Green Brigade Statement on recent incidents

BILLCOWIE1958

After reading the Green Brigade's Statement on recent incidents I notice that they stop well short of telling these bampots NOT to bring pyrotechnics to football matches

They DO try and dissuade perpetrators from throwing pyrotechnics onto the pitch or at people but not taking these items to games is not mentiined

They seem more upset that these pyrotechnic throwing retards are carrying out their actions and try to associate themselves with the Green Brigade or cause overcrowding by infiltrating the Safe Standing Section at Parkhead which is already packed

While recognising that the Green Brigade's opinions don't always concur with many many other fans and supporters in this particulate instance I feel that they should have called these little arsewipes out and told them to keep pyrotechnics away from football altogetger
Would it have done any good Who knows but I think that the culprits want to associate with the Green Brigade on a peer on peer basis

I firmly believe that the guilty parties in throwing pyrotechnics and for that matter invading pitches are not always there to watch or support football but to get an adrenelin rush from acting like bad boys or hard men in much the same way the Casuals did a generation ago but in saying that I'm not saying that I think the Green Brigade are inherently bad boys or hardmen

The Casuals were weeded out and whether by measures of law enforcement or by maturity as well as banning the sale of alcohol in Football Stadiums I couldn't say but something MUST be done to cease this current disease affecting our game

HH?

Last edited:
James Forrest summed up the GB very well in an article today . Much of what they do is commendable - but in their statement they claim that they want to ''normalise '' the use of pyrotechnics within the stadium . Really ?
How can you normalise the use of pyrotechnics in a stadium with 60,000 people in close proximity ? They need to drop all use of such devices .
HH

James Forrest summed up the GB very well in an article today . Much of what they do is commendable - but in their statement they claim that they want to ''normalise '' the use of pyrotechnics within the stadium . Really ?
How can you normalise the use of pyrotechnics in a stadium wit7h 60,000 people in close proximity ? They need to drop all use of such devices .
HH
And what responsible fuckwit is going to handle this important task?. Utterly ill conceived thought out pish. Love the Green brigade but this is just a fuckin immature nonsense thing of a statement.last comment on this. HH ☘☘

No need for Pyro's of any kind as I take my grandson to matches. We go to watch our beloved Celtic. I salute the Green Brigade, Your continuos singing & banging of the Drums are a joy to listen too. A lot of kids are the games but I would be worried if any kids get injured .

The fact they don’t call for a immediate end of these wankers using these pyrotechnics, probably due to the fact they come from their number tells me they don’t give a Fuck about how the club suffers, as long as they have their right to express themselves.

The self appointed voice of our support? Are they fuck. They are a self interested bunch of faux outrage at the world’s wrongs, but do fuck all apart from sing about them wave a wee flag.

I have said it before and I will again. They are self indulgent and lack the balls to take their so dearly held beliefs onto the streets.

When they are supporting the Celtic as opposed to the Provos, the PLO, Hamas, and anyone against Israel, they are top notch. But when they spend the majority of the game singing about every fucking thing apart from Celtic, they do fuck all for the team and bring bad press to the club who continually ask them to cut it out.

Now they want to normalise these fireworks. Go fuck yourselves and realise the damage you do with this shite. You may be too young to remember how fire killed so many people at football. Or how an incident could cause a surge as people try to get away from one that goes wrong leading to potential deaths and injuries in a crush.

They don’t give a fuck. As long as their political and ways of expressing their beliefs is intact, Celtic can suck it up.

Well, it’s time to reign them in. If they took on the role of protecting Celtic fans under attack, as the casuals at least did, then I would be less critical. They don’t. Sitting about in your Che tshirt moaning about imperialism doesn’t end imperialism. Singing about it doesn’t end it. Getting off your arses and facing it down in the streets shows you care. The last Republican March had 200 souls walking. Where are they every time this March takes place?

Probably in an arts and crafts workshop, making a banner about something they haven’t the balls to do outwith the safety of our end of any game.

If Ireland relied on banner makers, che Guevara wearing songsters it would still be under the rule of Britain.

Support the team, don’t embarrass the club and if you must take political action, take some that requires courage and conviction. Not anonimity and crayons.

Would have been better to say NOTHING
The fact they don’t call for a immediate end of these wankers using these pyrotechnics, probably due to the fact they come from their number tells me they don’t give a Fuck about how the club suffers, as long as they have their right to express themselves.

The self appointed voice of our support? Are they fuck. They are a self interested bunch of faux outrage at the world’s wrongs, but do fuck all apart from sing about them wave a wee flag.

I have said it before and I will again. They are self indulgent and lack the balls to take their so dearly held beliefs onto the streets.

When they are supporting the Celtic as opposed to the Provos, the PLO, Hamas, and anyone against Israel, they are top notch. But when they spend the majority of the game singing about every fucking thing apart from Celtic, they do fuck all for the team and bring bad press to the club who continually ask them to cut it out.

Now they want to normalise these fireworks. Go fuck yourselves and realise the damage you do with this shite. You may be too young to remember how fire killed so many people at football. Or how an incident could cause a surge as people try to get away from one that goes wrong leading to potential deaths and injuries in a crush.

They don’t give a fuck. As long as their political and ways of expressing their beliefs is intact, Celtic can suck it up.

Well, it’s time to reign them in. If they took on the role of protecting Celtic fans under attack, as the casuals at least did, then I would be less critical. They don’t. Sitting about in your Che tshirt moaning about imperialism doesn’t end imperialism. Singing about it doesn’t end it. Getting off your arses and facing it down in the streets shows you care. The last Republican March had 200 souls walking. Where are they every time this March takes place?

Probably in an arts and crafts workshop, making a banner about something they haven’t the balls to do outwith the safety of our end of any game.

If Ireland relied on banner makers, che Guevara wearing songsters it would still be under the rule of Britain.

Support the team, don’t embarrass the club and if you must take political action, take some that requires courage and conviction. Not anonimity and crayons.

It's the normalise pyrotechnics at football grounds that has my brain scrambled

Pyrotechnics at a football ground are as appropriate as a Qoran at a Barmitzvah

They write their responses but their heads are so full of their own importance and values and stuck up their own arses that they don't realise how fuckin' rediculous they sound

Celtic in my opinion have been too lenient on these nonentities and pandered to their demands and wishes

They wanted a standing section and a singing section and they got it but that wasn't enough so much so they were excluded for a few games It's time the Club tobered up and chased this lot before the good name of Celtic is dragged through the gutter by the legions who are quing up and desperate to do it

It'a already started FFS and long before any bangers were thrown at Kilmarnock and Paisley and before any mini pitch invasion

HH?

Well said Bill.

The Green Brigade have a new banner is now as naff as Sevco have a new statement. That’ll show them.

Fuck off and grow up. Stop giving our enemies the bullets to fire on us. They bastards at Talkshite having a field day. Well done GB. You really help our cause.

Green Brigade ?
OK, they bring energy to a game, but wtf are they ?
They're fans, like everyone else, only difference is, they think they are somethng special, other than fans, who actually watch the game and behave themselves, without banners that get the club fined
Fans don't get Celtic FC fined
Message to the GB, go to the game, make noise, cheer the Bhoys on, sing, chant, but don't for a minute, think that any Celtic fan goes to watch you
Absolutely no place for pyrotechnics at games
If things go wrong in the stands, we could have, at the least someone injured, at worst, another Bradford disaster on our hands
Out these little bastards
NOBODY, including the Green Brigade, is bigger than our club
Problem is, they think they 'invented' supporting our team
Get a grip
HH

Last edited:
Green Brigade ?
OK, they bring energy to a game, but wtf are they ?
They're fans, like everyone else, only difference is, they think they are somethng special, other than fans, who actually watch the game and behave themselves, without banners that get the club fined
Fans don't get Celtic FC fined
Message to the GB, go to the game, make noise, cheer the Bhoys on, sing, chant, but don't for a minute, think that any Celtic fan goes to watch you
Absolutely no place for pyrotechnics at games
If things go wrong in the stands we could have, at the least someone injured, at worst, another Bradford disaster on our hands
Out these little bastards
NOBODY, inclufing the Green Brigade, is bigger than our club
Problem is, they think they 'invented' supporting our team
Get a grip
HH

Bradford. Thanks, Dill, I was trying to remember that who played that game because I remember seeing live footage of fans running on to the pitch because they were actually on fire. It was one of the most traumatic scenes I had ever witnessed on T.V. but they took it off air right away when it was obvious it was serious.

If the football grounds state they do not allow specific items then thats the end of the matter. We can go on all we want about telling folk what they should and should not do. I am sure the GB are big enough to understand that the clubs grounds do not permit these items, Pyrotechnics, Drink, Weapons, therefore if we disobey these rules we should expect to be punished.
I would not give the subject any light of day, the club do not want them, the Police do not want them and they are classed as banned items as far as we the public believe, so if the GB think different and that they are been hard done by, seek legal advice regards the rules at grounds to see if they are contained in laws illegal and classed under criminal offences.
Just been defiant is stupid, if the purchasing and bringing of the items to sporting venues are legal, brilliant, if not, don't do it, because you end up banned from grounds or imprisoned, but thats your call to make.

100% Agree TV
They think they are immune from club sanctions
I couldn't give two fucks about the GB
I stood in the original jungle, watching the Lisbon Lions
,That was atosphere without any of the nonsense, or political crap that goes on today
We were all together and nobody, but nobody, thought they were 'important' other than as supporters, who followed the team everywhere, in my case, (Lisbon, Milan) as well as all over Scotland
Anyway, enough about these irresponsible fuckwits
COYBIG
HH

Last edited:
The Jungle... oh my I have many a fond memory ?
These guys probably don’t even know what it was.. something with trees and wild animals likely ?..
These new breed wouldn’t stand a chance against the old brigade ?

hail hail ??

Absolutely spot on
Fans go to watch Celtic FC, plain and simple
Back in the day, the idiots with their pyrotechnics, would have been grabbed by the scruff and 'advised' not to come back
HH

Last edited:
Back