HAPPY CANADA DAY

DILLIGAF

Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend
It's a beautiful sunny weekend and there's lots to do
Our Maple Leaf flag got shredded by Mother Nature and her strong winds, so the SALTIRE is flying high on Canada Day
I think myself fortunate, to live in such an amazing, diverse, country, and have such a wonderful family and friends
Sending our best Our place SALTIRE 1.jpegfrom the west coast

YNWA

😎 Enjoy yer day ,me , i'd be away to yukon pannin for gold (y)
I Wis doon the lead hills panning fur gold a couple of weeks ago, got a dredge pump, sluice box, buckets and a couple of pans, for ma Xmas, me and ma maté must have moved about a ton of silt and gravel doon that wee sluice, spent a very enjoyable 6 hrs under the blazing sun, we did find gold……only 4 wee tiny flakes, but did get some, it is there waiting to be found, everybody at ma work wants tae come on the next “expedition” think I’m need tae hire a mini bus 🤣🤣

d7e2c4d9-f8f9-48c2-8488-7212f2544013.jpeg

I Wis doon the lead hills panning fur gold a couple of weeks ago, got a dredge pump, sluice box, buckets and a couple of pans, for ma Xmas, me and ma maté must have moved about a ton of silt and gravel doon that wee sluice, spent a very enjoyable 6 hrs under the blazing sun, we did find gold……only 4 wee tiny flakes, but did get some, it is there waiting to be found, everybody at ma work wants tae come on the next “expedition” think I’m need tae hire a mini bus 🤣🤣

View attachment 23101
I broke down one morning on the A85 near inverlochy so while am waiting the hours till the search and rescue found me i ventured down to the stream that runs alongside the road , saw plenty fools gold (pyrite) shining in the waters

Had an old wash board a tin can and an empty coke bottle , near died of hypothermia when i stuck ma bare feet in the burn feck me it was summer to

Had a good day relaxing to seeing as i wasn't sure how i would get home ,,,,wheel bearing shot ,,, but would recomend to anyone

I broke down one morning on the A85 near inverlochy so while am waiting the hours till the search and rescue found me i ventured down to the stream that runs alongside the road , saw plenty fools gold (pyrite) shining in the waters

Had an old wash board a tin can and an empty coke bottle , near died of hypothermia when i stuck ma bare feet in the burn feck me it was summer to

Had a good day relaxing to seeing as i wasn't sure how i would get home ,,,,wheel bearing shot ,,, but would recomend to anyone
We had a great day oot, nice packed lunch, and always the chance to “strike it rich, the largest gold nugget in Britain was found in the lead hills in 2015 incidentally by a Canadian man on holiday, valued at an eye watering £10k

Large gold nugget worth £10,000 found near Wanlockhead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33020195

View attachment 23101

Come on my friends let's make for the hills
They say there's gold and I'm looking for thrills
You can get your hands on whatever we find
'Cause I'm only coming along for the ride

Well you go your way I'll go mine
I don't care if we get there on time
Everybody's searching for something they say
I'll get my kicks on the way
Over the mountains across the sea
Who knows what may be waiting for me
I can sail forever to strange sounding names
Faces of people and places don't change
All I have to do is just close my eyes
To see the seagulls wheeling in those far distant skies
All I wanna tell you all I wanna say
Is count me in on the journey
Don't expect me to stay

Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend
It's a beautiful sunny weekend and there's lots to do
Our Maple Leaf flag got shredded by Mother Nature and her strong winds, so the SALTIRE is flying high on Canada Day
I think myself fortunate, to live in such an amazing, diverse, country, and have such a wonderful family and friends
Sending our best View attachment 23100from the west coast

YNWA
Canada-Flag-PNG-Picture.png

We had a great day oot, nice packed lunch, and always the chance to “strike it rich, the largest gold nugget in Britain was found in the lead hills in 2015 incidentally by a Canadian man on holiday, valued at an eye watering £10k

Large gold nugget worth £10,000 found near Wanlockhead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33020195
Really ?
My cousins have just moved there
Had never heard of the place, and you mention it now
If you want to pan for gold try the Cariboo in the BC interior, that's an amazing place
I drive through several gold mining areas when heading up north
70 Mile House
100 Mile House
Barkerville
Williams Lake
This is some info:
An estimated 6,000-7,000 Chinese immigrants had come to B.C. There were more Canadian and British prospectors involved in the Cariboo Gold Rush of 1860-63. The commercial centre for the Cariboo rush was Barkerville, named after William Barker, an English seaman who found gold in nearby Williams Creek in 1862

Beautiful, rugged country and scenery is spectacular
Here's the wee yin in her new outfit, and her new Unicorn baseball cap
Grandma and Papa took her shopping last night, and she has had 3 different outfits on since this morning LOL

image9 (17).jpeg

Really ?
My cousins have just moved there
Had never heard of the place, and you mention it now
If you want to pan for gold try the Cariboo in the BC interior, that's an amazing place
I drive through several gold mining areas when heading up north
70 Mile House
100 Mile House
Barkerville
Williams Lake
This is some info:
An estimated 6,000-7,000 Chinese immigrants had come to B.C. There were more Canadian and British prospectors involved in the Cariboo Gold Rush of 1860-63. The commercial centre for the Cariboo rush was Barkerville, named after William Barker, an English seaman who found gold in nearby Williams Creek in 1862

Beautiful, rugged country and scenery is spectacular
Here's the wee yin in her new outfit, and her new Unicorn baseball cap
Grandma and Papa took her shopping last night, and she has had 3 different outfits on since this morning LOL

View attachment 23107
Wanlockhead Is the highest village in Scotland, very small place, only a few dozen houses, a pub and a museum, but hosts the British gold panning competition every year, lost of wee streams and burns, has been producing gold finds since the 16th century, always a few people doing it, although not as much as used to since the Duke of Buccleuch started changing a £55 yearly licence fee, most of the burns have been well picked clean….but there always a chance of new finds after winter high rainfall washes out new material 👍

Wanlockhead Is the highest village in Scotland, very small place, only a few dozen houses, a pub and a museum, but hosts the British gold panning competition every year, lost of wee streams and burns, has been producing gold finds since the 16th century, always a few people doing it, although not as much as used to since the Duke of Buccleuch started changing a £55 yearly licence fee, most of the burns have been well picked clean….but there always a chance of new finds after winter high rainfall washes out new material 👍
Interesting and good to know
The pub is within staggering distance for them
HH

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C71LApGyS%2BAL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_SX679._SX._UX._SY._UY_.png

Back