Gabby Agbonlahor...3rd Striker

Frank53

Seen this guy on Saturday, good movement..looked a Player ( in this company)...needs to lose a bit of weight but powerfull guy...He was trying pretty hard...been hearing wee rumblings that he wants to play for us..he,s only 31 and a free agent.Any one know more about him at his time at Aston Villa.. What do you think?

Seen this guy on Saturday, good movement..looked a Player ( in this company)...needs to lose a bit of weight but powerfull guy...He was trying pretty hard...been hearing wee rumblings that he wants to play for us..he,s only 31 and a free agent.Any one know more about him at his time at Aston Villa.. What do you think?
Was in the press that Slippy G was after him
HH?

He's not a very good at all. For a striker he barely scored for villa, think his best return was about 13 goals, but normally he would score less than 10 a season.
Would rather play a youth players than that waste of space. Mikey Johnston is a well better player

Having played with Villa and now a free agent I’d guess there would be plenty interest from down south if he was worth a punt... the fact he has no options there suggests he’s not the quality we’d be looking for

He was playing a charity match with retired players. I think the fact he hasn't found a team at 31 speaks volumes. He played six matches last year, has scored three goals in three seasons. I'd rather play Mikey or wait for Aitchison to come back from his loan spell or whatever.

There are better free agent options at the moment if we ever need to consider those.

Was in the press that Slippy G was after him
HH?
If he is Sevco standard just forget about it. The only good thing if Stevie G is indeed interested in him, would be to sicken them if we nipped in before them. Then again Scott Allen springs to mind, so as I said before forget it.

By the way, when I said there are better free agent options, I meant it.

Karim Ansarifard, Iranian, is 28, played at Olympiakos last season, scored 20 goals or so, is being pursued by Nottingham Forest but there are work permit issues, apparently.

Lacina Traoré, Ivorian, is also 28, played in the French league last year, he's a feckin tower, like 6ft8 or so.

Jerry Mbakogu who is 25, ex-Carpi, fairly quick and athletic and has Serie A experience.

Is any of these signings Celtic-caliber? Probably not, although the Iranian guy would be an interesting option (that's why he will be off the table soon). But if at some point we're in need of a guy to fill in for our strikers, there are many options. Most days we only play one upfront anyways, so let's keep calm.

I think you'll see Christie used as a false nine, maybe in conjunction with Sinclar on the left, when we need a third striking option.

I live in Birmingham. Not only is the guy not a prolific goal scorer, he's also got form for bullying women and being a big headed clown. He's also known for having a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Hope the hoops don't touch him with a barge pole - his wages were around £65k a week too!

We don't need a non scoring striker. We need a goal scorer. Although Brendan looks like playing only one up front, last season showed that when we had 3 strikers then there was sometimes when we had none available and played Sinclair, Roberts and Forrest as our No 9

Naw, just naw.... Ljungberg mkII

Agree, and starting to think that having any of these past prime former EPL players are usually more trouble than worth at Celtic.
One thing imagining you might be able to earn a lot more down in England, imagine being a Celtic player giving 100% being sat alongside some of these EPL pensioners, hearing their tales of (even more) extremes of riches.
The less mature will start to feel poverty stricken having to survive with only several grand a week spare.

Nice hearing any player complimenting Celtic and the fans, but no its not what we need.

We don't need a non scoring striker. We need a goal scorer. Although Brendan looks like playing only one up front, last season showed that when we had 3 strikers then there was sometimes when we had none available and played Sinclair, Roberts and Forrest as our No 9

This year is going to be the same. There is no way that Leigh and Ed manage to stay healthy the whole season. We'll end up playing Sinclair, Christie and whatnot as false 9. Let's see if they spend that Dembele cash come January, 20m are more than enough to improve the squad with 3-4 quality additions so that when the August qualifying rounds start we finally have a deep roster that already know each other and can stroll through the easy matches and improve our chances of reaching the CL. Basically what should have been done two windows ago.

he was legend their just needs to lose bit weight as you say think he playedwide

I live in Birmingham. Not only is the guy not a prolific goal scorer, he's also got form for bullying women and being a big headed clown. He's also known for having a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Hope the hoops don't touch him with a barge pole - his wages were around £65k a week too!
The bullying thing was in evidence at the last Charity game at Celtic Park, he went through, Celtic fan, young Louis Tomlinson of One Direction, he's a boy band member, not a professional footballer FFS !!
It was a Charity match and there was no need for it
The Bhoy, had to come off after his crunchig tackle
I've no doubt Agbonlahor loves the Hoops, but at 31 and carrying extra weight, he's probably not worth a punt, especially as we have some young guns hoping to come through
Just my opinion
HH

I think you'll see Christie used as a false nine, maybe in conjunction with Sinclar on the left, when we need a third striking option.
Agreed, Christie deserves a chance, he did well for Aberdeen and he's got that bit of bite in his game now
Good touches and awareness too
We brought him through the ranks, loaned him out for experience, give him a shot this season
HH

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back