Forgive and Forget

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ange does alright…..he has been underestimated before, and he seems to thrive on folk righting him off…..If he gets the players and fans believing in his ideas imo he will surprise a few people…

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned Tottenham around, but its a big ask. They've been on the slide since they lost UCL Final.

Mind you if he thinks he can find Maguires form(file that under a💩 Calvin Bassey)

Frankistein couldn't jump start it, (Baldy Dutch Cxnt at United

Maguire...?...Harry Maguire...?
The guy with the face, like a ripped oot fireplace ?
Guy's a fucking donkey
If that's Spurs level of intent for next season, they'll be lucky to escape relagation
But, hey ho, it's the Monopoly money league so, who knows ?

Maguire...?...Harry Maguire...?
The guy with the face, like a ripped oot fireplace ?
Guy's a fucking donkey
If that's Spurs level of intent for next season, they'll be lucky to escape relagation
But, hey ho, it's the Monopoly money league so, who knows ?
What a player that guy is D and here's the poof proof sorry bloody predictive text its almost like it knows what im gonny say

What I like about him is he sees things nobody else does until hes done it, goes past players like they're not there, no sorry I think I've got that bit backwards aye.

In the EPL though £8 million isn't that much.
Oh ! £80 million was it? Hmmm🤔 ouch!

Still he is their captain 🙈

One of the things I like about man utd is they don't care how much a player costs, they'll give him away for nothing if anybody wants him.
Charitable club thingymyjig.

Loads of interested parties as well this time of year

Dammit!
Predictive text.
I meant there's lots of interesting parties this time of year. 🤣

Last edited:
Wonder what Steve McClaren's up to these days???.......
Vot? Steffen McClaren ?
I does believe that thee cloub Manchester of United have a made en decision to hire Steffen as a to be as an assistant manager person for de hewuge cloub Manchester of United

He's is a half dutch of course for sure because he did he was he spent at least zix moonths in der nederlands so he be halve dutch by now this time 😅

Brendan Rodgers is being highly quoted to be our next manager. There no denying his ability.But can we trust him. Myself I would be willing to take the chance
Joking aside Danny Bhoy, in all seriousness.
Nobody blames Rodgers for having ambition to work at the top which he did when he was funded and delivered for Leicester.

The leaving however, if he had said for example " I want you to understand I've ambition as former Liverpool manager to return to that arena, to manage at the top level again" .

No one would've batted an eye lid bar in disappointment but he said the opposite , so many times and of course there's 10 sides to stories like these but " why wouldvi want to leave here? I have my dream job, manager of the team I supported as a kid and growing up, why would I leave that for a mid table club?"

His achievements as celtic manager domestically are second only to THE one jock Stein and his abilities are undeniable.

The continuous hunskelkping, records galore, when he was manager , he was like God's wee brother .

That I will never forget.

We were so so close to the 9&10 th title iar and he walked out on us.

On top of that ( imo of course) he put one of our greatest and most successful managers & servant in an almost impossible position.

Neil Lennon true club legend who incredibly still managed to lift the team just enough domestically to see the 9 out and see the quadreble through.

Could go on all night and week.

It's your opinion Danny Bhoy and you're as entitled to it as anyone else is theirs.

I cant forget , its not possible for me, I'm still in personal rehab about the forgive part too.

As a Celtic supporter all my childhood/adult life , 50 years old now so I'm into my 5th decade of supporting our club.

Obviously the worst was the 90s darkest days when we were cheated on and off the park ( less said of that the better).

The Whites and the Kelly's , what they did etc almost killed us off for greed.

What's that to do with it probably asking,
It's another example of i cannot forget and forgive that , never.

They tainted us all, and truthfully imo believed Celtic was theirs but found out no its all of ours together we are a force , stick together this club achieves the incredible.

Rodgers achieved the incredible on tbe field but off it ?
He might as well have been our slippy ( really harsh words I know but hear me out) .

We hadn't achieved the treble treble yet and NFL came back and had to work with a bunch of guys who wouldn't walk over cold water for him never mind run through a brick wall as they say.

Lennon would manage Celtic for peanuts £100 a week lol , and a budget of zero £s per year just academy players if need be and was needed to be many times (covid).

The long and short , whatever really happened Rodgers was dishonest with us all every link he lied " my dream" etc.

Perhaps it was, I could believe that but Danny Bhoy you like I and all of us here and at the stadium on matchdays, our money , it doesn't grow on trees and is limited and finite.

Compare to BR or Ange, Lenny, they are millionaires all of them, add lawell to that.

They know how we struggle financially to provide for family and loved ones , food, clothing, power everything and all we sacrifice for our Celtic.

Even if he come out and said " I want that job , wish it wasn't right now, but there are things that you don't know and legally ( perhaps) I cannot speak of it.

He chose not to, again his perogative I just wish to be told the truth and not years later because that's just protecting lawell or DD, something very wrong , dream job to I'm off just like that.

Why? We still don't know the whole truth just bits.
Did he have to sign a non disclosure agreement?
If not why not just tell us now what really REALLY happened, how from so good to so horrific so quickly?

I'll guestimate as a 50yr old were possibly same generation.both started paying ourselves in to the bhoys gate once old enough, so I wonder ( not that much ) cos we're talking about it how much money have I spent on celtic in my lifetime?

Not important because when you love something moneys irrelevant but I think it deserves both you , I and everyone else who's devoted our lives to our Celtic's destiny the truth.

Like a relationship Danny Bhoy, say for example Billy has been with senga for 50 years invested his life time to be lied to or secrets kept.

It's cheating , unfaithful , we deserve better.
We have had incredible success on the field and unbelievable hypocrisy off it over the years and still right now not getting the truth .

Give me and all of us who pay for the club all these years the honesty we deserve
We wouldn't have a celtic if it wasn't for us Danny Bhoy and like the kellys/Whites before its not DDs club just cos hes put money in.

When Brendan Rodgers tells us the truth or someone tells us all perhaps then I can forgive and forget but until then I feel I'm being taken for a using if that makes sense.

What are you hiding DD, PL, BR, LENNY #2 Because we all know we've not been told the truth just little bits here and there.

I'd love to forgive and forget, move on but like the relationship analogy , how can I when I know for fact I'm being lied to somewhere for I don't know what.

Rant over HH 1🍀

As other have said, I agree, Ange is now simply part of our history. Thanks but I no longer have any interest in you.
Dont get me wrong you left me gutted, like getting dumped bu the love of your life. But hey I’ll get over it just as long as the dating agency don’t put up Brendan Rogers as my match to help my healing.
HH

I doubt it will happen but I would take him back because he is a proven winner his stats proves it.
The reason I would take him back is I hate the huns more than I hate him. HH
Like yourself, scotcel, I would be surprised if BR returned. The whole debacle surrounding his departure has left very deep feelings of betrayal.
I struggle to recall any period when we as supporters felt such animosity towards a departing manager.
From his perspective, he would be under unbelievable pressure from day one.
Could he, or anyone else, handle that ?
All conjecture at the moment, of course. He would be either daft, or exceptionally brave to even consider it.
All that said, if he came back, showed a level of contrition, and won another treble, there would be a way back for him.
AND......the huns would hate it !

Accepting BR back as manager is a bit like those in abusive relationships who always pretend that their partner will improve if only they just stay with them .
Most of us can't understand why people ( women mostly ) stay with these abusive partners , yet so many on here are prepared to accept a similar scenario with BR .

OK , he didn't beat us up physically but , as in many abusive relationships , he hurt so many of us emotionally , and psychologically gave us a ''doing '' !
Think back to that February day when we woke up to the news that our manager had walked out taking most of our coaching staff with him as we fought for the League Title . How did you feel ?

Oh , we say , he did great things for us a club , so we can overlook his betrayal at the climax of the season's battle for honours . Like the abused , we kid ourselves that he has changed - he wouldn't hurt us again ! He has learned from his mistakes !
No ! The abuser never learns . It is usually the abused who pretends that things will be different - yet deep down you KNOW that nothing will have changed .

Caveat Emptor - on stilts !

HH

Accepting BR back as manager is a bit like those in abusive relationships who always pretend that their partner will improve if only they just stay with them .
Most of us can't understand why people ( women mostly ) stay with these abusive partners , yet so many on here are prepared to accept a similar scenario with BR .

OK , he didn't beat us up physically but , as in many abusive relationships , he hurt so many of us emotionally , and psychologically gave us a ''doing '' !
Think back to that February day when we woke up to the news that our manager had walked out taking most of our coaching staff with him as we fought for the League Title . How did you feel ?

Oh , we say , he did great things for us a club , so we can overlook his betrayal at the climax of the season's battle for honours . Like the abused , we kid ourselves that he has changed - he wouldn't hurt us again ! He has learned from his mistakes !
No ! The abuser never learns . It is usually the abused who pretends that things will be different - yet deep down you KNOW that nothing will have changed .

Caveat Emptor - on stilts !

HH
Notice quite a few sites and media sites still punting his name i would take a wild guess the board want him and are seeing what the reactions going to be

,,,yet again the locked drawer approach

it would be a bad day in Celtics history if we accepted the snake back ,most want him cos we skelped the huns ,they forget pedro was the manager and their team was all over the place

The snake fkd off as soon as slippy hit the scene i'd take a guess he didn't want found out alot earlier

Last edited by a moderator:
Like yourself, scotcel, I would be surprised if BR returned. The whole debacle surrounding his departure has left very deep feelings of betrayal.
I struggle to recall any period when we as supporters felt such animosity towards a departing manager.
From his perspective, he would be under unbelievable pressure from day one.
Could he, or anyone else, handle that ?
All conjecture at the moment, of course. He would be either daft, or exceptionally brave to even consider it.
All that said, if he came back, showed a level of contrition, and won another treble, there would be a way back for him.
AND......the huns would hate it !
Apparently he's already ruled himself out of the running for the position, which doesn't surprise me at all.

Not because of the animosity etc but it would be for him a backwards step when in actual fact his stock is still high.

Yes he was sacked by Leicester but everyone knows he was working with one hand tied behind his back , a blindfold, and when the owner died tragically in the helicopter crash the family inherited something they have nothing to zero interest in and stopped his transfer budget, meaning he had to sell to buy.

Whomever convinced man utd that McGuire was worth £80 million is an absolute legend haha probably sell sand to the Arab's.

Utd are just one of those clubs that never learn.

£60 million for casemiro a 31 yr old whose taken a season to dislodge Mctominey, who looked better when he came on in that cup final to me.

If ever doing a bet builder , casemiro to be booked is a certainty , most booked player in EPL I'm pretty sure, but we're insane to think kyogo is worth £25-£35 million as he's 28?

1 decent tournament for England at the euros or WC whichever it was when with Leicester saw his value multiply by 6 SIX times , Rodgers must've been flashing them pearlies ear to ear ....until he realised he wasn't going to get any of it for players, that £80 million went straight to the unpronounceables bank account.

Now maddisson and tielemans are leaving, drinkwater , Schmeichel gone etc so no huge surprise for anyone if you sell a team of winners and replace them with players on a budget not much more than our own the direction is down....all the way.

Personally Frank I'm certain Rodgers would have no problems with returning , handling the pressure etc he thrives on it , lives for it and loves it the more the better.

I believe if he came back he would talk and smile and snake oil his way back into our good books in no time, the time it takes to win the league cup and all would be forgiven such is his smarm/charm.

Celtic supporters are a very knowledgeable bunch amongst the most football savvy on the planet and we know it wasn't just him it was lawell just as much.

Huge IF, he did return ( which I can't see,), he'd be forgiven just as soon as that silverware starts rolling in and return to hunskelkping of a kind I've witnessed only that once ever, regular 4,5,- 0,1s .

Aye we wouldn't like it but we'd get overview very quickly.

He still has a good job/contract in him yet I believe in one of the EPLs top clubs and won't be coming here anytime soon except to watch us play.

Members online

No members online now.

Back