GPT 4

Has anyone heard of this? Its the latest AI. Its growing and has the potential to become self aware. Will it replace VAR?

Yep!

It’s amazing, and at the same time rather scary what it can do and where it will lead.

If you need to write an in depth report or a job application letter/resume, or anything at all, it will blow your fckn mind.

It only accesses on line info pre 2021 I think I’m right in saying.

If you download it, a wee tip is to write what you want to say on a Word document first and then cut and paste that to the AI program. You need to experiment a bit with what you load in to the program to get the best results.

There’s lots you can do with it, but you need to always remember, what you do with it is recorded somewhere and it’s capabilities are scary…

And Chat GPT is already old hat.
GPT4 was launched on March 13th. Its at a level the developers thought it would be at in 2030...in 3 weeks.
They are purposely holding it back. Setting blocks and confines for the play thing that's availible.

GPT4 is like playing with an inmate that's had the final solution from nurse Ratchet.

The only tests currently done with full AI capabilities have been done in a closed system. Access to a huge data store but with no outside clear line to other networks (full internet access).

It's been shut down every time.
Freaked the shit out the boffins and the nerds.

The fear and admission being that, in it's raw form it could not be controlled if given access to open systems.

Thing that has made me sit up and notice is that even the big tech guys go sheet white when asked about one of the "created non restricted" AI's jumping the fence.
Some fucker basically loading it onto storage and plugging it in outside of the lab.
No likey 😨

went on gpt4 to ask an automotive question

Riviting life i know

anyway the question was changing an alternator on a vw crafter procedure wise it got 2 out of 10 right ,tooling it got wrong not as though the list was large 2 torx bits 16m 13m 11m sockets

even the poles on youtube using transaltion were more informed

Was told once that " Monkeys could do your job"
"Monkeys would never replace us, unless they learn to drink as much as we do"
Still waiting
I fear for the youngsters future, as we 'progress' down this road of technology
When computers were first on the scene, they were touted as 'tools to help us'
Now, we have phones with more technoilogy in them, than the first US spacecraft
It really is disturbing when you learn of what they have, and as someone said are willing to let us know about, never mind what they don't tell us about

HH

Back