Elyounoussi Evaluated

"Finally, Elyounoussi brings a work ethic and desire to the team in keeping with the more 'all action' style Lennon favours. In short, it’s great (and thoughtful) recruitment."

Excellent article, CBN. As you say, it could be a little early, but so far I think he should stick around awhile.

http://celticbynumberscom.ipage.com/elyounoussi-evaluated/

With Elyounoussi blossoming into form, it’s time to evaluate the expensive loanee against his peers.
Can too much emphasis be placed on statistics ? The lad is constantly trying to go past people and move the ball forward. A first season Scott Sinclair, if you will. He is always looking for a killer pass and these don't always come off, particularly against packed defences. He is, imo, the most likely player we have to unlock packed defences with his ability, pace and movement.
Regardless of percentages he plays football the Celtic way and I would buy him in a heart beat.

He's pure honking. Worst player I've seen in hoops. Nearly as bad as Scheidt. If I were Southampton, I'd give him away for nothing. Same wie Forster, rank rotten......I'd take him, but only because I feel sorry for Southampton.
Took the words oot my mouth they’re SP rank rotten the both of them suppose we could offer both some type of refugee status
Mibbie even take the Hair of them

HH 🍀🤣

I fancied Elyounoussi being a good addition when he came in and nothing has changed my mind. He puts the effort in for starters, something that has escaped Sinclair for over a year except the occasional games. He looks clever with the ball, perhaps too much. He could be missing passes because players aren’t seeing the runs he’s expecting. I’ve often wondered if players get frustrated at team mates not being up to their level and can’t get in to the spaces etc that they see, or not getting the pass that they’ve made the run for. He has an eye for goal. I think with the good players around him, he’s gonna get better and we’re going to benefit from this. I think keeping him with the rest could mean we can become an accomplished Europa team, and even make a decent stab at CL. That diamond of eddy, Elyounoussi, Forrest and Christie is a really decent attack by most euro standards. And when they’re pressing, backed up by Christie’s energy... well we’ve seen our group struggle already. £8m? I say yes all day long. On the radio they were talking that if we didn’t win the league and miss out on CL that we couldn’t afford to buy him. Think we have enough in the bank to speculate to accumulate and that we will win the league and at least get the Europa. Selling ntcham would cover his outlay. Might even get a decent wedge for rogic to buy him. Rogic’s wife apparently hates living here so I’m not sure how long he’s staying

Selling ntcham would cover his outlay. Might even get a decent wedge for rogic to buy him. Rogic’s wife apparently hates living here so I’m not sure how long he’s staying

Why would Celtic do that? I think the club can afford to keep both of them AND buy Elyounoussi. Whether the will to do so is there is another thing. Selling Ntcham, especially if he isn't signing elsewhere, would be a mistake.

Ntcham hasn’t hidden his desire to move, and not playing much this season is likely to give him a bigger huff. From our side, he hasn’t figured much so we wouldn’t miss him, and could use that money on Elyounoussi. I think he’s a class player, but Lennon hasn’t put him in much, even when McGregor has played every minute so far.

As for rogic, how much do we actually get from him? Christie plays that role and sounds like turnbull is a done deal for January. Like I say, his wife hates it here so I suspect he’ll be wanting a move to keep her happy. I’m not saying I don’t think rogic is a good player, but he’s a rarely fit player.

Back