Fraser Forster

Should Celtic be back in for Fraser Forster?

• Yes definitely

• No he left knowing how much we needed him

• He owes us nothing , so not bothered

• He owes us for making him the player he is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Winter

Should Celtic be going for a keeper who didnt want to be here ? He owes us nothing , we owe him nothing. I was brought up on the mindset that if a player no matter how good isnt Interested in playing for us , especially in this season . Then we shouldn't be looking backwards. Dont get me wrong I'd love to see him back , however what does this do for our 3 other keepers morale? We wont buy him it will have to be a loan and we will have to pay more than we have previously, what do you think bhoys and ghirls should a club like Celtic be back in for a players who turned us down? Or was it a mistake on his part ? Or something else ? All opinions welcome HH ☘

Big Fraser was looking for a long term deal I think. No doubt Southampton would want a fee as well. In hindsight the money spent on Barkas would have been better spent securing FF on a long term deal.
Not exactly sure what went on behind the scene. His performance in the LCF and the two games against Lazio should have got him his long term deal. Letting FF and CG go looks like a fairly big mistake from here.

Last edited:
I think if we had the opportunity to bring Fraser Forster back to Celtic wer need to grab it with both hands.
I cant comment on Hazard because I have not seen enough of him,but I can like every other Celtic supporter comment on Fraser Forster and in my opinion he is in the top teir of goalkeepers ever to have played in Scotland,such as The Holy Goalie,,Craig Gordon,Packie Bonner,David Marshall,etc..
Without a doubt I would have the big man back,I saw this man pull of some of the best saves against our biggest rivals I have seen from any goalkeeper anywhere in the footballing world.
Craig Gordon is probably the unluckiest goalkeeper we have had being around at the same time as Forster,Craig Gordon very seldom let us down,why did Lennon allow him to walk away from us knowing there was a massive chance Forster was going back down south..
I believe a good goalkeeper can improve any defence by giving them that wee bit of confidence they have lost..and dont forget Bhoys and Ghirls Jack the giant bean stock is back at the end of the season,,maybe sooner ????..they say the Bhoy is a superstar in Belgium,I am sure Bhoys and Ghirls we could suffer that..

HH.

He took a chance hoping he could become 1st choice at Southampton only they had other ideas and now he is back where he was before we took him on loan, he might have got a transfer to another EPL team after his performances up here but again no takers.

I'm totally conflicted. He was my number 1 priority in the summer, but it appears he turned us down after making us think he was going to sign for us. Because of this I would love to tell him getitrightupyouse - but we could really do with his match winning ability. IF we can get him on a good deal then yes I would sign him again, but I'm not sure this will be a viable option for us.

Still cannae make ma mind up,how is another season,potentially history makin,the chance ae a quadruple treble,10 in a row,the chance tae be a legend,loved the big guy,did somethin happen behind the scenes? did Lawwell phuq up again?,jesus,the only place he had any success was up here,gained his first engerlund cap,so don't know,if he gave us a GIUY,feck him,he can count his money and watch his career go down the stank. 🍺 🥳

Still cannae make ma mind up,how is another season,potentially history makin,the chance ae a quadruple treble,10 in a row,the chance tae be a legend,loved the big guy,did somethin happen behind the scenes? did Lawwell phuq up again?,jesus,the only place he had any success was up here,gained his first engerlund cap,so don't know,if he gave us a GIUY,feck him,he can count his money and watch his career go down the stank. 🍺 🥳
It is a strange one that he would allegedly say he'll stay and then not. I would guess Hassenhuntl told him that he would be fighting for the no1 spot. Or lawell has tried to get him for less at the last minute. We cant pay 75k pwk to anyone but we have paid 50k pwk before for Keane. I'm of the mind that PL has tried to cut the cost of that deal. If we got him back I wouldn't be against it given his best has come for us but weve not seen hazard under pressure so dont know what the bhoy has to show. I cant believe that Angus Gunn is a better keeper than big FF so Hassenhuntl doesn't like him has to be. If this were any other season I'd say leave him be and go with the 3 we have but it's not and interesting to see the votes split down the middle on this HH

Should Celtic be going for a keeper who didnt want to be here ? He owes us nothing , we owe him nothing. I was brought up on the mindset that if a player no matter how good isnt Interested in playing for us , especially in this season . Then we shouldn't be looking backwards.

This☝️100% so it's a naw from me!

How many shots at being Celtic No.1 does this guy get? Great keeper but he has told us twice now that he seen his future elsewhere and shouldn't get another shot at it just because things haven't worked out for him the way he hoped.

He Knew the extent of this Season he said no. I want to be Southampton no1 fine it’s his choice.
Another thing we’ve seen with the Hat that he’s going home because his family struggled to settle in. Must be the same fir Barkas he’s struggling with the Language barrier good Keepers need to communicate with there defenders and the Club has let us know this I know the evidence so far is he’s dodgy looking I think their is a good maybe great Keeper in their Time will tell
So stick with him And Hazard.
Thank you FF but you said no and it’s a NO from Me. You have to want to be here
We’re Celtic a Club like no Other.
Not a lifeline
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back