Famous and memorable Celtic commentary......

Docco

Name the goal and game....?

1 "No Woods in goal..and its a goal..."
2 "Thats a tantalizing ball....goal is given"
3 "...........is this a bit of history?...it is!!!!.."
4 "Theres Burns...that was magnificent"
5 "Celtic in full cry now as McClair get free on the right..theres Johnston...Absolutely magnificent"
6 " A lower one this time...it must be.."

Last edited:
not sure the commentary is memorable

But since it was the last ever game against Ha Ha McCoist and the real Rangers men

Lot of those players walked for free to other clubs since their club contracts ceased to exist since the club they signed for ceased to exist.

Its also an enjoyable match to rewatch imo

OK.

1. Pass
2. Pass
3. 1985 Scottish Cup Final (it's on YouTube)
4. Pass
5. Pass
6. 1988 Scottish Cup Final (also on YouTube)

Rather than having to deal with the drudgery of taking an exam, how about asking folks what their favorite (or top 5, or whatever) Celtic commentary might be?

I'll start with a few.

"Callum McGregor's corner . . . Boyata knocks it down . . . Brown . . . deflected from the captain. We'll be having that one again. This is what champions do." (Celtic-Kilmarnock 2019)

"Celtic's Number 5, on the day we commemorate the greatest Number 5 of all, has given Celtic the lead!" (Celtic-Kilmarnock 2019)

"Nakamura . . . his first Old Firm goal, and typically, it's a beauty!" (Celtic-Rangers 2007, I think. Thanks, YouTube)

"Samaras takes over . . . it's Hooper . . . He's Gary Hooper and he comes with a guarantee of goals on derby day in Glasgow" (Celtic-Rangers, don't know which year, ditto YouTube)

One of the best ones is the most recent:

"Rome, conquered." (Chris Sutton, Celtic-Lazio, 2019)

OK.

1. Pass
2. Pass
3. 1985 Scottish Cup Final (it's on YouTube)
4. Pass
5. Pass
6. 1988 Scottish Cup Final (also on YouTube)

Rather than having to deal with the drudgery of taking an exam, how about asking folks what their favorite (or top 5, or whatever) Celtic commentary might be?

I'll start with a few.

"Callum McGregor's corner . . . Boyata knocks it down . . . Brown . . . deflected from the captain. We'll be having that one again. This is what champions do." (Celtic-Kilmarnock 2019)

"Celtic's Number 5, on the day we commemorate the greatest Number 5 of all, has given Celtic the lead!" (Celtic-Kilmarnock 2019)

"Nakamura . . . his first Old Firm goal, and typically, it's a beauty!" (Celtic-Rangers 2007, I think. Thanks, YouTube)

"Samaras takes over . . . it's Hooper . . . He's Gary Hooper and he comes with a guarantee of goals on derby day in Glasgow" (Celtic-Rangers, don't know which year, ditto YouTube)

One of the best ones is the most recent:

"Rome, conquered." (Chris Sutton, Celtic-Lazio, 2019)

Those ones I mentioned are my favourite ones....as a teenager, pre internet, YouTube etc, I used to watch the matches obsessively taped from sportscene and scotsport

1 "No Woods in goal..and its a goal..."
2 "Thats a tantalizing ball....goal is given"
3 "...........is this a bit of history?...it is!!!!.."
4 "Theres Burns...that was magnificent"
5 "Celtic in full cry now as McClair get free on the right..theres Johnston...Absolutely magnificent"
6 " A lower one this time...it must be.."
1 - maccas goal v the Huns centenary year after lex bailie had destroyed Chris woods at a cross ball and Roberts had to take over in the Hun goals...again!

2. Winning goal v hearts in the centenary year cup semi final

3. Provan v Dundee United 1985 cup final

4. Tommy burns volley v thistle, centenary year

5. Johnston's goal v st.mirren , league winning day in 86... Best team goal I've ever seen..

6. Winning goal v Dundee United, centenary year cup final

Great memories from the days when you were lucky to get recorded highlights of the games and all of these should be etched in the minds of every Celtic supporter from my generation

Would have to be the boavista away game when the commentator says something like " and now its Larsson, how Celtic could do with something from their talisman now" of course Larsson scores within seconds of that never forget it HH

Back