European Super League Approval

POD

The European Court has found UEFA and FIFA's blocking of a European Super League to be contrary to anti competitive EU law and therefore illegal. The hungry big cat amongst the pigeons.

Last edited:
Watching A22 presentation on the new European Super League proposa (live from Madrid on Sky Sports News). 64 teams, broke into three leagues (Star, Gold, Blue), promotion, relegation between leagues and also teams can drop out of blue league and other join dependant on domestic success.
Guaranteed 14 games per season, midweek, free to air streaming service to watch matches (funded by advertising).
Proposal is to replace CL, EL & ECL and the big clubs basically telling UEFA to fuck off we'll run it ourselves.
A22 is a Sports Management company set up develop and deliver a European Super League structure.

The proposal
It looks like a fairly good proposal even if I'm not 100% sure I agree with it. Personally I think UEFA are corrupt and incompetent so I'm not against them being excluded from the process and organisation of tournaments. Let's be honest, football has been fecked through money for so long now.

It is what happens beneath the blue tier that will be interesting - will they instigate a qualifying tournament in years to come? Possibly play-offs as teams in the blue tier do not want to fall off of the gravy train?

If UEFA's grip is loosened then can we then see clubs from different domestic countries coming together to merge & streamline their top leagues similar to the failed Atlantic League proposal? Or a British League? Or a North Sea League (Scotland, Belgium, Netherlands, Scandanavia/Nordic-Baltic, etc)?

IMO, how things pan out will be dictated by the financial backers rather than what fans really want - as is usually the case.

IF it goes ahead I think they would have been better off calling them the Gold, Silver and Bronze leagues, because thats effectively what they are. Or does the Olympics have the copyright on those names?
They'd probably call the top tier Platinum as it is worth more than gold. Maybe by naming them after the EU flag is their way of telling the English clubs (and us!) they aren't welcome because of Brexit?

Erm…….

Could admin perhaps merge the thread I just posted re this topic in to this one.

I didnae see this one when I posted it. Humble apologies to anyone offended…..and please don’t anyone be childish and say NAW!…
Feck it NAW
Ronseal oan it’s wiy

HH😆

Members online

Latest posts

Back