Guess who's back?

Yep.........the material is out there, it just appeals to certain individuals to control (via money) what materials we get!

As an aside, how would you allocate stuff if we got rid of money? I don’t think money in itself is the problem I think redistribution of it is the key.

A real living wage much higher than the one we have would be a start. Under 1% of the people in the world have 80% of the cash. Let’s start with taxing those greedy selfish bastards.

As an aside, how would you allocate stuff if we got rid of money? I don’t think money in itself is the problem I think redistribution of it is the key.

A real living wage much higher than the one we have would be a start. Under 1% of the people in the world have 80% of the cash. Let’s start with taxing those greedy selfish bastards.
Can you imagine if Boris said as a reward for coming out of Europe he's going to give every person in the Country £1m each, who would turn up for work the next day? Not that thats likely as he's a tory bassa, but you get my point. The russians tried communism, it didnt work and just made everyone worse off but the Party officials were slightly less worse off than the rest.

You've answered for me, TV1..........money is a necessary unit of measure, it's how it is distributed and used that creates the problems.

Supertaxes for the greedy selfish bastards. Realistic wages for honest labour all round.

The economy remains fluid due to spending and some folk might be able to save adequately for retirement instead of having to work till they're 75!

Can you imagine if Boris said as a reward for coming out of Europe he's going to give every person in the Country £1m each, who would turn up for work the next day? Not that thats likely as he's a tory bassa, but you get my point. The russians tried communism, it didnt work and just made everyone worse off but the Party officials were slightly less worse off than the rest.

People don’t need to be millionaires, what they do need us to be able to have a decent standard of living and opportunities poverty prevents. That’s achievable.

This may be controversial, but I think we should ALL pay the same rate of tax, why should someone be penalised for being successful or very good at what they do? People on low wages shouldn't pay income tax at all also as we are taxed multiple times on the things we buy through VAT and extra taxes on petrol, alcohol, and tobacco. Pensioners should have a card that deducts all taxes from the things they buy, crazy right?

People don’t need to be millionaires, what they do need us to be able to have a decent standard of living and opportunities poverty prevents. That’s achievable.
One of The Democratic Party Presidential candidates (Andrew Yang) has submitted a proposal in his candidacy manifesto that American families would receive a tax-free stipend of $1000 per month to utilise at their discretion.

His numbers work in theory (although we know that practice is a different subject).

In a similar scenario, if the UK government proposed a similar plan, at say £500 per month. There would be those inclined to spend. Those inclined to save. Those inclined to ingest substances.

Whatever the choices made, there would be those who prosper. Those who remain constant, and those who would fall under the heading 'natural wastage'.

The economy would always be ticking over though and spending would continue. The government would obviously force a grab-back with higher duties and VAT, but at least our choices would be expanded.

The other perk with this system is the potential job-sharing aspect. With that added income, many employees would be reluctant to work beyond their 37.5. The likelihood is that 30 hpw would become the new 'norm', thus creating spaces in the job market that have to still be filled.

Not sure how this has anything to do with Tom Rogic, but I'm thankful for the distraction from my current nervous disposition.

This may be controversial, but I think we should ALL pay the same rate of tax, why should someone be penalised for being successful or very good at what they do? People on low wages shouldn't pay income tax at all also as we are taxed multiple times on the things we buy through VAT and extra taxes on petrol, alcohol, and tobacco. Pensioners should have a card that deducts all taxes from the things they buy, crazy right?
I've watched Celtic all my life. I'm pretty sure I've paid enough tax for 2 lifetimes so taxing it can be sometimes to watch the hoops ?

Good to see Rogic back in training. The downside to Big Tam is he seems to take an awful long time to get up to match sharpness compared to most other footballers, sometimes breaking down again before ever reaching his peak. When he is firing on all cylinders then he is often a match winner for us but not sure if this season we'll get the luxury of playing relatively short-handed until he reaches full fitness due to Operation Stop 9IAR.

Also, am I being cynical in that photos of him being back in training are leaking out 10 days before the transfer window closes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back