Fave Concert

MD still the best bit of busking to brighten my day what a voice, you hear the gratitude and humbleness in a genuine thanks for the gifts.
Great song. Great story behind the Otis Redding version, too. In short, Steve Cropper of Booker T and the MGs (and Stax producer/engineer in Memphis) had a version of the song already set (what you now hear as the Otis Redding version) and Jerry Wexler at A&M wanted to release something quickly after Otis died. So Steve sent him the stereo version, and Wexler didn't like it and wanted him to redo it. Then Cropper sent him the same tape, only in mono instead of stereo, and Wexler loved it and that's how he convinced the record exec to release it :D

Used tae play that sittin in the marina Carrick on Shannon (disnae rhyme! ano!) but the tourists were up rentin the cruisers!!!! instant party cash and free bevvy!!!!! happy daze!
Any Stranglers concert for me been watching them since my first gig in 1982
Got smuggled in with my big brother n his mates at greens playhouse which became the famous Apollo, but seen The Doors minus James Douglas Morrison and John Densmore at the SECC was amazing even without half the band
Also the clash the ramones the damned, oh jeso wish I hadn't been asked that question 😂😂
'76 heard them fuck it very few punks then in Leith! "Walking on the peaches looking at the peaches"😉😂😂

Were any of you bhoys or ghirls at the U2 concert at Murrayfield...aboot 1984 I think...backed up by The Pogues, The Mission and others ….It was the Joshua Tree tour
Aye. August 1987. I got to the very front. It was scorching and lots of folk passing out with the heat. I remember Shane trying to read the next song of the list taped to the ground and stumbling forward about 10 yards before nosediving - fortunately his face broke his fall. The most impressive part was he never spilt a drop of his drink.

Great song. Great story behind the Otis Redding version, too. In short, Steve Cropper of Booker T and the MGs (and Stax producer/engineer in Memphis) had a version of the song already set (what you now hear as the Otis Redding version) and Jerry Wexler at A&M wanted to release something quickly after Otis died. So Steve sent him the stereo version, and Wexler didn't like it and wanted him to redo it. Then Cropper sent him the same tape, only in mono instead of stereo, and Wexler loved it and that's how he convinced the record exec to release it :D
Mutha fucker gone stole ma story ma kids devastated..... sandman.😉🤣🤣

Great thread thread, great memories, apart from the time ah wore a parka at an ac/dc gig,and aw these wee dweebs were goin "look, there's a mod", started gettin ugly, until ah said "when hiv ye ever seen a mod wi' a phuqin beard!!!!,calmed them, confused them phuq knows, Back in Black tour RIP Bon!

Great thread thread, great memories, apart from the time ah wore a parka at an ac/dc gig,and aw these wee dweebs were goin "look, there's a mod", started gettin ugly, until ah said "when hiv ye ever seen a mod wi' a phuqin beard!!!!,calmed them, confused them phuq knows, Back in Black tour RIP Bon!
Back tae the tic something no ticking mate.postions mibbe? 🤔

Yup, been great thead so much to remember. Have a good night all i'm offsky. Looking at my tree with its star, it's got 5 points on it for some reason that seams relevant, but can't think why? Oh well never mind night night.

Two, actually: One for the music and one for the situation.

Saw Frank Zappa when he was touring after recording "Sheik Yerbouti," and he was great. This is probably my all-time favorite.

But I saw The WHO in Orlando in the mid-'80s, which was OK, but the opening bands were a little odd: Pat Benetar (she was OK) and the B-52s. Yes, the B-52s, who I particularly thought were OK, but not with The WHO and Pat Benetar. It was at a stadium -- I want to say the Citrus Bowl? -- and my younger brothers and I would go, like, 18 hours prior to the gates opening and be one of the first people in. They would rush to the front and I'd just hang in the back until the end of the concert and afterward we'd just meet up and go home. Anyway Benetar and her band played and she was good, there was a pause, and then the B-52s came on, and they started playing, and the rockers really wanted something more, um, edgy I guess. People started throwing things on stage after the first couple of songs and during the thrid, a shoe flew on stage, followed by several shoes, and then by scores of shoes. They stopped playing and left the stage and Daltrey Townshend and company came on about two hours later.

When we got back to the car, my brothers didn't have their shoes, which made the 200-mile drive to back to Miami pretty interesting.

Saw Frank Zappa when he was touring after recording "Sheik Yerbouti," and he was great. This is probably my all-time favorite.

But I saw The WHO in Orlando in the mid-'80s, which was OK, but the opening bands were a little odd: Pat Benetar (she was OK) and the B-52s. Yes, the B-52s, who I particularly thought were OK, but not with The WHO and Pat Benetar. It was at a stadium -- I want to say the Citrus Bowl? -- and my younger brothers and I would go, like, 18 hours prior to the gates opening and be one of the first people in. They would rush to the front and I'd just hang in the back until the end of the concert and afterward we'd just meet up and go home. Anyway Benetar and her band played and she was good, there was a pause, and then the B-52s came on, and they started playing, and the rockers really wanted something more, um, edgy I guess. People started throwing things on stage after the first couple of songs and during the thrid, a shoe flew on stage, followed by several shoes, and then by scores of shoes. They stopped playing and left the stage and Daltrey Townshend and company came on about two hours later.

When we got back to the car, my brothers didn't have their shoes, which made the 200-mile drive to back to Miami pretty interesting.
Fessin up up time Larry, for the Bro's!!!

I had my shoes on -- I like the B-52s -- but I didn't think it was a good pairing with the other bands. They always ran to the front at every concert, but I always hung back and tried enjoying the music.
Ah have a recurrin' nightmare Larry, the B52's and REM! Aaaarrgghh!

Frank Zappa Wow would've love to have seen him!! Your a lucky man or should I say muffin man😂

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back