Games a bogey..

Well it didn’t take long for the brown envelopes to reach there destinations??
arab club getting invited into next years champions league!!
some balls on this lot,,this will end up way us or some other small nation getting turned over for a place?
It was definitely going to happen. This is just the start. Why would they stop at just 1 place? 4 sounds like a decent number?

How about a joint European and Gulf State or European/Asian Champions League to bring in the massive fanbase from eastern Asia?

The game is fecked and will just get worse I'm afraid.

some balls on this lot,,this will end up way us or some other small nation getting turned over for a place?
It is difficult to see where Saudi Arabia fits into Union of European Football Associations so you must be right about brown envelopes... and about a club from a small nation (UEFA definition being any nation outside the cartel of 5) being shafted for the place.

Some dafty on here mentioned this during the summer 😜.
If true its a racing fookin certainty we get them.... Mind you the Green Brigade will be welcome if its an away game??.

Not long till the Champions League final is being played in Dubai or Addis Ababa sponsored by Heineken 🤣🤣🤣

UEFA 'considering inviting' Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr to Champions League next season​

Chris Byfield

Published 17:32, 14 November 2023 GMT
| Last updated 17:31, 14 November 2023 GMT
UEFA 'considering inviting' Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr to Champions League next season

Featured Image Credit: Getty
UEFA are considering inviting Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al Nassr to the Champions League next season, reports in Saudi Arabia have claimed.
Last week, Ronaldo scored his 13th Saudi Pro League goal of the campaign as Al Nassr beat Al Wehda 3-1 to close to within four points of table-toppers Al Hilal.
While the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has been in electric form this term, his performances have been away from the glare of a large contingent of European supporters.
That may not be the case for long, however. According to Saudi journalist AlHarbi44 on X, formally Twitter, UEFA are considering inviting Al Nassr to the 2024/2025 edition of the Champions League.
As per the journalist, the reasoning for this is that Al Nassr are considered among the “three most famous clubs in the world” and have “great popularity” among European supporters.
Indeed, Ronaldo is arguably the most impressive performer in Champions League history and would welcome Al Nassr’s involvement in the competition.

The Portugal international, who was the first man to win the Champions League on five occasions, has also made more competition appearances and scored more goals (140) than any other player in the tournament.
That is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Ronaldo’s records in Europe’s premier competition.
Having been named Champions League top scorer on seven occasions, Ronaldo has also scored 67 goals in the knockout stages of the tournament, netted in three finals and is the only player to have scored in 11 Champions League games in succession.

Next season the Champions League group stage will be scrapped and instead, 36 teams will be in one big league table.
The top eight of the final table will go directly through to the round of 16, while those positioned ninth to 24th will enter a playoff to earn the other eight places in the round of 16. Positions 25 to 36 are eliminated from Europe.
Topics: Football, UEFA, Champions League, Al Nassr, Cristiano Ronaldo

Chris Byfield

Published 19:04, 04 November 2023 GMT
| Last updated 20:09, 04 November 2023 GMT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A load of bollox if you ask me.

UEFA 'considering inviting' Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr to Champions League next season​

Chris Byfield

Published 17:32, 14 November 2023 GMT
| Last updated 17:31, 14 November 2023 GMT
UEFA 'considering inviting' Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr to Champions League next season'considering inviting' Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr to Champions League next season

Featured Image Credit: Getty
UEFA are considering inviting Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al Nassr to the Champions League next season, reports in Saudi Arabia have claimed.
Last week, Ronaldo scored his 13th Saudi Pro League goal of the campaign as Al Nassr beat Al Wehda 3-1 to close to within four points of table-toppers Al Hilal.
While the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has been in electric form this term, his performances have been away from the glare of a large contingent of European supporters.
That may not be the case for long, however. According to Saudi journalist AlHarbi44 on X, formally Twitter, UEFA are considering inviting Al Nassr to the 2024/2025 edition of the Champions League.
As per the journalist, the reasoning for this is that Al Nassr are considered among the “three most famous clubs in the world” and have “great popularity” among European supporters.
Indeed, Ronaldo is arguably the most impressive performer in Champions League history and would welcome Al Nassr’s involvement in the competition.

The Portugal international, who was the first man to win the Champions League on five occasions, has also made more competition appearances and scored more goals (140) than any other player in the tournament.
That is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Ronaldo’s records in Europe’s premier competition.
Having been named Champions League top scorer on seven occasions, Ronaldo has also scored 67 goals in the knockout stages of the tournament, netted in three finals and is the only player to have scored in 11 Champions League games in succession.

Next season the Champions League group stage will be scrapped and instead, 36 teams will be in one big league table.
The top eight of the final table will go directly through to the round of 16, while those positioned ninth to 24th will enter a playoff to earn the other eight places in the round of 16. Positions 25 to 36 are eliminated from Europe.
Topics: Football, UEFA, Champions League, Al Nassr, Cristiano Ronaldo

Chris Byfield

Published 19:04, 04 November 2023 GMT
| Last updated 20:09, 04 November 2023 GMT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A load of bollox if you ask me.
Ffs not even Champions and they are getting an invite to the Champions league,,🤔, who ever heard of that..😱..... O wait.... Cancel that 😅🇸🇩

Ffs not even Champions and they are getting an invite to the Champions league,,🤔, who ever heard of that..😱..... O wait.... Cancel that 😅🇸🇩
I had to laugh at that bit, 'three most famous clubs in the world' and have 'great popularity' among European supporters. :LOL::LOL:

Maybe why lawell and board are scared to upset uefa!!!excuse to lob us out the competition..pyrotechnics,flags,banners,,any auld excuse🤷‍♂️

If the Saudis get their hands on the champions League and take control of UEFA...you just watch Lawwell go over there with videos and framed pictures of the GBs Palestine displays. "Look Mr Rich man, we are your friends....give us your money"

Like imatim earlier Espirito , I don't doubt your word at all but ive not seen anything that says this will happen, could you post a link if possible please?
All I can find is a 2month old article from the guardian I believe, where ECA chairperson Nasser al-Khelaifi nationality Qatari (,Peter Lawwell one of his sidekicks) said no plans for it in August

Like imatim earlier Espirito , I don't doubt your word at all but ive not seen anything that says this will happen, could you post a link if possible please?
All I can find is a 2month old article from the guardian I believe, where ECA chairperson Nasser al-Khelaifi nationality Qatari (,Peter Lawwell one of his sidekicks) said no plans for it in August

It was in a lot of websites earlier today I noticed that the BBC have now pulled it It looks like it all started from a single Tweet on X and all the churnalists ran with it as they do these days. See this link on Football365 for more info

If the Saudis get their hands on the champions League and take control of UEFA...you just watch Lawwell go over there with videos and framed pictures of the GBs Palestine displays. "Look Mr Rich man, we are your friends....give us your money"
Not a chance of it being "us", Lubo. More like "me and DD".

Back