Going for 9IAR beginning tomorrow

BILLCOWIE1958

As we embark on our 2nd attempt at 9IAR in the past 50 odd years what do we have to proclaim and what if anything should concern us?

The positives would include being undefeated in our 1st 4 competitive matches so far and being undefeated in pre season friendlies

As well as having new additions to the squad we also welcome back Griff who was sorely missed for the League run in and Scottish Cup campaign Nir Bitton might also be included in the same category as Griffiths and has certainly looked back to his previous pre injury form

We should also be looking forward to the return from injury of Tom Rogic and KT should he remain at the Club Not forgetting the returned from loan Lewis Morgan who has already shown on the European stage that he is capable of pushing for a 1st team starting berth Also seemingly recovered from a horrible injury young Christie seems to be picking up from where he left off in a rather curtailed finish to last season
Along with the busy and tricky Mikey Johnston we don't seem to be that far short of existing attacking options who know the internal workings of the Club and with Edouard our most expensive ever signing domestic opposition defences in particular should maybe be casting worrying glances in our direction Throw Bayo into that mix and I feel our goal threat and tally for the new season will be further enhanced than last season and since Maryan Shved coming on as a late replacement in Estonia the other evening to great plaudits for his play and goal scoring ability things really are looking a lot more positive

The addition of Christopher Julien as a replacement for Boyata will hopefully strengthen our back line and help cut down on defensive lapses
Young Kris Ajer so seemingly effortlessly transformed from midfielder to Centre Back and showing his abilities at Right Back if called upon has turned into such a versatile operator Could he be a possibility for future captain once Broony's playing career terminates Especially if KT does indeed move on to pastures new
Boli Bolingoli although possibly not a direct replacement for KT (should he leave) is an interesting conundrum He seems to want to be an attacking full back although his defensive qualities have so far proven to be slightly suspect but hopefully match fitness and becoming accustomed to playing with his new team mates in whatever system Lenny decides to adopt will bring more confidence to the young Belgian

Not forgetting Abt Elhamed another versatile defender we would appear to be giving ourselves cover options although an out and out Right Back is still probably our most sought after exponent

Luca Connell another new addition may find it difficult to push his way into the 1st team despite some of our midfield from last season having already departed and more possibly either leaving on loan or permanently but as a teenager he has time to develop

You may have noticed that I have so far neglected to mention Karomoko Dembele
I believe he should be nurtured and introduced sparingly When we see the treatment he has already received while playing in the 1st team we don't want him being crocked or burned out before he really gets his chance to shine

All in all I think we are in pretty good shape moving forward but more additions would be more than welcome indeed a necessity in certain positions (RB at least)

I have a really good feeling for season 2019/20 especially now that NFL seems to have steadied the rocking vessel that Snake Oil vacated so expeditiously back in February

COYBIG

HH?

Last edited:
As we embark on our 2nd attempt at 9IAR in the past 50 odd years what do we have to proclaim and what if anything should concern us?

The positives would include being undefeated in our 1st 4 competitive matches so far and being undefeated in pre season friendlies

As well as having new additions to the squad we also welcome back Griff who was sorely missed for the League run in and Scottish Cup campaign Nir Bitton might also be included in the same category as Griffiths and has certainly looked back to his previous pre injury form

We should also be looking forward to the return from injury of Tom Rogic and KT should he remain at the Club Not forgetting the returned from loan Lewis Morgan who has already shown on the European stage that he is capable of pushing for a 1st team starting berth Also seemingly recovered from a horrible injury young Christie seems to be picking up from where he left off in a rather curtailed finish to last season
Along with the busy and tricky Mikey Johnston we don't seem to be that far short of existing attacking options who know the internal workings of the Club and with Edouard our most expensive ever signing domestic opposition defences in particular should maybe be casting worrying glances in our direction Throw Bayo into that mix and I feel our goal threat and tally for the new season will be further enhanced than last season and since Maryan Shved coming on as a late replacement in Estonia the other evening to great plaudits for his play and goal scoring ability things really are looking a lot more positive

The addition of Christopher Julien as a replacement for Boyata will hopefully strengthen our back line and help cut down on defensive lapses
Young Kris Ajer so seemingly effortlessly transformed from midfielder to Centre Back and showing his abilities at Right Back if called upon has turned into such a versatile operator Could he be a possibility for future captain once Broony's playing career terminates Especially if KT does indeed move on to pastures new
Boli Bolingoli although possibly not a direct replacement for KT (should he leave) is an interesting conundrum He seems to want to be an attacking full back although his defensive qualities have so far proven to be slightly suspect but hopefully match fitness and becoming accustomed to playing with his new team mates in whatever system Lenny decides to adopt will bring more confidence to the young Belgian

Not forgetting Abt Elhamed another versatile defender we would appear to be giving ourselves cover options although an out and out Right Back is still probably our most sought after exponent

Luca Connell another new addition may find it difficult to push his way into the 1st team despite some of our midfield from last season having already departed and more possibly either leaving on loan or permanently but as a teenager he has time to develop

You may have noticed that I have so far neglected to mention Karomoko Dembele
I believe he should be nurtured and introduced sparingly When we see the treatment he has already received while playing in the 1st team we don't want him being crocked or burned out before he really gets his chance to shine

All in all I think we are in pretty good shape moving forward but more additions would be more than welcome indeed a necessity in certain positions (RB at least)

I have a really good feeling for season 2019/20 especially now that NFL seems to have steadied the rocking vessel that Snake Oil vacated so expeditiously back in February

COYBIG

HH?
A wonderful summary Bill. Along with Karomoko Dembele I'd include Oko-Flex too as a brilliant young prospect too. Let's make history! Hail hail ?

A wonderful summary Bill. Along with Karomoko Dembele I'd include Oko-Flex too as a brilliant young prospect too. Let's make history! Hail hail ?

What I would say about Oko Flex and other Academy stepper uppers

We shouldn't be wanting to blood too many too soon as along with experience being required in the 1st team the sooner we show our hand the faster grabbing hands will try and wrest our prospects from our grasp for insulting lowball offers

When our 1st team players do move on as they invariably will at some point we don't want to be left bereft of replacements who have been brought through in the Celtic tradition

HH?

What I would say about Oko Flex and other Academy stepper uppers

We shouldn't be wanting to blood too many too soon as along with experience being required in the 1st team the sooner we show our hand the faster grabbing hands will try and wrest our prospects from our grasp for insulting lowball offers

When our 1st team players do move on as they invariably will at some point we don't want to be left bereft of replacements who have been brought through in the Celtic tradition

HH?
Yes to an extent but as we only get a development fee up to the age of 23 and players like Dembele and Oko-Flex will be highly sought after in a few years time by cash-rich English clubs, then the more they have played then the higher the compensation we will be due. Exciting times Bill - pity Europa League champions elect Newco are going runaway with the treble! ?

Yes to an extent but as we only get a development fee up to the age of 23 and players like Dembele and Oko-Flex will be highly sought after in a few years time by cash-rich English clubs, then the more they have played then the higher the compensation we will be due. Exciting times Bill - pity Europa League champions elect Newco are going runaway with the treble! ?
Think that Danish mob will do them in the next round mate ,heard they struggled last night ?

I reckon we'll see after Sunday SEVCO'S real credentials although I don't expect Kilmarnock to be anywhere near the force they were last season

Their new manager seems to be well outwith his depth

Hugh Kevin's on Superscoreboard this evening Killie would be in the relegation mix this coming season

I think that may be over egging the pudding somewhat but I think bottom 6 would be realistic after Stevie Clarke leaving

HH?

I reckon we'll see after Sunday SEVCO'S real credentials although I don't expect Kilmarnock to be anywhere near the force they were last season

Their new manager seems to be well outwith his depth

Hugh Kevin's on Superscoreboard this evening Killie would be in the relegation mix this coming season

I think that may be over egging the pudding somewhat but I think bottom 6 would be realistic after Stevie Clarke leaving

HH?
I agree - I suspect Killie may be in real trouble this season. More to do with Steve Clsrke leaving rather than the Monster Muncher Kris Boyd retiring!

38 x 3 = 114 possible points. We don't need to be invincible. If we get 109 points or more we are champions. We start with the first 3 today and then just 106 to go.

Latest posts

Back