't heard any updates on the original Β£18m plan for the hotel museum and ticket office ..or has this been scrapped completely...anybody know if any of this was discussed at AGM.
No idea, know they said stadium development not in any short term plans but they're looking at it

The area around our stadium has been developed over the years.
The match day experience begins before you enter the stadium. The statues, the Celtic Way, the fans bricks is all part of it.
Their stadium looks like a dilapidated factory surrounded by waste land.
I'm sure, over the next 10 years, we will have our hotel and museum.
What are the chances that any cash made from their wee museum actually reaches the 1st team!! None!!

All about levels πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
Screenshot_20221213_062203_Samsung Internet.jpg

The area around our stadium has been developed over the years.
The match day experience begins before you enter the stadium. The statues, the Celtic Way, the fans bricks is all part of it.
Their stadium looks like a dilapidated factory surrounded by waste land.
I'm sure, over the next 10 years, we will have our hotel and museum.
What are the chances that any cash made from their wee museum actually reaches the 1st team!! None!!

All about levels πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
View attachment 21235
πŸ‘πŸ‘.

Outwith my upbringing as a Celtic Supporter and immense dislike of the huns old and new, and having been to both stadiums, if I was neutral and taking visitors to either one or the other then Celtic Park wins hands down.

Plenty of work has been done in and around Celtic Park in yrs gone by and Yea perhaps the hotel complex and museum have been put on hold, but can you imagine the media crap we would have had let alone our own bloggers not attached to the hip of the board if we had went ahead during and just after a world wide pandemic with the building process.

And on a personal level if my team was struggling financially I would much rather they concentrated on on the pitch matters.

My last visit to Ibrox was in September 2014, a Euro 2016 qualifying match Scotland v Georgia. It was dilapidated looking, it had two large portacabin toilets, two smaller portacabins for food kiosks. Looked like it had lacked any maintenance in over a decade.

So they've renovated Edi house it was a call centre in a previous life under DM. But I'm certainly not worried by anything the Huns plan to use it for, another building to be used for milking The Gullibillys.

On to Celtic Park, I read somewhere the figure in the region of Β£100m to complete main stand & complete upgrade. Now the extra seats would bring in extra revenue, improve match day experience etc, but 100m. No or little investment in team for a few season's Possible naming rights of CP?

There's a lot of clubs around Europe upgrading their Staduims & the monies being quoted is eye-watering, a search on YouTube & you'll find the latest on the construction of The Bernabue, Camp Nou, Anfield & Evertons new staduim etc.

I've been following the Anfield upgrade on YouTube & it's estimated cost is 70-80m & should be ready for start of next season taking the capacity to 61,000

My last visit to Ibrox was in September 2014, a Euro 2016 qualifying match Scotland v Georgia. It was dilapidated looking, it had two large portacabin toilets, two smaller portacabins for food kiosks. Looked like it had lacked any maintenance in over a decade.

So they've renovated Edi house it was a call centre in a previous life under DM. But I'm certainly not worried by anything the Huns plan to use it for, another building to be used for milking The Gullibillys.

On to Celtic Park, I read somewhere the figure in the region of Β£100m to complete main stand & complete upgrade. Now the extra seats would bring in extra revenue, improve match day experience etc, but 100m. No or little investment in team for a few season's Possible naming rights of CP?

There's a lot of clubs around Europe upgrading their Staduims & the monies being quoted is eye-watering, a search on YouTube & you'll find the latest on the construction of The Bernabue, Camp Nou, Anfield & Evertons new staduim etc.

I've been following the Anfield upgrade on YouTube & it's estimated cost is 70-80m & should be ready for start of next season taking the capacity to 61,000
2 seasons of new format CL fixtures would pay for that Β£100 million TT.
That would be 10 home champions league games at Celtic park against 10 different clubs and possibly more if we progressed.
Β£100 million is thrown around like it's a lot of money but its not especially in construction industry and the football industry.
It's something Celtic can afford to do and the longer its left the more its going to cost I think
Hampden cost Β£50 million to build HH

I would definitely see the benefit of completing the stadium and increasing the capacity. But I also thought Β£18m was cheap at the price for the Hotel and Museum with a new Celtic retail shop and ticket office would have been a constant flow of revenue that would have reaped the rewards.
I would guess that 18m cost may well have increased considerably since then ...a big miss for me.

2 seasons of new format CL fixtures would pay for that Β£100 million TT.
That would be 10 home champions league games at Celtic park against 10 different clubs and possibly more if we progressed.
Β£100 million is thrown around like it's a lot of money but its not especially in construction industry and the football industry.
It's something Celtic can afford to do and the longer its left the more its going to cost I think
Hampden cost Β£50 million to build HH
Ffs money πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°. The bunnet said Hampden was a waste of money when there was Celtic Park and Ibrox , share the Scotland games between them and save the govts cash.

Ffs money πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°. The bunnet said Hampden was a waste of money when there was Celtic Park and Ibrox , share the Scotland games between them and save the govts cash.
That would deprive the blazers.
They gave Queens Park Β£5 million and lesser Hampden for the deeds to Hampden park and stadium absolute rip off liberty.
They know in the future, be it 20 years there will be a new hampden and absolute fortune

Back