Ex-Players

Could you help me with Tony Shepherd ??, i only find information that he played as a midfielder, on Celtic wiki they describe him as "hard running midfielder", does anyone remember what position he played or what type of player he was ?. Very thanks.

Came through the youths he's from wishaw played in the 10 role , didn't make to much of an impact in the team as we had too much talent in that dept

He was sent off in the league cup final against the oldco when the ref got hit with a coin , rather than look around and ask what happened to him he red carded the first Celtic player he saw , then telt him to stay on

Last edited by a moderator:
Came through the youths he's from wishaw played in the 10 role , didn't make to much of an impact in the team as we had too much talent in that dept

He was sent off in the scottish cup final against the oldco when the ref got hit with a coin , rather than look around and ask what happened to him he red carded the first Celtic player he saw , then telt him to stay on

Ref thought he’d been hit wi A Rosary bead
Remember that game typical spec saving useless Masonic cnut.

HH 🍀

He was sent off in the scottish cup final against the oldco when the ref got hit with a coin , rather than look around and ask what happened to him he red carded the first Celtic player he saw , then telt him to stay on

Aye - his first instinct was to send off a Tim, rather than find out what actually happened! 🤬

Not sure about all of these ex players being discussed, but with the news on Celtic Star that there's been 'movement' regarding RES 12 with the wigs at UEFA.....I sincerely wish we had an ex CEO in that self serving piece of deceptive shit, Peter Lawwell.

Lawwell is a disgusting abuser as Celtic chairman.
He treats Celtic fans with utter contempt and is only interested in daylight theft with another huge rise in his pay check...while the majority of fans struggle to raise finance for new ST's.

He is complicit in all of this....because if our CEO doesn't know EVERYTHING that goes on against our club, a club that we pay top dollar for...including the contents of the 5WA, then this is contemptuous and shows he clearly operates on another agenda.
Instant dismissal should be immediate.......he is a detestable creature and must not be tolerated beyond the next AGM.

Lawwell out NOW

Not sure about all of these ex players being discussed, but with the news on Celtic Star that there's been 'movement' regarding RES 12 with the wigs at UEFA.....I sincerely wish we had an ex CEO in that self serving piece of deceptive shit, Peter Lawwell.

Lawwell is a disgusting abuser as Celtic chairman.
He treats Celtic fans with utter contempt and is only interested in daylight theft with another huge rise in his pay check...while the majority of fans struggle to raise finance for new ST's.

He is complicit in all of this....because if our CEO doesn't know EVERYTHING that goes on against our club, a club that we pay top dollar for...including the contents of the 5WA, then this is contemptuous and shows he clearly operates on another agenda.
Instant dismissal should be immediate.......he is a detestable creature and must not be tolerated beyond the next AGM.

Lawwell out NOW
Think we awe know why Pedro and Dermot wanted Res12 booted tgjc,4 'old' firm games,tv money and sponsorship,all the while treating the 'customers' with contempt!

Thanks for the clarification, and in the video, curious celtic lineup, he came out with all the artillery ... McGhee, McInally, Johnston and McClair.

Hello, I'm looking for information on former celtic players between 1986 and 1990, I don't know if they could help me.
Looking for information on various websites I can find their positions in the field, but I would like to ask them about them.

Danny McGrain was primarily a right-back, did he play enough how left-back to consider him his secondary position?

In the case of Tommy Burns, it was mainly a left midfielder, it could be his secondary position a left-back ? or maybe more left-winger?

Derek Whyte was primarily a central defender, but could he have also played as a left back?

Derek Whytes bird used to work in the flaggy in anniesland ....big Derek used to go there for his sunbeds

Back