Geez a break

cheezydee

Following on from a comment I made on another post, I’d like to think Lennon is looking at the run towards the end of the year and thinking about how & when he can give players a needed rest. Hopefully we’d qualify from this euro group, with the game to spare, and players would have at least that opportunity to get rested. There seems little in the way of squad rotation, and I’m sure the timing of injuries haven’t helped. Lennon seems to favour the traditional few changes at a time, but there should be scope to play most games with a key player rested. Of the current side, Brown, McGregor & Forrest have played most games (outwith injury) in the past 2 years, with eddy having played most of the last year. When you make 4/5 changes, it makes it harder for those 4/5 coming in to build the confidence as the rhythm in the team isn’t the same. Bayo for example would be under less pressure if he had Elyounoussi, Forrest and Christie around him, or the likes of ntcham being better placed looking for eddy rather than Bayo. For the 3 RB conundrum, why not give Bauer that support role for Elhamed, and have Frimpong replace Forrest?

Members online

Latest posts

Back