God works in mysterious ways..

Michael D

life's often got a natural way of sorting out shit, whereby sometimes you look at a situation i.e. manky mob getting tooled up to attack a peaceful Irish unity march. And it rather depresses you?
but hey.....
there's today's news about upcoming weekend marches being banned by Glesga District Cooncil
and the manky mob now on the warpath in that they can't go forth and espouse their filth with impunity as they've being used to doing, some 4 or 5 times a year!
YES, ya dancer.....fell on to their own sword!
Mikey bhoy

IMO the OO is just another platform for bigots to show their staunchness (look how much I hate Catholics everybody) .The trouble is the numbers are dwindling so how do they encourage more of the peepil back .
What about telling everyone we are not bigots ,we are really just a friendly bunch who have colourful parades which are child friendly and a great day out .

Maybe some found the walks a tad tedious as no one was bothering with them ,so what about marching past chapels and spitting on priests just to show everyone how staunch we are and how much we hate Catholics. A two pronged offensive ,if you will.

If the Grand master wishes to know how most decent citizens dislike Orangemen ,I suggest he looks at the you tube videos headed ,"orange walk under the bridge " and maybe it will enlighten him a tad.

Although I would imagine you wouldn't get to the lofty height of GM by being a welcome to all kind of guy

Orange walks in Glasgow, parades in Ireland have always been about triumphalism and intimidation. They wanted to show their 'right' to march through areas where they were not wanted to keep those who didn't want them 'in their place'. Things have changed over here and parades have been re-routed away from areas where they aren't wanted to some extent but there are too many parades at too high a cost to the public purse. They should be issued a 'cop the fuck on order', both sides of the water, to consolidate parading to a couple of designated days, well away from residential areas.

If an orange parade has to be re-routed away from chapels then what is this celebration of culture and faith all about, there was no protest from a congregation leaving a place pf worship when their priest was spat on and subjected to a torrent of abuse.
What other, for use of a word ( hypothetically), religion would attack another persons religion for no reason and demand they be allowed to keep repeating this behaviour. Culture my arse, bigotted red neck cave men enforcing their view on decent members of society who do not adhere to their pish..

I worked with a guy who was my supervisor ,he was about 60 and a member of the Orange Lodge for about 30 yrs .
His daughter met a catholic boy and decided to get married in the Chapel (this was about 8yrs ago )
The Orange order told him in no uncertain terms that if he walked his daughter down the isle on her wedding day he would not be welcome in the lodge .
The guy to his credit told them to go take a flying f**k ,as he would be walking his daughter down the isle whether they liked it or not .
My response to him was ,do you not feel like you have wasted 30 yrs of your life amongst those c***s
The very fact any organisation in the 21st century would think it was ok to ask a father to choose between them or one of his children is something I find hard to comprehend .
I know who I would choose and I pity any father who would even think there was a decision to make

I worked with a guy who was my supervisor ,he was about 60 and a member of the Orange Lodge for about 30 yrs .
His daughter met a catholic boy and decided to get married in the Chapel (this was about 8yrs ago )
The Orange order told him in no uncertain terms that if he walked his daughter down the isle on her wedding day he would not be welcome in the lodge .
The guy to his credit told them to go take a flying f**k ,as he would be walking his daughter down the isle whether they liked it or not .
My response to him was ,do you not feel like you have wasted 30 yrs of your life amongst those c***s
The very fact any organisation in the 21st century would think it was ok to ask a father to choose between them or one of his children is something I find hard to comprehend .
I know who I would choose and I pity any father who would even think there was a decision to make
21st century! and still disgustin bastaarts fergus!

I've heard about people sponsoring hate marches like they were 5ks. Every step the nazis take is a bit of change going towards anti racist charities. People show up and cheer them on with signs letting they know they are helping progressive causes they despise. I can imagine the orangemen would love to have their march raise money for such great causes even against their will.

I cannot fathom the harping on about Democratic rights especially when it comes to outdated bigotry parades that have been allowed for decades.
What about the Democratic rights of thousands of ordinary people who have to endure the offence and inconvenience it causes on numerous occasions throughout the year and believe me this is not just certain faiths
who feel certain parades to be inappropriate.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back