Game Management?

Imatim

...or lack of.....I’m disappointed at the number of times late on we tactically done the wrong thing imo.....why not 2 on the ball at a corner to keep possession?.....why didn’t we close the game down by bringing on Ntcham and bottling things up and keeping possession?.....as much as the pitch was utter shite.....we could have paid the price for simply not being professional.....imo of course

Not just that, Brown looked to be struggling on the hour mark. Trouble is there is no one to replace him on the bench. McGregor can do that role and needs to be given a shot as he done alright when Brown was out injured last season. We can see from the team chosen NL did not want to lose this game. Rennes will be a far tougher game than this one and Broonie cant play in them all, some decisions to be made i think.

It was clear Lenny played a strong side to get a good victory to stay at least 3 points clear at the top of the league. As it turned out, the 2nd half was poor and they could have stolen an undeserved point at the end from a half chance.

Broony took several knocks and was struggling. We have 4 games in 9 days and are playing twice a week for the next few weeks and we know Broony struggles with so many matches in a short period so agree Ntcham should have replaced him.

I've never known a player to take so long to get back up to full match fitness as Rogic so was hpping he'd get a decent run out today, but we really should have been 2 or 3 up before bringing him on so it was maybe not the best idea to do it when we were only 1 goal up as we lost a lot of intensity.

It was clear Lenny played a strong side to get a good victory to stay at least 3 points clear at the top of the league. As it turned out, the 2nd half was poor and they could have stolen an undeserved point at the end from a half chance.

Broony took several knocks and was struggling. We have 4 games in 9 days and are playing twice a week for the next few weeks and we know Broony struggles with so many matches in a short period so agree Ntcham should have replaced him.

I've never known a player to take so long to get back up to full match fitness as Rogic so was hpping he'd get a decent run out today, but we really should have been 2 or 3 up before bringing him on so it was maybe not the best idea to do it when we were only 1 goal up as we lost a lot of intensity.
I understand where you are coming from Bridie Bhoy and I think Lenny had so many options going through his head today because as you pointed out we have 4 games in 9 days and he knows he will need the full squad to be up to speed before we start this 4 game campaign on Thursday.
I also agree with you about Rogic,he does take so long to get himself fit after an injury,,for me he is not a 90 minute man and has not been for a very long time and it is certainly not due to the domestic injuries he has incurred,maybe it is time for the big man to repay Celtic by concentrating on the fans who pay his fantastic wages every month,, injured or not..
Might be an idea to have a quiet talk with Broonie,who as far as he is concerned did the right thing,, Celtic and their fans have certainly benefited from Broonies decision,HH.

3 pts, no injuries, job done!!
Although we need to give mc Gregor and Brown a rest.... in Lennon I trust.
As I have said many times on here BhoyLennon I was not a Lenny fan,I did not believe in him,,but let me tell you my friend this is the sweetest humble pie I have ever eaten and I will continue to eat it while Lenny remains in the hot seat..it was great to be proven wrong..HH.

Members online

Latest posts

Back