Finally the Orange Bigots tell it like it is

Heres a new one.

I found out today while doing a bit of reading, I thought what the feck that got to be nonsense, but alas, it seems its actually true.

The Prince of Orange was a title that I assumed was to do with a state in Holland.

But it turns out it was a title held by the Holy Roman Emperor that was passed down to Prussian princes and eventually found its way onto a line in the family who resided in Holland.

William the third Prince of Orange was indeed a Dutchman but he held a title to principality in South of France region, once held by the Kingdom of Burgundy.

During the William v the French Sun King wars

King Louis 14th added the principality to France but allowed William to retain the title which had no assets in the Principality.

In effect, its an empty title. It means nothing, and has no real significance to Holland.

Makes you wonder what the Orange Order are actually all about.

A French principality held by a Dutchman, married to the daughter of the King of England would later have marches from Scotland to Boyne in commemoration of a religious war that never actually took place.

reminds a wee bit of sevco

except the have they assets without the deeds of a suicide club

Prince William of Orange had the title but none of the assets of Orange.

:p

Heres a new one.

I found out today while doing a bit of reading, I thought what the feck that got to be nonsense, but alas, it seems its actually true.

The Prince of Orange was a title that I assumed was to do with a state in Holland.

But it turns out it was a title held by the Holy Roman Emperor that was passed down to Prussian princes and eventually found its way onto a line in the family who resided in Holland.

William the third Prince of Orange was indeed a Dutchman but he held a title to principality in South of France region, once held by the Kingdom of Burgundy.

King Louis 14th added the principality to France but allowed William to retain the title which had no assets in the Principality.

In effect, its an empty title. It means nothing, and has no real significance to Holland.

A French principality held by a Dutchman, married to the daughter of the King of England would later have marches from Scotland to Boyne in commemoration of a religious war that never actually took place.

So where's ra deeds?

Heres a new one.

Hollow Holland

That farce crack sanity right up. Hide when wars are on but love to march march march.

Members online

Latest posts

Back