Ex-Players

JmSG

Hello, I'm looking for information on former celtic players between 1986 and 1990, I don't know if they could help me.
Looking for information on various websites I can find their positions in the field, but I would like to ask them about them.

Danny McGrain was primarily a right-back, did he play enough how left-back to consider him his secondary position?

In the case of Tommy Burns, it was mainly a left midfielder, it could be his secondary position a left-back ? or maybe more left-winger?

Derek Whyte was primarily a central defender, but could he have also played as a left back?

Hello, I'm looking for information on former celtic players between 1986 and 1990, I don't know if they could help me.
Looking for information on various websites I can find their positions in the field, but I would like to ask them about them.

Danny McGrain was primarily a right-back, did he play enough how left-back to consider him his secondary position?

In the case of Tommy Burns, it was mainly a left midfielder, it could be his secondary position a left-back ? or maybe more left-winger?

Derek Whyte was primarily a central defender, but could he have also played as a left back?
Danny McGrain actually played many games for Scotland as left back to accommodate Sandy Jardine as right back. The pair of them were selected for these positions in the "Greatest Ever Scotland Team" about 11-12 years ago, that's how brilliant Danny was that the fans voted him as our greatest ever player for a position he rarely played.

Danny McGrain actually played many games for Scotland as left back to accommodate Sandy Jardine as right back. The pair of them were selected for these positions in the "Greatest Ever Scotland Team" about 11-12 years ago, that's how brilliant Danny was that the fans voted him as our greatest ever player for a position he rarely played.
Danny was probably good enough to play any position on the park and be effective. I think he started off as a midfielder when he was a kitten?

Danny was probably good enough to play any position on the park and be effective. I think he started off as a midfielder when he was a kitten?
He was genuinely world class and would be worth a fortune today. He was like a modern day wing back flying up and down the pitch all day long, yet he could defend as well as anyone in the game. The heart of a lion who overcame career threatening injuries and illness to win so much in the game. Yet he remained humble with a great sense of humour too. He was a fantastic player and is an even better human being.

He was genuinely world class and would be worth a fortune today. He was like a modern day wing back flying up and down the pitch all day long, yet he could defend as well as anyone in the game. The heart of a lion who overcame career threatening injuries and illness to win so much in the game. Yet he remained humble with a great sense of humour too. He was a fantastic player and is an even better human being.
Bang on.šŸ‘

Celtic wiki page will give you all the info you need

Thank you very much to Bridie Bhoy and Steviebhoy67 for your informative contributions, and in response to Kelly, if I know and look at the profiles on the "Celtic wiki" page, but I am interested in asking celtic fans, since some of them saw them play and and they can do interesting contributions like those made by Bridie Bhoy and Steviebhoy67, they can confirm for the other two players?

Derek white IMO purely a centre half , Tommy burns could and would of played anywhere for Celtic the positions were different in those days, team often played with an inside left and a outside left tommy could play both
No worries a fantastic footballer , a true gentleman and 100% , 1 of our own

Thank you very much to Bridie Bhoy and Steviebhoy67 for your informative contributions, and in response to Kelly, if I know and look at the profiles on the "Celtic wiki" page, but I am interested in asking celtic fans, since some of them saw them play and and they can do interesting contributions like those made by Bridie Bhoy and Steviebhoy67, they can confirm for the other two players?
Thank god am not a Celtic fan

Back