Ex Celtic Players

rpw

I am apologise if this has already been covered, I know it probably has elsewhere.

With the quite farcical Sky Sports coverage of Livingstone's home game yesterday being in the headlines - what does everyone think of the was ex Celtic players portray themselves in the media ?

Over the past few weeks a few guys in particular have had a bit of flack thrown at them, and I am totally ignoring serial culprits like Andy Walker. Why is it that once they are on TV, radio or even being interviewed for a newspaper they appear to totally change from when they wore the hoops ?

Even guys that I admired coaching or managing other teams, Jim Duffy being an example suddenly slag Celtic off for no real reason, people might think I am being OTT but I actually watched the Celtic Ladies game yesterday and even in gaelic Julie Fleeting was saying the Celtic Ladies team were kicking the Glasgow City players off the park. It is never ending - ex players from other teams that play in or around Glasgow don't behave like this and I would really like to see some of the guys in the media giving us more support.

I am apologise if this has already been covered, I know it probably has elsewhere.

With the quite farcical Sky Sports coverage of Livingstone's home game yesterday being in the headlines - what does everyone think of the was ex Celtic players portray themselves in the media ?

Over the past few weeks a few guys in particular have had a bit of flack thrown at them, and I am totally ignoring serial culprits like Andy Walker. Why is it that once they are on TV, radio or even being interviewed for a newspaper they appear to totally change from when they wore the hoops ?

Even guys that I admired coaching or managing other teams, Jim Duffy being an example suddenly slag Celtic off for no real reason, people might think I am being OTT but I actually watched the Celtic Ladies game yesterday and even in gaelic Julie Fleeting was saying the Celtic Ladies team were kicking the Glasgow City players off the park. It is never ending - ex players from other teams that play in or around Glasgow don't behave like this and I would really like to see some of the guys in the media giving us more support.

I have my own ideas on this as well as why ex HUNS players never criticise Rangers or SEVCO

Some ex Celtic players who have turned to the media for their income have no qualms about slating or criticising our Club whereas the likes of Derek Johnstone Barry Ferguson Kris Boyd for starters never seem to have a bad thing to say about the HUNS

I assert that this is to do with their membership of secret societies and oaths that they take during initiation to such societies

Whereas there will be no doubt that some ex Celtic players may also be or have been members of such societies there would be no pressure on them not to detract from embarass or criticise their former Club from their peers in such societies

The main protagonists are as far as I can figure out are Andy Walker Craig Burley Charlie Nicholarse more recently Kris Commons and to an extent Davie Provan

Whether these or any of these feel duty bound for whatever reason to criticise Celtic at the least opportunity I cannot confirm or deny but some do appear to take delight in doing so Perhaps they feel aggrieved by the way they were treated by our Club when they were playing for us or perhaps their current employers are putting pressure on them and paying them handsomely for dirt dishing and shit stirring the same current employers who are issuing orders to ex HUNS players not to reciprocate

HH?

Reactions: rpw
When in Rome.....

The agenda is driven by the editorial policy.

This policy in most cases is pro Hun and anti Celtic. If you take the coin you dance to the sound of a flute. It's that simple imo.

Tom Boyd, Tosh, Tommy Coyne and a few others had short careers as pundits due to they refusing to play the Media game. Walker, Provan, Burley, McLeod, Wilson, Nicholas and now Commons have all sold their souls for the coin.

Bonner, Sutton and Strachan play different games.

Tom Boyd, Tosh, Tommy Coyne and a few others had short careers as pundits due to they refusing to play the Media game. Walker, Provan, Burley, McLeod, Wilson, Nicholas and now Commons have all sold their souls for the coin.

Bonner, Sutton and Strachan play different games.
Tommy Coyne was in my brother's class at school and ALL he ever wanted to do was play for Celtic I couldn't ever imagine him criticise Celtic

Mark Wilson tends to give fair comment on Celtic from what I've heard

Walker Burley and Nicholarse are just pricks

HH?

Back