Funny phone numbers,

I'd like to think that we're all too aware nowadays about scamming phone calls and don't listen to them for 2 seconds before hanging up but obviously some folk do pay attention to them or the scammers wouldn't carry on doing it.

I'm on the Telephone Preference opt-out scheme but it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the amount of unsolicited calls I receive but it does allow me to ask them the name of their company and warn them that they may be fined for contacting me.
Telephone preference scheme thats what it's called yeah we had those numbers also bought by the company

Because I remember calling people and they'd say "how did you get this number ? We're with the telephone preference scheme? BA has lost a lot of people's data and they have a hell of a lot of it. Biometric scanning email addresses and addresses the lot

Data Protection Act my arse. I was signing on at the Jobbiecentre for a short period and then started getting loads of sales calls on my mobile and the buroo were the only people I'd given my number to.
Aye it's written into contract that they are allowed to process that data unless sensitive. Process being sell

What really makes me laugh is when quite clearly the call is coming from Mumbai or somewhere else in India and the call handler says ''Good morning my name is John''. Naw it fkn isnae, it's Aziz or Achmed or something but it's not bloody John.

Where was John the Baptist from again.....??

John the Baptist (Hebrew: יוחנן המטביל Yokhanan HaMatbil, Ancient Greek: Ἰωάννης ὁ βαπτιστής, Iōánnēs ho baptistḗs or Ἰωάννης ὁ βαπτίζων, Iōánnēs ho baptízōn, Coptic: ⲓⲱⲁⲛⲛⲏⲥ ⲡⲓⲡⲣⲟⲇⲣⲟⲙⲟⲥ or ⲓⲱ̅ⲁ, Indian Sub Continent. Aziz, Achmed, Scotland. Jimmy)

Last edited:
We get them a lot, I always delete the call
I think this is the greatest 'Telemarketer' call ever
Tom Mabe - genius

Last edited:
Received another one today 0300 200 0527,voice mail,English voice ,unless I press one and speak to an adviser, I will be arrested for fraudulent activities,googled the number and folks been swamped with the same call, this really is pissing me off now ,no matter how much you block ,they get new numbers ? What I would like to know ,how do they obtain these numbers , there must be an official ‘ company’telecomes or whatever who dishes out these numbers to ‘companies’,and what do these bogus companies tell them ,oh, I would like numbers for my company ,We are scammers, I feckin so they do !!!!!!!so some ass hole sits at a computer screen and allocates these numbers,,would love to meet them ,would shove my boot right up there proverbial,where the sun don’t shine ,feck sake ,my barred list is getting longer by the feckin day AHHHH ,hh

I got one and called them back, while playing a telemarketing scam call on you tube
The guy on the phone had a South East Asian accent, much the same as the you tube one
It was hilarious listening to the confusion of the scammer, trying to 'talk' with the you tube one
HH

Last edited:
These scheisters manage to buy bulk telephone numbers and personal data, even those numbers which are under the opt-out, unlisted, ex-directory (can't remember what the proper name is for that ) this is what happens to people's data when it goes "missing" from companies like BA and Sony PlayStation etc. The details are stolen, sold on to the highest bidder who then pester the hell out of people, scamming them. I'm aware of that only because I once worked casual gig for a bunch of crooks Solar Energy Savings. They had plenty of ex-directory numbers that they shouldn't have had. A computer just rings the next number automatically. That company (I left when I realised that I was helping to scam people) got caught and ended up front page of the Sunday mail. The idea was to convince folk that solar is the way to go but your house /roof must be facing South to get max solar input. That didn't matter to them even if you're home faced north we were told "it's ok set up an interview with the client who will try to get a sale on your lead" at the time the govt were offering a great return for anyone who installed these panels which can cost up to 12grand and more. Then the electricity and gas companies weren't happy at all with this obviously, lobbied the govt and the tax free tariff was cut to practically nothing. Even if by then you'd bought the panels , had them installed etc you still would not recieve the "govt guaranteed tax free tariff " disgraceful. At first I believed in it and if you have the money (a lot of it) it will save you money in the long term. I just couldn't live with myself after finding out the number data base was stolen and I was convincing pensioners , homeowners etc that this was the best thing since sliced bread. Not for any amount of cash in hand scum of the earth. Same with the PPI claims scam where you dont need any company to do that for you , you can do it all by yourself on line without paying fees to companies for doing it for you. If it sounds too good to be true then it is , is the old addage that still stands true today. Beware people on telephones offering the world for no more than your life savings. Honestly makes me sick to my stomach that it took me 6 moon to work out it was a scam. I needed the money at the time but before I left (a friend of mine(ahem) photographed many numbers waiting on house visits from the company , phoned them back and told them it was a scam cut and run.
You are on 300 databases you don't know about.
Not just you, every bugger ?

Just received a call from 0161 870 5936,Manchester number ,’ This is officer Rachel Scott from inland revenue, you must return this call and ask to be put through to my dept’!!!!! American accent ,what gets me ,how come these scammers are allowed to get a UK land line number, have blocked this number ,as have done with a stack of other 0161 numbers,and same message ,have a block list as long as my arm,just beware ,but am sure all on here are wise to this crap ,hh
Wiz Squinty m8 putting on his 'Daft Wee lassies voice's ??????????

Wiz Squinty m8 putting on his 'Daft Wee lassies voice's ??????????
Tell them the cheque's in the mail & hang up
I had a guy with a South East Asian accent call me regarding 'charges about to be filed re some tax situation (totally bogus)'
I asked his name & in a heavy accent he replied "James"
I said "Spell James"
He insisted I answer his questions
"I'm not answering your questions, until you spell James"
Evetually, he admitted his name was not James, but Hardeep
"Well, fuck off James" & I hung up

Yes ,figured that out ,it just how do these companies get access to the numbers they use ?hh
They get access because someone steals the data. Then sells it. Even if it's 3 years old most people don't change their landline number. Stolen data , from the inside, or as BA and Sony PlayStation etc say , the data has gone missing. It's never stolen as that shows up the lack of any kind of security that can keep out a 6 yr old with a 90s V-tech spell checker from downloading databases. Data will never be truly secure as long as someone's writing the code to protect it. Someone else is trying to show that it can be broken. Idk if Facebook still do this but years ago every year they would hold a competition to see if anyone could hack the firewalls etc, if they did they'd win a million bucks.

Members online

Latest posts

Back