Greg Taylor appreciation thread

Docco

Look, his name doesn't end in a vowel, he's Scottish, he is not a stand out in our team, by no means a fans favourite, not a natural born Tim ...but by, fuck, you have been a breath of fresh air this year......a leader, a 100% trier and a damn fine player who gets better every game.... tonight you were outstanding

Gaun yerself son

He has usually been steady and is a decent full back. He hasn't been so good in attack as he seems to run out of confidence in his ability to beat his opponent and too often turns backwards to lay the ball off rather than attack them and deliver the ball into a dangerous area. If Ange can convince he can do this through lots of practice and hard work then he can become a very important player for us.

I thought his performance in tonight's derby match was his best since he joined us. On the back of his charging in to defend Jota from thuggery in the previous match then I am delighted with his progression in the last few weeks.

Well done GT. Keep getting stuck in and believe in yourself and you will help bting us success. 👏👏👏

Look, his name doesn't end in a vowel, he's Scottish, he is not a stand out in our team, by no means a fans favourite, not a natural born Tim ...but by, fuck, you have been a breath of fresh air this year......a leader, a 100% trier and a damn fine player who gets better every game.... tonight you were outstanding

Gaun yerself son
What is it with you and names that end in vowels?
Juranovic doesn't end in a vowel and he was fucking stunning tonight, Carter- Vickers same, O'Riley same.
Docco - ends in a vowel! 🤔

Other than that I think Taylor had a great game.

What is it with you and names that end in vowels?
Juranovic doesn't end in a vowel and he was fucking stunning tonight, Carter- Vickers same, O'Riley same.
Docco - ends in a vowel! 🤔

Other than that I think Taylor had a great game.

Ha, fair point but you know what I mean.... sometimes us Celtic fans dismiss a player maybe because he's not foreign enough....you know I'm right....we need to get behind our non-celtic born Scotsmen more often...just like we did in the past re: Aitken, McLeod and most recently Broony 😎👍

Ha, fair point but you know what I mean.... sometimes us Celtic fans dismiss a player maybe because he's not foreign enough....you know I'm right....we need to get behind our non-celtic born Scotsmen more often...just like we did in the past re: Aitken, McLeod and most recently Broony 😎👍
I don't think there's an anti Taylor vibe going on here mate, I think he's a fucking solid player and works his arse off. He's been my pick at left back all season. He played great tonight.

Up until tonight I didn't think that there was to much to choose between scales and Taylor tbh, but Taylor has stretched the difference hugely after tonight and nailed the position for himself now imo.
Scales will get his opportunity also, but come the bigger games now Taylor has to be 1st choice without question now imo

I’ve said it over and over he’s a victim of something I dint get and never will
A lad that gives his all and is a far better player than most are prepared to accept

but more importantly he’s a first pick for the manager

if ange walks on water then surely we should understand that wee greg clearly has the backing each and every time he’s fit and available

Up until tonight I didn't think that there was to much to choose between scales and Taylor tbh, but Taylor has stretched the difference hugely after tonight and nailed the position for himself now imo.
Scales will get his opportunity also, but come the bigger games now Taylor has to be 1st choice without question now imo
He seems to have added a wee bit of “edge” to his game this season I think - like when he was in backing up Jota the other week, and got stuck into their “£40m wonder boy” early doors last night. He’s always suffered as a target for no other reason than he isn’t KT which is unfair because KT is a genuinely world class player. He’s a solid player and looks like under Ange he’s going to develop into a very good player.

I thought that Aitken was always a Celtic fan. If he wasn’t I’ve learned something new.

He seems to have added a wee bit of “edge” to his game this season I think - like when he was in backing up Jota the other week, and got stuck into their “£40m wonder boy” early doors last night. He’s always suffered as a target for no other reason than he isn’t KT which is unfair because KT is a genuinely world class player. He’s a solid player and looks like under Ange he’s going to develop into a very good player.
Anyone who came in after KT was going to suffer the unfair comparisons. GT has proven to have the character to survive under the weight of expectation and unfair comparison.

Gaun yerself son
Aye fair play he was bang on it

Members online

Latest posts

Back