Euro Cups

What can fans in the small countries do about the big boys taken all the money/places in the champions league?Is there some way we can put a Spock in there plans to more or less kill our interest in this competition. I have not watched any champion's league games this year

The only real option is to go rogue and form an independent league made up of other "sleeping giants".

I know we've heard it all before with the North Atlantic League, but even that was in the days before the super-rich became oligarch playthings.

It's not even so much the money aspect, it's the competitive aspect.

A two-tier system with an assortment of huge clubs from minor nations would surely appeal to a sizable TV audience as well as just the partizan fans.

CL is now akin to a "closed shop". How long before the major nations have 5/6 representatives.

What can fans in the small countries do about the big boys taken all the money/places in the champions league?Is there some way we can put a Spock in there plans to more or less kill our interest in this competition. I have not watched any champion's league games this year
One thing perhaps is for smaller nations giant clubs supporters to not attend matches in these cups I posted something similar recently suggesting that all of us could quite accurately predict the majority of quarter finalists for the next 5 seasons it's so slanted. A breakaway perhaps to a champions cup again for champions only would probably peak the interest of the champions of the big 5 leagues to take part

Don't worry, the Champion's League will soon become more boring and predictable than ever, and nobody apart from the Asians and the Arabs will even bother to watch. Eventually they'll stop 'supporting' teams that most of them will never even see, and then the shit will hit the fan. TV deals will disappear quicker than Brenden Roger's loyalty! Imagine a champions cup, for champions.

Champions cup for champions only would definately peak the interest of all champions it's the spurs, arsenals atletico Madrid a.c. milan and napolis of this world who won't be so keen as they will rarely if ever be involved but who knows maybe spurs might surprise us all and actually win something for a change. As they haven't for over a decade or more not even a cup but are seeded for failure to win anything? The mind boggles whilst the cash rolls into these failing clubs who aren't there on merit they're there on UEFAs bye system

One thing perhaps is for smaller nations giant clubs supporters to not attend matches in these cups I posted something similar recently suggesting that all of us could quite accurately predict the majority of quarter finalists for the next 5 seasons it's so slanted. A breakaway perhaps to a champions cup again for champions only would probably peak the interest of the champions of the big 5 leagues to take part
There's no way the so called 5 big league's FA'S are going to go for this
What 4 teams automatically qualify for the cl and you want them to cut that down to 1 not a cat in hells chance that's happening

What 4 teams automatically qualify for the cl and you want them to cut that down to 1 not a cat in hells chance that's happening

Too true ! Money is the driver for these nations - and by fixing the qualifications criteria they have it sewn up for years to come .
If anything , it will get more difficult for us wee diddy nations to get a glimpse of the CL . That's probably why they are now discussing a third Euro competition = somewhere to stick the wee teams so they don't cause too much of a fuss - and sometimes accidentally knockout a 'big' team ( like Ajax did to Real - that wasn't in the script ! )

The simple answer is play it old style, only league winners (that's why it's called champions league) can enter and its knockout. When that was the format, Celtic won it, Notts Forrest, Aston Villa, Steua Bucharest, Feyenoord and Ajax won it. Kick the money men oot o UEFA and put football men there instead. That countries with large tv audiences (which equals more adverts which equals more money for UEFA) get four teams through, three of which are champions of nowt, is a scandal.
I know it's wishful thinking but it would be great if the money men were punted. Then football could go back to being a sport instead of a business.
We want oor game back
Rich

No I want suggesting that they cut to 1 I was suggesting a re-introduction of the champions cup for champions only perhaps running in parallel to the other Euro cups or at a different time I was suggesting that all countries champions would be interested in this especially if UEFA endorsed it. Will it happen? Unlikely but we can dream

Back