Europa League Draw - 12Noon Live on BT Sports 2

If we had fans I would be sure of big night performances, but bcd it could be a mixed bag of performances, no fans no big European atmosphere, the nights we look forward to as fans what's the point, apart from more money for these games than we get for winning the league these games this season are a hindrance to 10 in row, or may we raise our standard in these games and then kick on in the league? we will just have to wait and see🤔🤔🤞

If we had fans I would be sure of big night performances, but bcd it could be a mixed bag of performances, no fans no big European atmosphere, the nights we look forward to as fans what's the point, apart from more money for these games than we get for winning the league these games this season are a hindrance to 10 in row, or may we raise our standard in these games and then kick on in the league? we will just have to wait and see🤔🤔🤞
No problem just get 'walk on' piped into the stadium and a few hundred lifelike cardboard cutouts in the stadium , fs starting to sound like ibrox

I think it is a brilliant group for us as tough as it may seem for a few reasons
1) This group has a look of one that is worthy of a CL group and if we want to get back to competing at CL level we need to be able to beat the likes of these teams
2) The favourites tag has never really suited us in Europe
3) We have a slight advantage over the others as they will all be trying to gain CL football next season through there own leagues which can make this Thursday / Sunday extremely difficult, where we have that guaranteed
4) Competition for starting positions in these more glamorous fixtures should keep up our preformances in our main priority the 10iar
5) I personally have the jury out on weather Neil Lennon can take us to the next level as he is fine at domestic level but is he the right man to have us competing with the cream of European football? These 6 matches will give us all a good insight
7) We all know now that we need an established player for our left side, so should be able to attract such a player. It may mean spending the money instead of trying to get a player from the loose change in the pocket
8) I believe strongly in this group of players and with our high intensity game that we are well capable of playing and suits us better, none of the others will enjoy playing us, but we will them

I think we will qualify from this group and will set us up nicely for our most historic of seasons with a 10iar above all
HH

Lenny in Europe

Both Martin O'Neill and Gordon Strachan were brilliant at the former but it's Lennon who has found a cure to the club's long-standing travel sickness.

Lennon is undefeated in six consecutive European away games and that would have been inconceivable in days gone by.

His predecessor Brendan Rodgers had his highs under the Euro lights but his all-conquering side never looked as good as the current crop when taking on the top teams.

Lennon's confirmation as the club's permanent boss wasn't met with universal acclaim but any sceptics will have little to gripe about now.

Celtic are rewriting the history books and it's their ultimate Euro achiever in the dugout who is making it happen.

Lenny in Europe

Both Martin O'Neill and Gordon Strachan were brilliant at the former but it's Lennon who has found a cure to the club's long-standing travel sickness.

Lennon is undefeated in six consecutive European away games and that would have been inconceivable in days gone by.

His predecessor Brendan Rodgers had his highs under the Euro lights but his all-conquering side never looked as good as the current crop when taking on the top teams.

Lennon's confirmation as the club's permanent boss wasn't met with universal acclaim but any sceptics will have little to gripe about now.

Celtic are rewriting the history books and it's their ultimate Euro achiever in the dugout who is making it happen.
Sadly MD you are only really judged in Europe on how well you do in the CL.
I think we are still a good europa league team and building nicely for back to the CL group stages next season

Sadly MD you are only really judged in Europe on how well you do in the CL.
I think we are still a good europa league team and building nicely for back to the CL group stages next season

Thats the conundrum regarding Europe but i totally agree that your judged on getting to Champs league..We want to get to Champs league but games against the top sides were turning into massacres .. I love travelling to the big European cities for away games but the home games , watching us getting beaten, is a tough watch in CL..Europa league is our level at the moment and games are competitive but you dont get the CL riches to improve the team..
I honestly think beware , we are literally top of the league and so many players havent hit form yet..Only hype from across the city and their cheerleaders..Get Griff involved , give Turnbull ,Rogic a try..Duffy improving every game and Eddie will hit form ..Buy a fricking quality left wing back..This is like the Castagne moment with the rat , push the boat out as it could guarantee 10..How many times has Taylor found himself in brill positions and final cross or pass is poor..Why did we get rid of Johnny Hayes ?

.Why did we get rid of Johnny Hayes ?
Was a strange one though he is nearing the end of his career I'm wondering if lenny let him go so the club had no option but to bring in reinforcements and weve still to sort that out. I was glad to see young Calvin Miller get a contract at harrogate town , he can feel entitled to be a little aggrieved, banging in all those goals only to break into the starting XI as a left back? The messiah thought it would work it didnt and is akin to asking Griffiths to play left back , cracking young player wish him all the best. Probably be the next andy Robertson knowing our luck releasing players HH

Was a strange one though he is nearing the end of his career I'm wondering if lenny let him go so the club had no option but to bring in reinforcements and weve still to sort that out. I was glad to see young Calvin Miller get a contract at harrogate town , he can feel entitled to be a little aggrieved, banging in all those goals only to break into the starting XI as a left back? The messiah thought it would work it didnt and is akin to asking Griffiths to play left back , cracking young player wish him all the best. Probably be the next andy Robertson knowing our luck releasing players HH
Lenny said he wanted to keep Hayes so I can only assume it was someone higher up's decision to refuse to even offer Johnny an extension. A hard working Celtic fan who would have loved to have helped make history here, I don't think he was greedy or he would have been too difficult to negotiate from a financial perspective (FFS he rejoined Aberdeen and deferred all his wages for 12 months so they could close the deal).

I agree too about Calvin - another wasted great youth talent that we never gave a chance to.

Back