Christie transfer

• Good

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Value for money

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Spot on Brimcbhoy. We'll never find out which of our "wantaways" might have stayed if we had paid them the going rate for a quality player before their heads got turned. I genuinely believe we'd still have Tierney, Boyata and Christie for starters. Possibly another season or two out of Dembele. If you were to add that the players Rodgers and Lennon actually wanted and were prepared to sign (McGinn and Toney for a start), maybe we'd be still be a football club and not the omnishambles we've become.
I don't believe the likes of dembele and tierney was a purely cash only decision put it this way if any of yous were as good players as these guys wid yous not want to test urself in better leagues and against a better standard of player because remember they wid not really realise they're full potential playing in Scotland against the same shite all the time they're careers would have stalled imo

Christie shows he can be a player.....sometimes tries too hard.....But, when he goes missing....he goes missing....I think Ange would have got the best out of him if he stayed.....But he was for moving...He done the opposite of Eddy in the shop window.......So...for me it was bad business.....but on a personal level...he had to go....he wasn't wanting to be here....If he did stay, I think he would have contributed to the team.....his mind was elsewhere.......
I liked Corpus. Tried hard, sometimes too hard and got nowhere. I think he would've fitted in with Ange just fine.
At the end of the day he wanted to leave, so he had to go. The "I've always liked Bournemouth" statement was a bit weird tho. I think he'll regret it.

It seems money is Christies measure of a "good career". He traded Champions League/ Europa League 60,000 crowds and unforgettable nights, medals and trophies for money. KT and Armstrong, his Celtic and Scotland buddies getting 150k (at least) in their bank account every month must have influenced his thinking. As I understand it Corpus was one of the lowest paid first team players at Celtic. He signed a long term deal at a young age. I don't know if he got an improved deal later on though. I think he might have. He found his old form under Ange too.
We did well to get a few million for a want away who could have headed on for nothing in January. If money in the bank is his measure of success good luck to him.
I won't knock him for it though. Most of us would leave our jobs tomorrow for quadruple wages.

It seems money is Christies measure of a "good career". He traded Champions League/ Europa League 60,000 crowds and unforgettable nights, medals and trophies for money. KT and Armstrong, his Celtic and Scotland buddies getting 150k (at least) in their bank account every month must have influenced his thinking. As I understand it Corpus was one of the lowest paid first team players at Celtic. He signed a long term deal at a young age. I don't know if he got an improved deal later on though. I think he might have. He found his old form under Ange too.
We did well to get a few million for a want away who could have headed on for nothing in January. If money in the bank is his measure of success good luck to him.
I won't knock him for it though. Most of us would leave our jobs tomorrow for quadruple wages.
Would he really have been out of our wage packet now, with Bournemouth not having the sky huge cash injection this season Richybhoy?
Of course if they got promoted then yes, he would become well out of our wage bracket, still a very big IF within the championship still.

I liked Christie. On his day he was a vitally important player for us but like a few others he lost his way last season and started that ridiculous shoot into Row Z half a dozen times every game. Sadly I think he would have prospered in Ange's team but he'd already made up his mind to go so we did well to cash in on him.

It must have been galling for him having such a high profile role in the team and yet being about the lowest paid Celt on the pitch. Yes compared to us fans he was still magnificently rewarded but he was on about half the wage of fringe players like Elhamed & Bitton.

Plus the whole nonsense about his Dad was totally exaggerated to death. I must have read loads of jokes and comments about it every single day. In my view his Dad was asked a question in an interview as to whether or not he thought his son was good enough to play in England and he said yes. This was twisted into him agitating for a transfer for his son rather than an assessment on his son's ability.

I think Ryan will regret this move in later years but he will have plenty of money to keep him company.

Would he really have been out of our wage packet now, with Bournemouth not having the sky huge cash injection this season Richybhoy?
Of course if they got promoted then yes, he would become well out of our wage bracket, still a very big IF within the championship still.
Relegated EPL teams get hefty parachute payments for a few years after relegation to ease the burden. I bet Bournemouth get more in parachute payments than the whole of the SPL get from Sky in the current TV deal.
It's a sad state of affairs when a club like Bournemouth (no offence to Bournemouth) with crowds of 20,000 + can pay higher wages than a Club with 60,000+ crowds and European football every year.
TET is bang on when he says Sky and money have corrupted football.

Relegated EPL teams get hefty parachute payments for a few years after relegation to ease the burden. I bet Bournemouth get more in parachute payments than the whole of the SPL get from Sky in the current TV deal.
It's a sad state of affairs when a club like Bournemouth (no offence to Bournemouth) with crowds of 20,000 + can pay higher wages than a Club with 60,000+ crowds and European football every year.
TET is bang on when he says Sky and money have corrupted football.
Thought it was only for 1 season myself and that was last season Richybhoy, yet I could well be wrong on that.
Been very generous on the 20k crowd also, though they were at the 12k max limit.

Thought it was only for 1 season myself and that was last season Richybhoy, yet I could well be wrong on that.
Been very generous on the 20k crowd also, though they were at the 12k max limit.
Didn't realise their crowds were as low as that mate. How on earth can they pay more than Celtic.

Was it such a great idea now for many of us glad to see the back of Christie including myself especially upon last seasons form.
Think the way Ange likes to play he stands to be a huge loss imo, makes me think that you need to be careful about what you wish for.
Opinions please
Hes a huge loss a player just about to hit his peak , brilliant technique can beat 3 players in front of him and can shift like Usain Bolt ( when he could be bothered) . He couldnt be bothered last season and I get the feeling we held up his move to Bournemouth the first time they tried. Superb player got it all but didnt want to be here so I choose value for money since he cost us 500k and we made a profit of 4 times that £2.5 million reportedly, I think that's decent business not good business though we couldve got north of £15 million had good business practise been involved and things been handled properly.

Members online

Latest posts

Back