Favourite Headed Celtic Goal

Spoiled for choice here: only one winner for me, though. Big Billy's goal Scottish Cup Final 1965 !
The closing of a dark abysmal chapter in our history, and the opening of a veritable tsunami of trophy-laden success. Unbridled joy topped, of course, with the capture of Big Ears !
A couple of contenders would be Billy again; European cup against Vojvodina Novi Sad 1967.
Vennegoor of Hesselink agains the dark side, last minute; the very definition of ecstasy !

Spoiled for choice here: only one winner for me, though. Big Billy's goal Scottish Cup Final 1965 !
The closing of a dark abysmal chapter in our history, and the opening of a veritable tsunami of trophy-laden success. Unbridled joy topped, of course, with the capture of Big Ears !
A couple of contenders would be Billy again; European cup against Vojvodina Novi Sad 1967.
Vennegoor of Hesselink agains the dark side, last minute; the very definition of ecstasy !
100% Frank, I was right behind the goal and you could just feel that was coming...my favourite, headed goal, although in more recent years, big Jan Vennegoor's header against the Sons of William, had me up off my seat, and screaming loud enough to waken the house, as the cross came in and wee Skippy headed it across goal, where the big man dived to head it in YAAAASSSSS !!!

I was right behind that goal with three of my brothers, Richy . Got a photo of Billy towering above everybody; it's framed in black and white. And etched forever in my mind and heart.
That must be a great memory for you Frank. Footballs a great memory aid, ye remember where you were, who you were with for all the big games. Especially in the old days when a live TV game was a rarity, everybody would get a “Kerry oot” for the game. It was a social event.

100% Frank, I was right behind the goal and you could just feel that was coming...my favourite, headed goal, although in more recent years, big Jan Vennegoor's header against the Sons of William, had me up off my seat, and screaming loud enough to waken the house, as the cross came in and wee Skippy headed it across goal, where the big man dived to head it in YAAAASSSSS !!!
Ach Dill you beat me to it, that was Wee Shades first game against the hun, so big JVoh's goal will live long in the memory....and funnily enough I've also got a signed photo of him pealing away after scoring... But unlike Frank's mine is in colour 😂😂

Also love the one Big Billy scored in the 69 Cup Final massacre.... Can still see him heading it now and I was only a wean at the time..

Latest posts

Back