Food for thought?

Imatim

Copy and paste from CQN

STAIRHEEDRAMMY on 4TH JANUARY 2019 9:39 AM

For those wondering why our club are noticeable in their reluctance to call out the cheating in Scottish football imagine this scenario

A football club, built on religious intolerance and seen as a conduit through which the local population can fairly safely express their bigotry is struggling having been caught cheating the UK tax man.

Our club, through their politically driven chairman have publicly announced that we will no longer be discriminated against and this is seen as threatening the status quo at this crucial time

The government have recently thrown their efforts towards a publicly highlighted campaign to reduce sectarianism at football, which in reality includes new powers to criminalise the Irishness that much of the population find offensive

The police, keen to attract additional funding, accept government hints that one club is rocking the boat and agree to “help out”

Celtic are then mysteriously reported for discriminatory chants to both local and international football authorities, with warnings of further sanctions depending on future behaviour.

Celtic then accept the status quo and keep quiet no matter what.

It could never happen, could it.

I long believed that our club representatives were compiling a case to bring before the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

I long believed that these same representatives had lost faith in the local governance and that the only theatre where they would receive justice would be to circumnavigate all bodies relating to football.

I long believed that the biggest stumbling block in these efforts was the lack of tangible and solid evidence to proceed with. There is a whole stack of circumstantial evidence, but that (in and of itself) may not quite be the smoking gun needed to provide conclusive proof of negligence, corruption, collusion and wrongdoing.

I long believed that there were key figures (not even remotely associated with our club) who had access to the payload which would blow the whole thing wide open and that these key figures were putting themselves 'up for sale' when they resigned from their previous posts.

I may as well have believed that the tooth fairy and unicorns exist.

Celtic and Celtic fans have been called paranoid throughout the whole of the last century right up to present day. We have been accused of propagating an Anti-Catholic, Anti-Irish, Anti-Celtic conspiracy myth to counteract the popularly held belief that a now-liquidated club were the most skillful, most adept and most successful team in Scotland.

Our fears and paranoia were proven to have foundation when that club the others lauded went headfirst into the blender and became freshly squeezed orange juice.

However, it would appear that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

The institutions of this country are rotten to the core. Even those parties that may have once embraced tolerance were terrified of losing popularity among the majority demographic of this country.

We have long accepted that no one else is going to act on our behalf, so we can only ever depend upon ourselves to take the actions necessary to enforce change.

Whatever we achieve will be accomplished only by our own efforts. It will not be achieved on a level-playing field, it will be achieved against overwhelming odds, as EVERY institution in this country will fight tooth and nail to prevent us from fulfilling our destiny.

If our club representatives are remaining silent to prevent recriminations against the fans, then at least stand up and say that. They may even receive our gratitude and favour, if not total acceptance.

But to use their terminology, don't fucking surrender our principles for the sake of a quiet life because that is intolerable.

I'd rather go down fighting, biting, scratching and pulling hair, than just sit there quietly accepting the unfair rule of others.

I long believed that our club representatives were compiling a case to bring before the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

I long believed that these same representatives had lost faith in the local governance and that the only theatre where they would receive justice would be to circumnavigate all bodies relating to football.

I long believed that the biggest stumbling block in these efforts was the lack of tangible and solid evidence to proceed with. There is a whole stack of circumstantial evidence, but that (in and of itself) may not quite be the smoking gun needed to provide conclusive proof of negligence, corruption, collusion and wrongdoing.

I long believed that there were key figures (not even remotely associated with our club) who had access to the payload which would blow the whole thing wide open and that these key figures were putting themselves 'up for sale' when they resigned from their previous posts.

Celtic and Celtic fans have been called paranoid throughout the whole of the last century right up to present day. We have been accused of propagating an Anti-Catholic, Anti-Irish, Anti-Celtic conspiracy myth to counteract the popularly held belief that a now-liquidated club were the most skillful, most adept and most successful team in Scotland.

Our fears and paranoia were proven to have foundation when that club the others lauded went headfirst into the blender and became freshly squeezed orange juice.

However, it would appear that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

The institutions of this country are rotten to the core. Even those parties that may have once embraced tolerance were terrified of losing popularity among the majority demographic of this country.

We have long accepted that no one else is going to act on our behalf, so we can only ever depend upon ourselves to take the actions necessary to enforce change.

Whatever we achieve will be accomplished only by our own efforts. It will not be achieved on a level-playing field, it will be achieved against overwhelming odds, as EVERY institution in this country will fight tooth and nail to prevent us from fulfilling our destiny.

If our club representatives are remaining silent to prevent recriminations against the fans, then at least stand up and say that. They may even receive our gratitude and favour, if not total acceptance.

But to use their terminology, don't fucking surrender our principles for the sake of a quiet life because that is intolerable.

I'd rather go down fighting, biting, scratching and pulling hair, than just sit there quietly accepting the unfair rule of others.
Hit the nail on the head SP, a lot of fans have been saintly in their patience but the current mood shows that it's wearing thin to say the least, silence on the attack on the bus rolling into the crumbledome, silence on the most blatant cheating in a long time, now being mocked by pictures of a goat molesting ref enjoying a beer with fellow knucledraggers. Still nothing from the board, it beggars belief that they are still underestimating the current anger amongst us.

That was a wonderful post (y)

How depressingly true?

Back