Enzo Maresca

We have the perfect double act both from Man City,Enzo Maresca who just lead Man City second team to league championship,and Fergal Harkin who is already wanted by Celtic to become Director of Football,I think he deals mainly with loan players at Man City.

Harkin came straight from the Irish League to Man City and Maresca played with West Brom,Juventus and Sampdoria,we have been asking for somebody who knows a bit about European football,,this could be our man..

HH.

We have the perfect double act both from Man City,Enzo Maresca who just lead Man City second team to league championship,and Fergal Harkin who is already wanted by Celtic to become Director of Football,I think he deals mainly with loan players at Man City.

Harkin came straight from the Irish League to Man City and Maresca played with West Brom,Juventus and Sampdoria,we have been asking for somebody who knows a bit about European football,,this could be our man..

HH.

This whole Maresca and Harkin idea has Lawell's (via his son who works at Man City) fingerprints all over it, even when he's on his way out the fucking door Lawell is still being allowed to push his ideas and given that this board has just nodded along to everything Lawell has said and done for years it's entirely possible they will give this the green light.

So a guy who has never managed at senior level in his puff coming in as manager and a guy who's in charge of the 'loan pathways' (whatever the fuck that is) at Man City being appointed Director of Football and put in charge of the entire football operation at Celtic......so neither Maresca or Harkin have ever at any point in their careers held the roles they would be appointed to a Celtic!

This is the Celtic board's great 'masterplan'......appoint 2 guys with zero experience of the jobs they will be doing......what could go wrong eh! 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Btw GS that wisnae a rant at you mate it was a rant at the thought of this idea actually happening. 😉(y)

Last edited:
This whole Maresca and Harkin idea has Lawell's (via his son who works at Man City) fingerprints all over it, even when he's on his way out the fucking door Lawell is still being allowed to push his ideas and given that this board has just nodded along to everything Lawell has said and done for years it's entirely possible they will give this the green light.

So a guy who has never managed at senior level in his puff coming in as manager and a guy who's in charge of the 'loan pathways' (whatever the fuck that is) at Man City being appointed Director of Football and put in charge of the entire football operation at Celtic......so neither Maresca or Harkin have ever at any point in their careers held the roles they would be appointed to a Celtic!

This is the Celtic board's great 'masterplan'......appoint 2 guys with zero experience of the jobs they will be doing......what could go wrong eh! 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Btw GS that wisnae a rant at you mate it was a rant at the thought of this idea actually happening. 😉(y)
I don't think Lawwell will be involved at all in the process to get new Sporting Director and Head Coach (not manager), I would say its Dermot Desmond, or more likely his son Ross.

I don't think Lawwell will be involved at all in the process to get new Sporting Director and Head Coach (not manager), I would say its Dermot Desmond, or more likely his son Ross.

I suspect the very fact these 2 names are even being entertained as serious contenders in the first place nods to not only Lawell's continuing involvement but that of his son who likely recommended them in the first place.

Why else would Celtic/Desmond consider appointing 2 guys who have zero experience of the roles they're being lined up for if they weren't touted and recommended by sources Celtic/Desmond trust and the most likely source of those recommendations would be Lawell via his boy who works with both of these guys at Man City.

Just because Lawell is on his way out doesn't mean that Desmond has stopped listening to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Back