French Eddy...

Shammy, you'd have loved our Kramer, he lived till he was 21
He was a big cuddly boy and the only time his claws came out, was when another cat/raccoon/squirrel, came into our backyard ;-)
Eddie is different class, hope he sticks around for the 10
Eventually, no matter where he goes, he will go with the love and good graces, of the Celtic support
HH

View attachment 6982
Oh Jesus naw. 😱

We definitely won't be spending £30 million on 1 player but we have shown time and again that we dont have to spend so high and if we did we'd be selling players at epl prices. £9 million for eddy ,£6 million for Julien in recent seasons shows that we have upped the anti if the player is right for us we'll pay It , also ntcham for £4.5 million these are no small sums for a Scottish club ,Celtic are operating in a different market now , theres no going back really £3.5 million for klimala as well and hes only 19. Only the £3-£3.5 million on kouassi hasn't been successful , injuries had a big part to play in that too so I was disappointed that genk have the option to buy at the end of the loan period as he may well be a success in Belgium but if the option to buy recovers £2 million of his fee then fair enough. It would be foolhardy and Glasgow rangers-esque for us to be spending £6-£10 million on every talented player scouted, they have to fit in with our style ,settle and be a success. The board are criticised for not spending the kitty but they have been doing so in relative terms for an spfl club of late. I think that it's a given these days that we will have to pay £3 million at least for talented young players regardless of which country they are coming from nowadays and clubs have cottened on to our sell on clause trick and are now doing the same to us. Mega rich man city happy to let us have frimpong for £400k but with a whopping 30% sell on clause for a youngster who had never played a minute of first team football shows tremendous confidence in him from both clubs on the back of a bounce game. So if we sold him for £10 million city will be taking £3 million of that cash though he will sell eventually more around the £20 million mark I believe ,£6million to city £14 million to us not bad business or financial risk on a £400k signing. I'm hoping that eddy is in no hurry to leave and buys into the 10iar bid ,that would leave him with 1 year left on his current deal so the club will have to extend it , meaning also a pay rise if only for the 1 season so we get the correct amount when he leaves, the club have tried to cover that off with klimala ,if he settles like moussa or eddy then I think that the club would listen to offers for eddy in the summer.
Great post winter. Like a lot of Celtic fans I have been critical of the board when it comes to releasing money to bolster the squad. But I have to be fair to them and say that some of the bigger signings they have made are hard to find fault in.

Edouard, Julien, and Ntcham for example. Yes we operate in a difficult market with limited funds. We can identify potential signings and maybe be in a position to make a reasonable bid for them and another club can offer a bit more and bang we can't compete. Or maybe it's not a matter of we can't compete, maybe a valuation has been agreed say between Lenny and the board and there is an unwritten agreement that we have to walk away if another club exceeds our evaluation.

Now people can bring up the McGinn situation which was a shambles but I would like to think that the board have learned from that and will not make mistakes like that again. As I say we operate in a limited area with limited budgets, we might not find another Lubo or Henrik at the kind of fees we picked them up at but at the same time we have to be realistic about the restrictions of the revenue of the competitions we play in at the same time.

At times I feel that supporters expectations are unrealistic. We have some highly talented players in the squad and we should enjoy them while they are here without getting too hung up on the price tags.

I'm off tae ma bed now but big HH to you and everyone on the noise today ☘☘☘☘☘

I said that months ago mate n most people said hes no captain material 😂maybe because KT was still here.
I have always preferred the captain to be a CB or DMF , think its because of their ability to read the play and see what's unfolding in front of them, let the wingers and strikers get on with going about their business without having to make sure that everyones pulling their weight or following tactics. I personally wouldnt like to see eddy burdened with the captaincy (if, that was what yous were talking about 🤣)HH

I have always preferred the captain to be a CB or DMF , think its because of their ability to read the play and see what's unfolding in front of them, let the wingers and strikers get on with going about their business without having to make sure that everyones pulling their weight or following tactics. I personally wouldnt like to see eddy burdened with the captaincy (if, that was what yous were talking about 🤣)HH
I was talkin about McGregor!🤣

I was talkin about McGregor!🤣
I sort of guessed that but couldn't be arsed going back through the thread to see 😆 aye happy with that, have heard people talk of soro being the possible future captain and no-one's seen him kick a ball, and we all know about how kouassi was to be the chosen one and how BR was likening his ability to that of couthinho, we'll never know ,do know he was unlucky with injuries but no way was he always injured

Back