Full replay

I've always thought that the DVDs released, over the years, by the club/through the club , missed a trick there.
It's always great to relive the best moments of a successful season past, but it would be better if they included one or two or more ' live games' in there as well.
Seeing the goals to these awesome hunskelpings of recent years is awesome, remembering the standard of our play, seeing the team work, players and style can be better and just as good.
I'm too young personally ,( a bairn really), that I missed, (just ),
the glory years of the lions and the 2 champions cup finals , the intercontinental cup games ( world club cup final in todays money ) when Celtic were at full tilt.
I was born '73 so much of my formative, Celtic 'in Europe' years were largely considered a failure.
I mind as a waen a running joke in the hoose that Da was thinking about getting us adopted by Celtic like Roy Aitken,
I didnt understand that until a bit later hah crazy story.
I have vague memories of Celtic beating Juventus 1-0 at CP 1980.
I have very strong memories though ( now that I'm off on a tangent ( though still relevant in a round the houses way, anyway)) of the Ajax 2-2 CP game in '82.
The strongest memory being,
the atmosphere of the Celtic end and stadium before the game started was , and I think still is the loudest I've ever heard , louder than when the goals were scored even.
The anticipation was unbelievable.
I couldnt even feel the vibrations in my body as I tried to shout to my pal,
we were 9 yr olds with my older brothers,
I wouldn't believe it possible, such a noise until I heard it myself.
The air was crackling like high voltage.
So I had a Celtic side capable of beating anyone but also throwing up shocking results for the standards just before and around the time I was born.
Little tastes of glorious highs and lows like the win away to Ajax on the tranny, sporting lisbon thrashing , the comeback against Cologne.
Wasnt really anything consistent to speak of in Europe until Wim Jansen arrived , then MON.
There is a similar optimism about this group of players to that of the group which included Larsson.
If Ange can stay in Europe after the group stages be it CL or EL it would have to be seen as an enormous achievement.
From his starting point at Celtic.
Leads me to my point, eventually.

Where it not for the live recording of the lisbon final ,
I would never have seen with my own two eyes just how dominant and ruthless the lions were.
Reading all about it is one thing, seeing is another.
Tangent complete and full circle ,
Put a few games in with the annual DVDs.
I mean they could easily put the live repeats on a separate disk and.......hang on ,
I've just had an idea šŸ¤‘šŸ¤‘šŸ¤‘

Last edited:
Noo watching it againā€¦..to sore, full of missed chancesā€¦ā€¦.what coulda been šŸ˜„
Watching it for the first time got to say we did have a couple of chances but they are at a different level. Plus i don't think we played that well, a lot of misplaced passes that get punished at this level.

Latest posts

Back