European football

Weedocbhoy60

How far can we go in this group. It wasn't the worst, I would've been happier with Copenhagen(no disrespect) than Lazio. A suprise( for me ) victory at ipox showed resolve, purpose and desire,but, mistakes are punished at CL level that can go unnoticed in the SPL.
In short Iam not overly confident despite what our manager says. I think we have to be realistic and not expect too much. Europa after XMAS would be progress for me.......
So bhoys and ghirls Iam a pessimist,optimist or a realist........
Or should we be HAPPY humpin-the-Huns.......
As always bhoys and ghirls your opinions please

Honestly mate I am genuinely worried. We have a good manager, a good squad but we are up against teams that have been delivering in latter stages of European comps, when they compete, for many years now. We are a club that has that fairytale element, as Cesar said, just fed up relying on the fairytale coming true.
P.s. I'd have been happier with Copenhagen too, but that's a bit selfish as I am here for work a lot just now.

It’s Rodgers “tactics” I’m worried about, we can’t and shouldn’t be trying to go toe to toe with the bigger teams, he tried that against PSG and Barcelona and got truly scudded, play defensively, soak up the pressure then counter attack quickly using the explosive pace of the Japanese bhoys……

How far can we go in this group. It wasn't the worst, I would've been happier with Copenhagen(no disrespect) than Lazio. A suprise( for me ) victory at ipox showed resolve, purpose and desire,but, mistakes are punished at CL level that can go unnoticed in the SPL.
In short Iam not overly confident despite what our manager says. I think we have to be realistic and not expect too much. Europa after XMAS would be progress for me.......
So bhoys and ghirls Iam a pessimist,optimist or a realist........
Or should we be HAPPY humpin-the-Huns.......
As always bhoys and ghirls your opinions please
Definitely not the hardest group we could have got pot 1 wise anyway but maybe the hardest team in pot 3 ....if we finish 3rd that would be great especially in a group with the Dutch champions/one of the biggest teams in Spain/team that finished 2nd in Italy.....I always feel like we have a chance tho 🤣 beating Lazio at parkhead is important and anything from first game against feyenoord is a bonus

It’s Rodgers “tactics” I’m worried about, we can’t and shouldn’t be trying to go toe to toe with the bigger teams, he tried that against PSG and Barcelona and got truly scudded, play defensively, soak up the pressure then counter attack quickly using the explosive pace of the Japanese bhoys……
Aye those PSG and Barca drubbings still make me shudder. Hopefully he’s added a bit more nous to his set ups for this season.

Definitely not the hardest group we could have got pot 1 wise anyway but maybe the hardest team in pot 3 ....if we finish 3rd that would be great especially in a group with the Dutch champions/one of the biggest teams in Spain/team that finished 2nd in Italy.....I always feel like we have a chance tho 🤣 beating Lazio at parkhead is important and anything from first game against feyenoord is a bonus
Aye, it’s not so much the draw as the uncertainty around our level with new manager in. They’re all good teams and I’m sure operating way above our budget. We’ve had some bloody noses from teams with less resources than us though so hopefully we can dish out a coupla slaps this time around,

Aye, it’s not so much the draw as the uncertainty around our level with new manager in. They’re all good teams and I’m sure operating way above our budget. We’ve had some bloody noses from teams with less resources than us though so hopefully we can dish out a coupla slaps this time around,
Yes definitely we should have more of an idea after Tuesday night mate (we are due a bit of luck in Europe) least we don't have man city real Madrid and AC Milan to deal with 🤣

Just happy to be there at this stage for me. All about the money. However, decent performances and any result is a great bonus.
It is about the money for the club, but that only really works if it is reinvested into the operations. I see we have spent good money on much needed indoor training facilities and coaching staff, but I would have liked another experienced player or two instead of hording profits in the bank (not wanting to reopen that topic again though).

But for us fans, it is all about enjoyment. For me it is a way to release our tension and escape the stresses of everyday life. I enjoy watching exciting football. I enjoy success and winning things. I enjoy competing even if we come up short.

I don't enjoy watching my team get battered like we were by PSG or Barca. So I hope Brendan has learned and plays to the strengths of our playing personnel baaed on our opponents rather than going gung-ho forcing his "philosophy" on the team and end up being pumped away from home because the opposition have superior players.

At least our group doesn't contain any of the really super-rich big guns, but they are all very high quality teams. I want to win a couple of home games and pick up points away from home. If we finish 3rd I'd be happy - anything better would be incredible. Mon the Hoops.

Last edited:
This group appears as one we can compete in though I'm wary of calling it an "easier group" as all clubs in this stage are top level winning clubs.
We and Feyenoord may be the only champions in the group but Atletico Madrid are amongst the favourites to make the ¼s at least and Lazio are far stronger than the side we beat in Europa league.

I'd like to see a return to fortress parkhead and capable of beating any side at home. The Feyenoord game away will show us where we're at right now and unfortunately we are lightweight for regular starters due to injuries.
Feyenoord also missing key men, might be down to who copes with that better.
Any kind of result in rotterdam would be a great start, I'd settle for 3rd as progress but I'm hoping for more even with a depleted squad.

Looking forward to feyenoord game on Tuesday great club great history Rotterdam is also a great city (they hate Ajax just like us🤣)hope we beat them but I hope they finish second behind us 🤣.....they have won 6-1 5-1 6-1 past 3 games (going to be hard task but we can do this 🍀)

Not really hugely optimistic
Under Ange we seemed to have a style and purpose that has not yet been embodied by a BR coached team. We have no plan of play that I can detect but I’m hopeful that will develop better against teams that don’t play a low block.
Anyway I would take third now with no drubbings.
HH

Not really hugely optimistic
Under Ange we seemed to have a style and purpose that has not yet been embodied by a BR coached team. We have no plan of play that I can detect but I’m hopeful that will develop better against teams that don’t play a low block.
Anyway I would take third now with no drubbings.
HH
You've pretty much summed up my own feelings Lmcbhoy; just get out without a drubbing. Like everyone else, I hope I'm proved wrong. Will be delighted if I'm eating humble pie at the final whistle.

Back